+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Facing Class Action Lawsuit Over MMS Delay

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Cant we all get along? No we cannot. debate all you want...but no names calling, no flames please.
    Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Cant we all get along? No we cannot.

debate all you want...but no names calling, no flames please.

Thanks

oh....angiepangie sittin in a tree K..I..S..S..I..N..G.....LOL!
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

Gezzz...let's just all be nice and get a long after all it's not going to change anything now it's the past and move on!! we all have MMS now let's be happy!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    False advertisement is a legit reason for suing someone nowadays :
    Oh America.

One of my teachers used to be a cop and he told us a story about a robber that was coming out of a house carrying a TV. The owner came home and told the person to "drop it". He dropped it on his foot, sued the owner, and won
    Can I get a link to that? That sounds too crazy.

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

this is so insane it makes me feel ashamed lived in apple valley for half my life i'm gladd i didn't turn out that stupid. wowww 3 days late man i jsut can't imagine all the pictures he missed out on sending poor guy. not only is that part alone of it stupid but it's at&t's fault gosh this guy is an idiot i would really like him to be a part of this thread jsut so he can see how many people know how dumb he is

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

What a complete moron. If AT&T delaying MMS for 3 days is the worst thing to happen to me in my life, I'll give the guy his 2 bucks.

If anything I think 2G iPhone owners should be suing. Apple lying out their *** that the hardware can't support it. I lost all respect for Apple as a company when they lied that the 2G couldn't support mms or video recording (3G also). Granted the video recording would have been lower quality than the 3GS has, but it can still do it.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cokeman For This Useful Post:

iBwizzle (09-27-2009), MetallicaFan1991 (09-27-2009), Sol Munition (09-27-2009)

Thanks

ya know, its ******** like this "class-action lawsuit" that has kept my dad from getting closure in my stepmom's death by tieing up the court system. she was killed by an idiot driver almost 2 years ago and they still have not gotten into court. (sorry i have to name call here) any of you morons who actually think this lawsuit should be taking place, go ahead and jump off a really tall building, and hold your hand out for your money as you fall. what gets put in your hand as you fall is what you deserve.

as far as at&t goes, i have had mms with a 3rd party app for about a year now. and all i had to do was buy the app and call at&t and tell them im not happy without mms and they fixed my settings right up. if you are a good customer with them, their rating system they use is a good idea, they usually do whatever you want within reason. in short, u missed mms for all of a couple of days, and it must have been so painful. GET OVER IT.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    What a complete moron. If AT&T delaying MMS for 3 days is the worst thing to happen to me in my life, I'll give the guy his 2 bucks.

If anything I think 2G iPhone owners should be suing. Apple lying out their *** that the hardware can't support it. I lost all respect for Apple as a company when they lied that the 2G couldn't support mms or video recording (3G also). Granted the video recording would have been lower quality than the 3GS has, but it can still do it.
    The issue with the iPhone 2G and 3G recording video is that the camera that they put in them was not made for taking video, yes you could do it if you hacked the software but the camera itself was not intended for it. From my understanding on how the camera module works it would be similar to taking a bunch of pictures on your, lets say, Canon Rebel XT and compiling a video from said pictures by using each one as a frame in the video.

I'm not sure about the MMS but as far as the video Apple did not lie about that. The iPhone in the state which it was purchased (from Apple, at&t, etc.) it was incapable of taking video or sending/receiving MMS.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Come on now! We have seen so many lawsuits already but little or no results till date. Class action lawsuit - in the best case can give us ATT credit for 3 days but that's about it!

Thanks

um....shouldn't he be suing at&t? an iphone running 3.0 supported mms out the box, so they delivered on thier promise, at&t did not, all other iphone carriers across the globe had thier mms working almost immediatley. if thier is anything apple should be sued over is not letting people choose whether or not they want to run 3.0(.01) or 3.1. not allowing people to roll back to an OS that was stable and didn't "comatose" thier iphones.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbillh77's Avatar
    Thanks

AT&T sucked as far as mms I jbed and had it for a while but they kept cutting it it works now Sueing is a lil excessive but maybe someone should Im not the ont

Thanks

It's ridiculous for AT&T and Apple for delaying MMS, but it is even more ridiculous to sue them. This guy probably sue them for money. That's what the people do here now days.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

My iPhone is a Part of Me ddonuts4's Avatar
    Thanks

U suck, AT&T you'll be MAKING money off of this lawsuit lol

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple can't control when the carrier updates are released by AT&T. This is ludicrous.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eremeya View Post
    The issue with the iPhone 2G and 3G recording video is that the camera that they put in them was not made for taking video, yes you could do it if you hacked the software but the camera itself was not intended for it. From my understanding on how the camera module works it would be similar to taking a bunch of pictures on your, lets say, Canon Rebel XT and compiling a video from said pictures by using each one as a frame in the video.

I'm not sure about the MMS but as far as the video Apple did not lie about that. The iPhone in the state which it was purchased (from Apple, at&t, etc.) it was incapable of taking video or sending/receiving MMS.
    Video's taken with Cycorder look pretty good, for a phone that can't record video. Apple plainly stated the hardware on a 2G iPhone did not support mms, when in fact it does & they know it does.
    Last edited by Cokeman; 09-27-2009 at 10:20 AM.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie;

One of my teachers used to be a cop and he told us a story about a robber that was coming out of a house carrying a TV. The owner came home and told the person to "drop it". He dropped it on his foot, sued the owner, and won

That's why you bury them as deep as possible in the back yard.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post

I was just about to say the same thing - there are quite a few apps fr jailbroken 2G phones that allow for MMS, hell even video recording for the 1st gen phones - and apple says the hardware can't do it. Yes Appl did try to get a ruling saying that jailbreaking you phone was illegal - but it Swirly and other apps prove that the older hardware can do it... I would go after apple for that

If it's compiling a bunch of individual snapshots as stitching them together as a video - it does a pretty good job! I would love to know what physical difference(hardware-wise) between 1st vs 2nd and 3rd gen phones is so different that it can't do mms... or for any post year 2000 camera phone from ANY manufacturer that can send/receive MMS
    Last edited by Sol Munition; 09-27-2009 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

u guys r right its not a big deal, but at&t f****d up NOT apple... do i think we should have their head on a plate, no. but i sure as hell wouldnt mind getting my 2 bucks off my next bill

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    you guys/girls are all morons...i can buy a $20 rebated prepay phone and have full MMS...yet my $500 state of the art iphone hasnt had MMS till NOW?....APPLE [IS] to blame!!!...this lawsuit will be settled to shut those weasels up....but APPLE will pay out.....either through their lawyers trying to BASH this....or to shut them up....admit it morons...you just wish you also were involved in this class action, so you could get your dirty cash too....by the way....to that idiot on the first page who was saying the iphone users were going to have to pay for there lawyers....OBVIOSLEY has no idea about a class action lawsuit....you see the lawyers get paid from the payout when they WIN!....its the gamble they take....its usually a large lawfirm that has quite alot of equity and are used to winning in court....so if they loose...the expenses involved are like the change jingleing in OUR pockets to them....so there...

lets all argue about something stupid some more
    I like how you call us morons and call me an idiot when your grammar sucks @$$, you can't spell ("OBVIOSLEY"? Really?), and you end every sentence with multiple punctuation or no punctuation at all.

Yeah, I'm the idiot.

Apple didn't promise MMS during the first two years, AT&T however did say it would be available by the end of summer.
    My point is, Apple kept it from us for 2 years. AT&T was late on their deadline by 3 days. Big freaking whoop.

Apple shouldn't be in this lawsuit because it is AT&T's false advertising.
    As I recall, Apple advertised on their own website that MMS on AT&T would be available by the end of summer. Apple is just as guilty for false advertising.

If I remember right didn't AT&T also say tethering would be available by the end of summer?
    No
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Thanks

it's a fact that global warming has extended summer, so apple has mother nature on its side. apple will prevail.
    iPhone 4 / 4.3.1 / redsn0w