Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Drive Safe with PlaySafe

WTF? You can't search for songs, etc.... Big FAIL in my book. I wouldn't have bought it if I'd known that.

so how come apple didnt reject this app.. isnt it a "duplicate function" of the ipod?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    speech-to-text? do i see a hack of the 3gs voice control system coming on?
    Speech-to-text already exists for all iPhones. There's a couple apps that have the capability of doing this, such as the Google App. Vlingo also lets you search, call, update your Fb/Twitter status all with your voice. The only reason why its not on the 3G and 2G is because Apple says that they don't have enough RAM to run these services in the background.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Hmmm.. Do I smell Apple integrating this in FW 3.2?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boe_dye View Post
    You know, i've worked it out over and over in my head, and I just don't see it!

I grew up being the first person in my group with a cell phone (way back in the 90's). Once my friends caught up to where I was and got a phone, I was still the only one who could SMS, or even knew that the feature was there...

Sure going going to a concert when you can't talk cause of the music, texting someone to say "i'm on the right hand side of the pavilion", Or texting the wife as your out the door from work "leaving now". SMS=Short/Small Message Service.

But now, people are going to be having full length conversations with it. And you know as well as I do that once you start voice texting then people are going to be talking into their phones, texting back and forth, talking without talking...

I'm getting to a point in my life where I am not seeing technology as a useful tool to make life more productive and easier, but instead technology as a toy that says "ooo looky what I can do this week...

So with that, I respectfully disagree in saying that there simply isn't any real reason why one must be texting while they are driving.

Besides, voice to text is so horrid that it's hardly ever accurate. And that's standing in a noise free room.

Imagine driving in your car, road noise, a.c., etc talking to your phone and then looking at the screen to make certain that the message is even accurate.

(which defeats the purpose anyways cause the point is NOT to look at your phone.)

Nay, I'll call or wait till I get home.

There are many times that I need to tell one of my project managers or sales people to go to a location and texting is fast, easy, and they can have the address without writing it down. Many times it nice to text someone before a call to see if they are free to talk. I was never a big text user prior to the iphone but now I send over 100 text a day. I find it to be a very useful tool

iPhone? More like MyPhone slidingmike's Avatar
    Thanks

just a hundred a day? I must say thats rather low. I spend close to 600 a day and lets just say that bill from AT&T close to 30 pages long. ;]

Thanks

Sounds useful. Texting while driving...sir, here's a ticket.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

I wouldn't want to be near any of you guys on the road
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

lol using beejive while driving is difficult but here in spfd, mo only ppl under 21 get tickets while texting...
    iPhone 4S 64GB White 5.1 UL | i7 Hackintosh 3.5 Ghz 32GB/ 2x128GB SSD, 2x1TB HD, 2x3TB HD, 2TB HD 10.7.3

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    There are many times that I need to tell one of my project managers or sales people to go to a location and texting is fast, easy, and they can have the address without writing it down. Many times it nice to text someone before a call to see if they are free to talk. I was never a big text user prior to the iphone but now I send over 100 text a day. I find it to be a very useful tool
    don't get me wrong, I agree texting is a wonderful tool, and I use it from time to time...

However... and be honest. Do you really find yourself driving from point a to point b without pre planning to meet your managers or sales people before you get into the car, or are you driving along merrily along the way and suddenly go "gee I guess i should text bob or sue to meet me here or there in 20 minutes"

Now you know what the next innovation is going to be? Now that we are all worried about speech to txt, so that we can text while we drive... We are eventually going to see SPEECH to TEXT, so that the recipient doesn't have to read the Text WHILE THEY ARE DRIVING!

Seriously, pen, paper. Make a phone call... The old tricks work the best.

Hell, at the rate we are going we might as well just ditch the iPhone and go back to pagers and sidekicks.
    Last edited by boe_dye; 09-20-2009 at 01:37 AM.
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

it's funny cause what's being talked about has nothing to do with the app.... =/ but soi read you can't search yrou songs that sdumb but also does it only work with the device on? that also sucks huge battery drain

It's illegal to touch your phone while driving in the UK - handsfree has to have hands free answering as well.
    I believe some people want to introduce the Death penalty in the UK but only for the offence of using your phone while driving...
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

nice
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck

Maybe I made that last bit up...
    It just seems that way
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Get a hands free like the one I have Bluetooth® hands free car kits made for iPod and compatible with iPhone - Parrot MKi9200

voice recognition
    your music via the dock connector or bluetooh
    pandora via the headset Jack ( I guess a parrot update will fix it in the future)

the best
    Last edited by averigualotu; 09-20-2009 at 08:17 AM.

uhhh, fluxtunes has been doin this for a month now, and has volume control, and is the same price

Thanks

Yeah we're not allowed to use our phones either.
    Handsfree if you want to talk on the phone.
    No phone whatsoever if you're a new teen driver...
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Learn to drive better imo.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default PlaySafe VS PocketTouch

I tried to download PocketTouch but received a notifaction saying that it is not compatible with OS 3.0. So I grabbed PlaySafe from the App Store for .99 and it works. This is actually a good idea when you are driving & listening to podcasts, etc.; and it allows you to select multiple items to listen to.

OK, I checked out the Parrot MKI9200, and it does seem to do everything...but the price is an eye-gouging, wallet-busting $299!
    Last edited by thevmax; 09-21-2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boe_dye View Post
    don't get me wrong, I agree texting is a wonderful tool, and I use it from time to time...

However... and be honest. Do you really find yourself driving from point a to point b without pre planning to meet your managers or sales people before you get into the car, or are you driving along merrily along the way and suddenly go "gee I guess i should text bob or sue to meet me here or there in 20 minutes"

Now you know what the next innovation is going to be? Now that we are all worried about speech to txt, so that we can text while we drive... We are eventually going to see SPEECH to TEXT, so that the recipient doesn't have to read the Text WHILE THEY ARE DRIVING!

Seriously, pen, paper. Make a phone call... The old tricks work the best.

Hell, at the rate we are going we might as well just ditch the iPhone and go back to pagers and sidekicks.
    I didn't mean that I text them to meet me somewhere but what I do is send them a text saying please go by job A,B,C, and D and then pickup (35) pieces of X from location E and take them to location F. It helps keep them from calling me back and saying how many pieces of X did you need again? I find it very helpful but I can see how others could find it useless.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast