Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Sync - Now with PUSH GMAIL support.

I think it's slow at first because it's syncing with the phone. Because after it completely finished and I saw all my mail in the inbox push started working faster. I get mail pushed in about a minute or less. It also took a while for all my contacts to appear. I think it works similar to a G1 that it needs to download all the contacts and mail before it becomes usable.
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Looks like my lord and master Google totally underestimated how much use this would get on its first day because it's totally stalling for me. I'm actually getting the notifications in a timely matter (1 min tops) when I receive new mail, but I can't actually download/read any email or populate my tags/folder.

Hopefully they'll get it working all right soon.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Doesnt apply to me but still cool and important to the growth of the community and the iphone stronghold
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks
    im so siked on thisssssss!!! so siked!

I keep getting "password incorrect" popping up on my phone. I type it in and the box pops up again.

Cool, looks like push is working a LOT faster now. I get emails instantly now. Seems as if people stopping working out the servers so much.

I can't download or send any messages.

I am really disappointed with this. I use exchange for work. I'd like actual push for gmail because I have intelliscreen and it's really convenient to look at emails on the lockscreen.

I originally purchased GPush, and that was the biggest POS ever. Not stable. Deleted. Asked for refund. Got run-around from developer about getting a refund from Apple.

I purchased pushmail. Recent update of pushmail is $2.99. Down from original $4.99. Pushmail works well, but I'd rather have real push.

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a question, I've never had a push e-mail account before so im not sure why, but I'm only seeing the 12 most recent e-mails in my inbox on my iphone. When i actually have 70 emails in my gmail inbox. Under settings I changed the settings for "mail days to sync" to no limit also under mail i have it set to show 100 most recent! so why are only 12 showing up? when i had gmail as an imap account all would show up fine! I'm deff not iphone stupid just never had a email account with push!
    Last edited by lostwhiteboyy; 09-22-2009 at 06:12 PM.
    Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll Die today!

Thanks

^ send a mail to yourself and wait till its pops up via push.. when you do that it will load the earlier emails as well.. least thats what worked for me earlier today

Thanks

ok im going to try that now

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Mine was not connecting or verifying all day. Just tried it now, it works. So yeah, probably have a server overload. Just give it a few than try again. I am not using GMAIL, Contacts and Calendar syncs via exchange.

Thanks

That didn't work. But thanks. I'm just thinking it's just not working properly because there are some many people playing with it and using it.

It works instantly for me.

Definitely better than GPush.

for people getting the pop up message about your password, you have to set it up

[email protected] in the username column as well and then it'll work.

But yeah I'm also experiencing slow push as well. takes a few minutes . Anyone knows the situation with battery life? I'm not sure I want this push working along with my already Mobile me push.. Will it drain my battery?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beeryce View Post
    I've noticed I'm not the only one complaining about the one Exchange account limitation, and I was wondering what everyone thinks about future support for multiple accounts? I don't know much about the nitty gritty of Exchange protocol, but is there some technical limitation to syncing multiple accounts that anyone knows of? Do other devices allow multiple exchange accounts? I'm just curious to know what information anyone reading this post may have. Thanks in advance!
    Theres no limitation, it's just Apple being stupid again... as always.

Default Battery life
    Is this sync going to drain my battery life faster?

so after reading all this i still dont know wish is better,im using push the one that came with my 3gs but it pushes every 15 minutes,i want something that lets me know that i have mail like "now" so is best,i dont want to spend money on junk.oh yeah what about battery life?

Quote Originally Posted by lostwhiteboyy View Post
    I have a question, I've never had a push e-mail account before so im not sure why, but I'm only seeing the 12 most recent e-mails in my inbox on my iphone. When i actually have 70 emails in my gmail inbox. Under settings I changed the settings for "mail days to sync" to no limit also under mail i have it set to show 100 most recent! so why are only 12 showing up? when i had gmail as an imap account all would show up fine! I'm deff not iphone stupid just never had a email account with push!
    I'm having the same issue except it's only showing 19 messages. I tired sending to myself with no luck, deleting and re-adding but always those same 19.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aeyn View Post
    I'm having the same issue except it's only showing 19 messages. I tired sending to myself with no luck, deleting and re-adding but always those same 19.
    I deleted the account again myself and set it all back up and its still doing the same thing to me too! any way please let me know if you figure out how to fix as will i let you know! any way i just deleted it for now and set it up as the imap regular way for now till the push account gets figured out!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast