Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TomTom iPhone Car Kit Pricing Released

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

^ Yeah that is another thing I don't care for is the price!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

What a f***ing rip off!!!! WTF i was expecting like 30 bucks. It's only plastic and simple electronics lmao. 3G users are screwed because I noticed it's slower gettig a gps signal. With the 3gs however you don't need that cradle is works perfectly without it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

petterloco1 (09-26-2009)

Navigon:
    Better GPS lock
    Text-to-speech
    Live traffic updates
    $89.99

TomTom:
    Sh!tty GPS lock that bounces around all over the place
    Have to get a car kit to get it to lock as well as Navigon.
    No text-to-speech
    No live traffic updates
    $219.99

Oh my God, I'm just sooooooo torn! How could anyone ever decide between them?!

what a rip of,120.00 dollars my ***,i need to go still one lol.....

Thanks

I think TomTom has missed the boat on this one. Not many people are going to pay $99 for the app and then $119.95 for a powered dock with an untested external GPS receiver. Which in my opinion is not needed. I have no problems with Navigon losing GPS locks and find its features to be superior to TomTom.

The ratings and written reviews even support my opinion. Right now the Navigon North America app is the top grossing app in the AppStore. Navigon ratings are 4 1/2 stars while TomTom is just 3 stars.

While I like the idea of a powered dock with a speaker, I can't justify paying an addition $129.

I purchased the ARKON Travelmount Mini Windshield, Dashboard, Console Mount for Apple iPhone 3G for $13.99 on eBay. This has worked very well for me. It has excellent suction cup comparable to Garmin and TomTom units. I power my iPhone 3G using a car charger cable purchased on eBay for about $4.99
    -arkon_ip115.jpg

I am able to listen to my ipod music and GPS navigation instructions through my car's speakers by connecting my iPhone audio jack to my car's auxilary port. This has worked very well and is cheap in comparison to TomTom's dock.

For those looking for a windshield/dash mount for an iPhone 3G(s) that has a protective case, there is the Arkon SM215 Travelmount Mini Windshield, Dash, and Console Mobile Phone Mount for my iPhone 3G. It sells for $19.95 directly from Arkon at www . arkon . com

-arkon-sm215.jpg
    Last edited by reddawg; 09-26-2009 at 12:52 AM.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

8. The Following User Says Thank You to reddawg For This Useful Post:

mr.sparky (09-28-2009)

What kind of a moron would spend $219 on this package when Navigon is universally reviewed as a superior app and performs perfectly well without a $120 mount?

Nice job TomTom marketing team! You guys are brilliant!

Fail!

They've being told that idiotic iPhone owners will pay for anything connected to apple. Wow is all I can say. Anyways when is te china knock off coming out.

Thanks

rip off..not getting this...plus iphone 3GS it self is good enough already..they just want money from us.. all i need is my iphone car holder and power plug charger for my car and im good..cost me like 40 bucks..oh and navigon kick tomtom booty
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

Thanks

yes work with navigon great i have this

Thanks

Could buy a standalone for just the price of the accessory itself.
    Now put the app + stand together and I can buy a new 3GS w/ a new contract.

No thank you.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

What a rip... they should include the app at this price. Oh well, app works fine without it anyway. If they sell this kit at best buy maybe the gf can get it for employee price >.>
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

hopefully NO ONE buys this garbage just for the stunt they're trying to pull.

It's a nice piece of kit to supliment the appalling implementation of GPS in the iPhone. I was thinking of getting it for my CoPilot - but not at that price.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

in todays economy, you have to be kidding and crazy to try charging some outrageous amount of money for things like this knowing you can buy a GPS anywhere with the same good features for $99 which is the "sweet spot" for this item combined with the software

Thanks

this looks pretty cool but you better get the tomtom app with that price, there out their minds but some dumb *** will buy it for that price. WHY?
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

It should be only like 10 max if you bought the TomTom app from the AppStore

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

looks like another easy target for thieves to make money off of. When ppl purchase this and have it installed, no one is going to take the extra effort to take out the stand when they leave their cars. Its going to be another Satelite radio thing all over again.

The trouble is that when they charge that much for a mount, the thieves will be breaking into cars to nick the mount, never mind what was in it!!!

I think I'll stick to a mount that cost 9.99.

Sorry jolyrogger, should have read to the end of the thread before I posted.....

thank god for **********... tomtom=$0.00 so i only have to pay about a $100 for the mount lol. still no thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast