+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Thinks "Pink" to Rival iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy And between Apple and Microsoft, you cannot honestly tell me that Microsoft is the one that's greedy. Just about every Apple product is more
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    And between Apple and Microsoft, you cannot honestly tell me that Microsoft is the one that's greedy. Just about every Apple product is more expensive than a PC/MS product for the exception of maybe the core Operating System
    That's because Apple's equivalent products are superior to MS's.
    And I don't even own a Mac - just a Phone and a Touch.
    Nobody really seems to mind paying Apple prices.
    And I'd hazard that's because they regard Apple's values as being rooted in design excellence rather than commercial greed.

What I was getting at, was that MS's marketing always seems more nakedly grasping than Apple's. MS's says 'We know what you want, just give us your freakin' money' while Apple's says 'We think you'll like this, if you're in the market for it'.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Eh, I sure as hell mind paying Apple prices. Everything Apple automatically has this ridiculous markup compared to the same thing. Even the very basic things like USB cables ($20), Wall adapter (which you need a USB cable for, $30), Not-bad-but-not-great-either headphones for around 30 as well.

And they're computers. My god I know the OS is awesome but why in gods name do they charge so much for the hardware. You can get 12gigs of ram for what they ask you to bump 3 gigs to 8 in a Mac Pro.

Hell you can build a "mac pro" with the exact of similar parts off Newegg for less.

EDIT: The only thing I will absolutely concede is their support, which I guess is covered in some way with the extra cost. If their support for their entire line is as good as what I've seen on the iPhone, then I wouldn't mind paying a bit more (excluding peripherals like mice/keyboards because who cares, as long as it has keys I'm good)

Also, MS has no products that can compare to an iPhone or Macs in general. They got the Zune against the iPods and... can't think of anything else on the hardware side of things.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 09-28-2009 at 02:33 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mattharris85's Avatar
    Thanks

the only thing that makes apple better is the fact that you cant get a virus, and thats only because they make up such a small percentage of the market no one is gonna waste his/her time putting a mac virus out there.
    If I helped then hit the thanks button...

Thanks

^it is very possible for Macs to get viruses and there are OS X viruses out there...
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattharris85 View Post
    the only thing that makes apple better is the fact that you cant get a virus, and thats only because they make up such a small percentage of the market no one is gonna waste his/her time putting a mac virus out there.
    Viruses in Windows are a non-issue if you have this little thing called COMMON SENSE. Seriously, the last time I remember getting hit by a virus was about a decade ago when I knowingly clicked on an .exe that gave control to a friend of mine and all he did was force the CD tray to open/close. Come to think of it, that was kinda fun.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mattharris85's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    ^it is very possible for Macs to get viruses and there are OS X viruses out there...
    its rare
    If I helped then hit the thanks button...

iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Thanks

no competition
    these phones look horrible
    just trash

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123