+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Thinks "Pink" to Rival iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Anything, but anything that makes Apple sit up and look cannot be a bad thing. Someone WILL outshine them one day and I won'e even feel sorry for them and
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Anything, but anything that makes Apple sit up and look cannot be a bad thing. Someone WILL outshine them one day and I won'e even feel sorry for them and it will serve them right.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clive.weller View Post
    Someone WILL outshine them one day and I won'e even feel sorry for them and it will serve them right.
    Dont hold your breath...
    iLive an iLife

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

The iPhone has no competition no one wants to use the Zune store. I mean even us Windows users use iTunes.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to riku98523 For This Useful Post:

bbillh77 (09-25-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope they include the three most important keys on the keyboard of a Windows device... "Ctrl+Alt+Del"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to andygev35 For This Useful Post:

bbillh77 (09-25-2009)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yawn...another phone that will fail. Seriously I doubt any phone will be an iPhone killer.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ugly as hell!! Looks alot like the palm pre!! Ugly

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    I wish they would stop saying iphone replacement which is throwing off the momentum. If they just advertised "New" phone then most people would think the iphone is old news. Palm Pre is an awesome phone that I enjoyed demo at Best Buy and this new Microsoft phone looks nice and better in person. Wish they would stop comparing to the iphone its not even the same device or even close.
    I think it's funny when people compare devices that aren't even phones to the iPhone. Like the Zune. Any time I saw Zune being announced as an iPhone killer, I LOL'd.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Thanks

Microsoft should really give up. It's not like they are going to crush the iPhone.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

The ZuneHD is an amazing device and if it wasn't for the AppStore, it would beat the iPod Touch on just about everything.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This phone probably won't have the mass appeal of the iPhone. Microsoft is aiming it at a niche market. If it does a quarter of iPhone numbers it would be a big success for MS.
    I for one loved the sidekick when the were hot (before Microsoft bought Danger). I switched only because the 1st gen iPhone dropped & I was hooked.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can Windows Mobile OS &/or hardware handle 3D games?

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbillh77's Avatar
    Thanks

iphone's competitor,its like the the iphone,it does _________ ,________ and _______like the iphone. If they only want to compete they will never beat. Send me a notice when they say BETTER THAN THE IPHONE.Not smaller not a better battery just better now I have a 3gs before that was a 3g when something better comes out I will buy it. It could be he 4g the pink whetever. Give me a Verizon phone with a backup AT&T simcard let me pay per use maybe if my phone had 2 services they would build a better network to compete for my service

Thanks

huh, wonder if it will be plagued with viruses, crashes and blue screens of mobile death like most microsoft os's. I had a windows mobile phone bout 2 years back.....straight garbage, had to re-boot at least 1-2 times a day, then i dropped it, it landed on a cushioned chair, and bounce up onto the desk, and never worked again. it was just a $300 2 month long headache.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I agree with most others here, Just another glorified slider phone!! Also No Competition here for me nither!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Messany View Post

Image via Gizmodo

Overnight, photos began surfacing on the web that reveal the existence of a device that we've certainly heard of but, until now, have not seen.

Just this past spring, the mobile community learned that Microsoft was working under the radar to roll out a new smartphone that would run on Microsoft's Windows Mobile platform. The device was codenamed "Pink." And just last April, The Wall Street Journal reported that Microsoft and Verizon were teaming to introduce the iPhone rival in 2010.

Gizmodo is now putting an image in our heads to join the rampant thoughts about this mysterious smartphone. So far it appears that two phones have emerged from the "Pink" laboratory.

They are known as "Turtle" and "Pure." And Gizmodo notes that Microsoft's manufacturing partner is Sharp.

If Gizmodo is correct that the "Pink" phones will include Zune music as well as other multimedia features and its very own app store, this will be the most formidable competition the iPhone has faced since its inception. But will these "remixed Sidekicks," as Gizmodo puts it, resonate with consumers?
    I agree, just another glorified slider phone. Also no competition here for me nither!!!
    Last edited by r1rouse; 09-26-2009 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

If I wanted something that sucked I'd buy a CURRENT microsoft product. No need to wait for a new suck release. Apple makes the sleekest, coolest hardware on the planet and backs it with the most trouble free software on the planet.......... Microsoft responds with a plastic brick code named "prissy pink".

and the failboat arrives.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphone49er's Avatar
    Thanks

If it's good enough, I'm definitely dumping my iPhone. I'm sick of ATT.

Thanks

^Then hop onto the unlocking bandwagon.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Anyone get the feeling that the ZHD will just be a conduit to hose more MS advertising $h*te at us ?
    Greedy barstewards.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    Anyone get the feeling that the ZHD will just be a conduit to hose more MS advertising *te at us ?
    Greedy barstewards.
    Anyone get the feeling that the iPhone will just be a conduit to hose more Apple advertising $h*te at us?

I mean, hate on Microsoft all you want, but Apple has made an art out of advertising the hell out of their line through their products to get you to switch. And between Apple and Microsoft, you cannot honestly tell me that Microsoft is the one that's greedy. Just about every Apple product is more expensive than a PC/MS product for the exception of maybe the core Operating System and even then the Windows 7 upgrade had a very good price point.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

Apple and their propaganda..
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something