+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FitOrbit Hits the App Store

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Image via Mobiletor Personal trainers can be expensive. So can gym memberships. But a new iPhone app helps folks with fitness sticker-shock still get the advice and encouragement they need
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default FitOrbit Hits the App Store

Image via Mobiletor

Personal trainers can be expensive. So can gym memberships. But a new iPhone app helps folks with fitness sticker-shock still get the advice and encouragement they need from fitness experts without the hefty price tag.

The FitOrbit iPhone application has been rolled out in the app store. According to the announcement on Mobiletor.com:
    The app provides one-to-one fitness training with a professional. Personal trainers with FitOrbit present daily monitoring and tracking, a support group for immediate motivation, grocery lists, recipes, meal preparations tips, local restaurant substitutions and comprehensive nutritional information inclusive of serving sizes. Further, the trainer also alters their clients’ meal and fitness plans according to their changing lifestyles via online discussions.
    Frankly, I'm surprised we haven't seen a greater push for such applications as of yet. With two-thirds of Americans overweight and less than 4% using a personal trainer, the timing couldn't be better for FitOrbit to show up and help provide the expert help and inspiration that a fitness guru can provide for the more than 100 million Americans reportedly still in need of weight loss, exercise, and diet training

“As a trainer, I am very excited that my FitOrbit clients will now be able to access the daily workout and meal plans I give them right on their iPhones. Making healthy food choices and exercising right have never been more convenient or as accessible thanks to FitOrbit. The app itself is free too, and if you’re not a FitOrbit member yet, you can use the iPhone to register and even pick your trainer,” quoted Holly Perkins, a FitOrbit Trainer.
    Only two months old, FitOrbit was developed by Global Fitness Media in Los Angeles. The FitOrbit iPhone application - which is free - begins by helping users customize a workout and meal plan. More importantly, the wealth of information available through expert-written articles and commentaries holds enormous value for anyone in need of fitness assistance. Having already taken the "FitOrbit quiz," I am now in the process of getting matched up with the best personal trainer that suits my "lifestyle, preferences, and goals."

There seems to be a larger and growing push for more "meaningful apps" to make their way to our iPhones and iPods. If this latest offering is any indication, getting fit will be the hottest new trend in app development for the time being. And for now, FitOrbit arguably has the most potential of any fitness app rolled out thus far.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 09-18-2009 at 10:22 AM.

Thanks

I think that's a great idea. The information you need for meals and exercise will always be right with you.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice. I will check it out. Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Gonna have to take a look...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks

I guess this is nice if you are a member.

I am spoiled and to get any information you have to pay for this service.

Eh, I have P90X videos ripped in mp4 format for my iPhone and the exercise tracker in xls (viewable and editable in Quickoffice) and the meal plans in pdf format (also viewable in Quickoffice). That works for me and I don't have to pay monthly for it.

I guess this is cheaper than an actual per hour trainer though and for those not motivated it might be useful.

I definitely would like to see more innovation with the apps in the app store and more useful everyday ones at that.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Thanks

My personal "trailer" wan't too expensive at all. I use it to haul my boat around when its not in the water. Money well spent IMO :P

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Sounds like a great app

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am looking forward to Vidaone's "MySportTraining" and "MyPersonalDiet" for iPhone. Back when I was a windows mobile user they had the best fitness software by far. It is just on the horizon, unless Apple has something to say about it, which they often do

Thanks

Isn't it easier (and cheaper) just to do no exercise and not worry about what you eat?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    I guess this is nice if you are a member.

I am spoiled and to get any information you have to pay for this service.

Eh, I have P90X videos ripped in mp4 format for my iPhone and the exercise tracker in xls (viewable and editable in Quickoffice) and the meal plans in pdf format (also viewable in Quickoffice). That works for me and I don't have to pay monthly for it.

I guess this is cheaper than an actual per hour trainer though and for those not motivated it might be useful.

I definitely would like to see more innovation with the apps in the app store and more useful everyday ones at that.
    does the p90x actually work? and did you buy it or did you ifnd a place to download them?

Thanks

Its great to see how the apps are becoming more useful with the passing of time...

iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Isn't it easier (and cheaper) just to do no exercise and not worry about what you eat?
    works for me
    fast metabolism FTW