+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Facing Class Action Lawsuit Over MMS Delay

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
You do realise that there are some lawyers out there that are rubbing their hands and thinking that this is gonna be an easy payday today?? I can see why
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You do realise that there are some lawyers out there that are rubbing their hands and thinking that this is gonna be an easy payday today??

I can see why people are pissed. I had MMS the day I bought my 3GS and tbh I hardly use it. I did wonder why the iphone had been deprived of this feature for so long but if I had had an iphone without mms I'm sure I wouldn't have missed it. How easy is it for you to upload pictures to your facebook/bebo/some skanky social network site (I'm not a fan btw )and tell them to go look it up on their phones that can surf the web. If people were so desperate to send pictures to each other then do it by email its not difficult.

Just as an aside and for something for you folks to think about...

How many times has the gran turismo game release date been pushed back over the years and yet no-one tried to sue them(to the best of my knowledge.) We knew that the game would be refined and be better than it would have been but yet no-one decided that they were gonna take em down and teach them a lesson about false advertising. I know that others had MMS before AT&T gave it to their users but has anyone stopped to think why they did it? Do we have an answer as to why it was delayed for so long?

How about they were upgrading their infrastructure so that it could cope with the extra traffic? What about the time it takes to test the MMS service out so that it doesn't crash the system completely? I don't know but it might be a few examples. I bet there would be a storm of complaints if the MMS went live half assed and not working to the best it could be. You get where Im going with this. Some people are more patient than others I guess. Im not sticking up for AT&T cause I have heard some horror stories but, you gotta see it from both sides.

I look at all these cases that have been highlighted about all the robbers sueing their victims and wonder where these idiots who let these cases through to be heard learnt their common sense and morals from.

I can honestly say with certainty that this case is gonna get kicked out. I doubt that apple has that much control over AT&T anyway.

and just to make sure.... they now have MMS on one of the most amazing pieces of gadgetry to grace our palms??

Yeah I thought they did
    there is just no pleasing some folks.

Much love

Sandy

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Um, the phone did not need to be jailbroken to upgrade the ipcc file in itunes actually!
    Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    Yep. Tethering too.

I actually used my computer with the hacked iTunes and same ipcc to get MMS on 5 different iPhones. 3 were jailbroken.
    but, like i said, the people who read the forums (and whatnot) are not the average iphone user...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    And people wonder why the Dev Team don't give ETAs....
    And why is that?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

szr
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tw1zt3d View Post
    your argument is only valid for jailbroken users. remember, in the grand scheme of things, we're the minority.
    1a) Yes, to use the methods I described, jail breaking was required. but that wasn't my arguement. The point I was making is that MMS was fully function on both the phone and on at&t's network.

1b) There actually a way to enable MMS without being jail broiken, using a site like help.benm.at, which was became popular for enabling tethering, and later added the ability to enable MMS using the same APN info for MMS I refered to in my previous post.

2) I have a strong feeling there are a lot more people with jail broken phones than Apple or at&t will let on; classic down-playing tactics at work here it seems to me, which if true, would make perfect sense, as Apple is dead set against jail breaking.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by szr View Post
    1a) Yes, to use the methods I described, jail breaking was required. but that wasn't my arguement. The point I was making is that MMS was fully function on both the phone and on at&t's network.

1b) There actually a way to enable MMS without being jail broiken, using a site like help.benm.at, which was became popular for enabling tethering, and later added the ability to enable MMS using the same APN info for MMS I refered to in my previous post.

2) I have a strong feeling there are a lot more people with jail broken phones than Apple or at&t will let on; classic down-playing tactics at work here it seems to me, which if true, would make perfect sense, as Apple is dead set against jail breaking.
    1b Response-

Or you could download a custom ipcc file, enter the following command into terminal:
    defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE
    And option+click Upgrade to load the ipcc file.....
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

szr (09-28-2009)

szr
    Thanks

Melech518, yes, thanks, I had forgotten about that one

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by szr View Post
    I don't believe Apple have ever released estimates have they?
    The estimates (of anywhere from 5% to 10%) come from Saurik based on the number of unique devices accessing Cydia.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Thanks

one of the stupidest stories ive read
    really?
    seriously?
    get a life
    no need to sue for every little thing

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345