Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T is on Pins and Needles over MMS Launch

I don't have AT&T and I never have but I've always thought the constant bashing of them has been excessive. As many people in this thread have said they've got 5 MILLION iPhones on their network. When I think about how much data I use on Edge I can't imagine the amount of data people with faster 3g internet are using every single day. I also agree that if you put any other network up to supporting the massive influx of MMS and data usage that will occur tomorrow and for awhile to come with them adding MMS they would crash and burn. I'm constantly impressed that you AT&T people are able to keep using your phones, stream your radio, watch youtube videos and god knows what else.

That said I'm on 2g with T-mobile so MMS doesn't affect me but I'll be interested to see what happens tomorrow.

Green Apple
    Thanks

on a side note.. Anyone notice yesterday and the day before more dropped calls then usual? I think the upgrades have had some effect on the network already. At least in SW Fl..

Quote Originally Posted by toawkanavngthded View Post
    sigh.... i still own a 2g...
    There are hacks to make it work on the 2G.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

from nashville TN
    but im in LA right now, and just got MMS working finally! woowooo

Quote Originally Posted by Carrbone View Post
    The staff at mmi can try and stick up for AT&T all day
    at the end of the day the fact is that..... 3 YEARS LATER AT&T still hasn't updated their network.

This isn't like the iPhone came out in June.
    It's been three years. If 3 going on 4 years isn't enough time for them to update the system then all the time in the world isn't going to help them

I hope mms shuts down AT&T and apple realizes it's time for a new carrier or atleast to add another one to the list.
    it won't be until 2011 when they plan on having full HSPA across 90% of their network, so that makes it almost 6 yrs until their network is fully upgraded.

by 2011 i see verizon/sprint maybe even t-mobile rocking 4G phones, while most at&t users are still on 3.5G HSPA.

as soon as a 4G phone comes out in the NYC area im jumping ship, and unless at&t turns up the heat, they will be the only carrier still rocking HSPA when everyone is 4G Wimax/LTE.

I don't know why mod's/staff are rocking at&t so hard anyways,

does at&t call you and give you a big fat check for sticking up for them?

^^
    Just because you are a mod or staff doesn't mean you have to agree with the masses.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Boker's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah my mms has been working strong for over a month now ever since i updated my ipcc

Thanks

Let me get this clear, 3g and 3gs owners have the camera icon on there fw and tommorrw will give you the ability to send a picture with a text message? so no new fw will be given in itunes?

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    Let me get this clear, 3g and 3gs owners have the camera icon on there fw and tommorrw will give you the ability to send a picture with a text message? so no new fw will be given in itunes?
    Its a carrier update, which is safe to use with JB, I can confirm this as I already installed it & its working perfect in Central NJ.

Thanks

Yup mms works for me now too just tried

yesterday i had horrible service, in fact my phone was stuck on "searching" for service for a good hour. if this is a sign of whats to come over getting things ready for MMS i don't even want to imagine what the service is going to be like once the green button is pushed.
    PS3 ID : glassJAw624 : add it

12. The Following User Says Thank You to glassJAw For This Useful Post:

MissMonster (09-24-2009)

I can send MMS now, but looks like I can't receive yet. iPhone 3G, 3.0, 5.1 ipcc, jailbroken. Number is from CA, but living in NC at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by DeviantGeek View Post
    ^^
    Just because you are a mod or staff doesn't mean you have to agree with the masses.
    I know they don't have to agree with us, but damn.

They came on really strong about at&t, like it was personal, people are just voicing their opinions on the fact that at&t has had a lot of time to get things done, and work out the kinks in their network.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by glassJAw View Post
    yesterday i had horrible service, in fact my phone was stuck on "searching" for service for a good hour. if this is a sign of whats to come over getting things ready for MMS i don't even want to imagine what the service is going to be like once the green button is pushed.

I had mentioned this earlier in this post.. I keep dropping calls for the last 3 days. I never did before..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zakkman28 View Post
    I had mentioned this earlier in this post.. I keep dropping calls for the last 3 days. I never did before..
    I can make calls, but I haven't seen a 3G signal between my home and work, which is strange. Usually when I get 1-2 miles from the main MS campus I pick up 3G again, but even with restarting my phone while at the store, no love.

(yes, I do have the toggle for 3G turned on)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    I can make calls, but I haven't seen a 3G signal between my home and work, which is strange. Usually when I get 1-2 miles from the main MS campus I pick up 3G again, but even with restarting my phone while at the store, no love.

(yes, I do have the toggle for 3G turned on)
    Yep, I saw that as well mostly last night when my comcast internet went out and I was using my tethering to get online.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Carlos's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure anyone on this Modmyi site already has MMS considering this is somewhat of a hack site, just funny that everyone keeps mentioning how they have it already.....

When it rolls out if its not extra money i will probably switch over to the Official way of getting MMS instead of the way I hack'd it. IF ITS FREE

Im curious on how ATT network will hold up though
    King Los aka Los Ninyo

MMS jus started working for me in upstate NY, to my surprise it is working while wifi is on, as i know ppl have said it must be off, and visual voicemail and everything is working fine, ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME HAHAHAH

Do we need to update to 3.1 for MMS? Then it'll break my jailbreak.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thinknoffcenter View Post
    this service should have been ready long ago, but i'm glad its finally coming. tho knowing at&t, the network will become crippled by 1 pm eastern time, and when i call customer service to complain about it (only cause i'm curious to see who they will blame i.e. iphone users) i can snap right back telling them no, it's at&t's fault for being last to the party seeing as though they had since the announcement of 3.0 back at the begining of the year to prepare "the nations fastest 3g network" for such an event. they obviously know the bandwidth and data the iphone users take up (hell i use well over 650 mb a month) so they should have had an idea of what this will do to thier mms servers, so i will accept no excuse except at&t saying that they are stupid and unprepared.
    You. Are. The Man.

/sarcasm
    Respect your elders.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast