Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Get MMS on your iPhone TODAY

Have the phone plugged in and run cmd, as you were so that it will execute itunes. once it opens itunes make sure you are holding shift then click update. The normal Shift click on the update should have itunes trying to find the IPW file or something like that. when you run itunes using that command in cmd. Itunes will allow you to search for a Ipcc file type. If you are not seeing the file type of Ipcc then its still not opening itunes correctly through the cmd

2. The Following User Says Thank You to z28kid For This Useful Post:

Dragon RR (10-01-2009)

no luck
    i also tried putting quotes around carrier-testing in regards to an apple support suggestion on a similar command and nothing happens.

so does the setprefint command only allow it to "see" .ipcc files or does it give you the option to search files on your computer once you shift-click update?

Possibly, I think thats kinda like what its doing. You must be the admin and I'm sure you typing it incorrectly. Thats about all I can say without trying to remote in and just doing it lol

i've typed and copy/pasted it and have gone through all configurations of the command i can find. i've done it both with the command prompt and cmd, now. also re-installed itunes in case it was a malfunction. i don't know what it is. there has to be some permission turned off or something. how can hundreds or thousands of people successfully do this but i can't? other people have gotten past the problems they've had with it. i give up until i happen to luck across something else to try lol. not worth the headache

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon RR View Post
    i've typed and copy/pasted it and have gone through all configurations of the command i can find. i've done it both with the command prompt and cmd, now. also re-installed itunes in case it was a malfunction. i don't know what it is. there has to be some permission turned off or something. how can hundreds or thousands of people successfully do this but i can't? other people have gotten past the problems they've had with it. i give up until i happen to luck across something else to try lol. not worth the headache
    What is the exact path of the directory itunes is in?

i'll pm you a link my buddy sent me the other day. you can give that a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by quadrinary View Post
    What is the exact path of the directory itunes is in?
    C:/Program Files/iTunes/iTunes.exe

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415