+ Reply
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T is on Pins and Needles over MMS Launch

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by seanobx Has anyone on 3.0 who is jailbroken had luck just updating carrier settings or gotten the txt message for that matter? Without having to update to
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seanobx View Post
    Has anyone on 3.0 who is jailbroken had luck just updating carrier settings or gotten the txt message for that matter? Without having to update to 3.1
    nope it looks like it requires the 3.1 update and i dont want to upgrade to 3.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Videodude132 View Post
    I guess you have to be updated to 3.1

Since I'm on 3.0 it doesn't ask me to upgrade my carrier. I was hoping they'd do the carrier update. Now I can upgrade to 3.1, jailbreak, and have MMS.

YAY

Boo for the jailbreak/iTunes/iPhone installation and re-installation process though >_>". But oh well.
    dude u cant jailbreak 3.1 yet WAITTTTTTTTTT
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69185&dateline=119575  6040

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by indiscretion View Post
    But even if you upgrade to 3.1 you can still jailbreak it.

And also at least with 3.1 you can organize your apps on iTunes.

So two sort of good reasons to upgrade. MMS and iTunes App Organization.

Edit: Oh really.

My bad I thought they got 3.1 jailbroken already. I must have misread something. Damn I'm showing my n00b colors >_>"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indiscretion View Post
    neither do i. i am windoze and no snow program for us yet so i have yet to wanna upgrade to 3.0.1 let alone 3.1 so i guess i play the wait and see game now
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69185&dateline=119575  6040

Thanks

so after you do the little carrier update do you have to reboot your device?? turn it off and on?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm still concerned, will someone in the know please answer the question of will I lose my jailbreak on my 3Gs if I do the MMS update?

Thanks

My bad I thought they got 3.1 jailbroken already. I must have misread something. Damn I'm showing my n00b colors >_>"

sorry lemme corrrect myself, 3g can be JB'd on a mac ONLY. NOT 3GS at all....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to seanobx For This Useful Post:

Videodude132 (09-25-2009)

Thanks

Just had an AT&T rep walk into my store and u asked about mms for the iPhone, he claims AT&T is ready, they r just waitin on apple to release the ipcc file, claiming they need to "beef up thier servers" to accomodate the hit they will take on the download

Thanks

So my little brother had to update to 3.1 to see the update in iTunes,and im still on 3.0.1 waiting JB release and dont see squat...Interesting how we may need to be on 3.1..Actually more frustrating then interesting

Why would they require us to have 3.1 when SO many people are complaining about the problems with it!!!
    Last edited by Tower72; 09-25-2009 at 11:40 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slambo View Post
    I'm still concerned, will someone in the know please answer the question of will I lose my jailbreak on my 3Gs if I do the MMS update?
    YES. 3GS are not Jb'd on any system. Only 3G and just on a mac. so if u update to 3.1 u just jumped off the cliff.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seanobx View Post
    sorry lemme corrrect myself, 3g can be JB'd on a mac ONLY. NOT 3GS at all....
    Oh thank you. I should have stated that. I have a 3G not 3GS. While I can't record awesome stuff and my phone isn't on speed.

I can jailbreak at least. There are still some benefits to 3G. I do want a 3GS though. Thanks for clarifying this. I can now update and than jailbreak.

MMS here I come. In probably 6 hours or so. That's the bad part about having too many apps and music on your iPhone >_<"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i dont know what you guys are talking about, i have 3.1 and im jailbroken! i know i dont have a lot of posts and thats bc i learn how to read and research things before i talk out loud. search better next time

What's Jailbreak? dirtygermankid's Avatar
    Thanks

this is true. it's looking like we're going to need to be on 3.1 ON THE 3GS to have access to the new ipcc file through itunes. that doesn't work for us because we can't jailbreak yet on 3.1.

but, someone who's on 3.1 and has already downloaded the ipcc should be able to upload it for us jailbroken folks..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dirtygermankid View Post
    this is true. it's looking like we're going to need to be on 3.1 ON THE 3GS to have access to the new ipcc file through itunes. that doesn't work for us because we can't jailbreak yet on 3.1.

but, someone who's on 3.1 and has already downloaded the ipcc should be able to upload it for us jailbroken folks..
    YES PLEASE lol!!!

Thanks

I did the update.. my mms is working fine

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pugs512 View Post
    i dont know what you guys are talking about, i have 3.1 and im jailbroken! i know i dont have a lot of posts and thats bc i learn how to read and research things before i talk out loud. search better next time

read all posts before chastising. JB 3.1 what, 3g or 3gs? and if 3g how did u do it? sure as hell not on a win machine. only mac available

What's Jailbreak? dirtygermankid's Avatar
    Thanks

someone who is on 3.1 and has the mms update, would you mind going into your itunes folder and uploading the ipcc for us?

Thanks

Default Stop stop stop!!!!!!!
    For those of you who are running stock phones IE not jailbroken or unlocked, please do not post "My MMS is working fine"!!! Everyone already knows yours will be working fine because you are running bone stock. Those of us that are concerned are the ones that are Jb'd. If you are broken, make sure you post if you are on a 3g or 3gs. it makes a HUGE difference at this point in time which one you are using!!!! Thanks everyone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

FYI;
    I'm on a 3G 3.1 jailbroken (I'm a Mac guy).
    Just did the carrier update, restarted my phone, and voila!
    MMS is there. Cydia's there. What a good Friday

Thanks

The videos that u send/receive are horrible quality has anyone else noticed that?
    Nobody told me that there would be days like these, strange days indeed...www.imagine09.com