Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Sync - Now with PUSH GMAIL support.

Quote Originally Posted by dzjepp View Post
    Hey what is the difference with this and going into mail accounts/gmail? You already get badges, does this add mail preview popups as part of the push?
    In theory, push will deliver messages instantaneously or at least much quicker than IMAP. That being said, gmail push is dealing with some growing pains and has lagged from time to time. Push mail by itself does not give you popups; you still need third-party software for that. I installed grip (from Cydia) and it works pretty well, especially in connection with the "you've got mail" addon. If you go that route, make sure to get grip 0.1-11r, as earlier versions did not work that well on my phone.

doesnt work for me says cant connect to server all the time! anyone else with this issue?

All good now, their servers must of caught on already.
    Last edited by hryusha; 09-24-2009 at 05:26 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Their servers caught up. I get push notification with 10-15 seconds now. I still use this in combination with PushMail so I get the pop-up notification. Since it's an app I already paid for no harm in "double" notification.

I'm using no app, and am receieving double push notifications thru GrIP, anyone else?
    Don't forget to say THANKS!

J.D.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Thanks

better late than never

My question is since our phones can only handle one exchange server, and I have linked 3 other gmail accounts to the exchange one, why am I not getting push for the linked accounts?

This is not so great cuz I already have an exchange connection for my work email...gmail is utilizing the MSX gateway and iphone only allows 1!!

Any workarounds??

Quote Originally Posted by corkey20000 View Post
    My question is since our phones can only handle one exchange server, and I have linked 3 other gmail accounts to the exchange one, why am I not getting push for the linked accounts?
    Anybody?

I cant get it to sync my calander and contacts not sure why I am getting pissed. What do I need to do?
    iPhone 3gs 3.1 firmware

Lockerz member PM for inv

Last edited by drivesoslow; 11-05-2009 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345