+ Reply
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ HOW TO ] Jailbreak Using Pwnage Tool on 3.1 for Mac

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
hey there, so i thought i just throw this in here cause i don't feel like getting another account to comment on dev-team's blog. anyways, i successfully jailbreaked 3.1 on
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hey there,

so i thought i just throw this in here cause i don't feel like getting another account to comment on dev-team's blog.
    anyways, i successfully jailbreaked 3.1 on my factory unlocked 3G.

but, instead of everybody else it seems, i don't have any problems with my carrier text/logo showing. it's there just fine.
    once again i'm on a factory unlocked 3G, restored to official 3.1 first, and then used a custom .ipsw to jailbreak.
    no carrier text/logo issues! it's shows up as it did before on 3.0.

my thoughts on this:
    #1 maybe my carrier still shows up cause i'm using a non-official carrier, e.g. the generic carrier bundle (which contains NO logo files, but get's the actual text to show from the carrier)
    #2 before using a custom .ipsw i restored to the official 3.1, which means i'm on bb 05.11.07 (which is of course the luxury of a factory unlocked phone) - so maybe this is an issue due to pwnagetool preserving the old bb

nevertheless, it's a minor issue, but i'm glad my carrier text still shows up :-)

Thanks

It's completely different on factory unlocked phones as they don't have a lot of restrictions now placed on locked phones.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    I have 3G S though but you did it perfectly and i found it hell easy, so for your great work, Thanks on your way. Keep up the Good work bro.

Thanks

For some reason my wifi always comes up as SUPER slow on these speed test things... It never really is that slow & is faster than a couple that got like 6mb on the speedtest. Like I've said before ... my stuff are weird...

I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default went from 3.1 back to 3.0 (2gen iphone)
    i like a big dummy upgraded my iphone (original 2gen = 1gen . . non 3g) to 3.1

BIG DEAL right . . I dont hav a mac machine and was basically stuck bc i dont know anyone with one either and seem like my phone was doomed well I found a 3.1 restored firmware (the one you have to download to jailbreak your iphone) and restored my iphone after putting in DFU mode in tunes . .

after itunes didnt recognize my sim . . (tmo user) I put in DFU mode again and retored to a custom 3.0 firmware . . it went through and then I used redsn0w win0.8 and jailbroke it and unlocked and back safe again. .

maybe this nothing special but I couldnt find any info about downgrading from 3.1 or maybe everyone knows this but in case im not the only retard i thought I share this hoping it can hep someone who did the same thing . .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    It's completely different on factory unlocked phones as they don't have a lot of restrictions now placed on locked phones.
    aha. well, i never heard that it's completely different on factory unlocked phones, besides the baseband obviously. what other restrictions are there on locked phones?
    i'm not new to this and i just thought i let somebody know.
    and since posts on the dev-team blog get easily overlooked 'cause it's incredibly crowded, i decided to post here.
    i personally don't think it's a bug in pwnagetool, but if my information is not of any interest than i'm sorry.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MacDevil7334 View Post
    WARNING: Jailbreaking with PwnageTool right now causes you to lose the carrier logo at the top of the screen (the phone still works though). The dev team is aware of the problem though they have no fix right now.

Also, Winterboard is currently not working (it crashes the springboard).

My 2G has the logo, my 3G does not.

Banned
    Thanks

Pwnage Tool took about 30 minutes to find my IPSW. Played around with the Cydia Settings, trying to add some packages, but it ended up becoming unresponsive.

Time to wait another 30 minutes. Will just leave everything the way it's supposed to be this time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
    A Few Custom FW's For Ya, who those guys without a Mac. Split Into 2 Parts.

iPhone 2G 768mb Partition Activated-Unlocked:
    Part 1 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Part 2 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

iPhone 2G 768mb Partition Unactivated-Unlocked:

iPhone 3G 768mb Partition Activated:

iPhone 3G Non-Activated:

--If I Helped, Please Hit Thanks!--
    ok, after reading through the 12 pages of this thread I havent really found what I'm looking for:

would installing one of these custom FW's through iTunes jailbreak my phone?
    does it install cydia?

the reason I ask is because I'm running on nothing but Windows machines so I can't use pwnage tool

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theguy386 View Post
    ok, after reading through the 12 pages of this thread I havent really found what I'm looking for:

would installing one of these custom FW's through iTunes jailbreak my phone?
    does it install cydia?

the reason I ask is because I'm running on nothing but Windows machines so I can't use pwnage tool
    Quick answer: Yup!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gggguest For This Useful Post:

theguy386 (09-16-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Yes and Yes
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

theguy386 (09-16-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yeah but arent there problems with the jailbreak like no network or winterboard crashing?

and 1 more question srry with the custom firmwares can we just go into itunes and restore it there or does it need to be in DFU mode?
    Last edited by 360psp; 09-16-2009 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anybody fancy pulling the latest carrier bundles from the iPhone and PMing them to me? I have a 3GS so can't do it myself.

Cheers

nzbullet

Banned
    Thanks

Question: Do we HAVE to alt+click on Restore, or can we just use Update? Don't feel like reinstalling everything.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 360psp View Post
    yeah but arent there problems with the jailbreak like no network or winterboard crashing?

and 1 more question srry with the custom firmwares can we just go into itunes and restore it there or does it need to be in DFU mode?
    Winterboard issues were fixed as of this morning with a mobile substrate update by Saurik

Quote Originally Posted by BeSweeet View Post
    Question: Do we HAVE to alt+click on Restore, or can we just use Update? Don't feel like reinstalling everything.
    It is recommended to do a restore....if you care about your phone you will restore. It will save you a lot of hassles later on. A lot more than the small task of syncing your information again

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    It is recommended to do a restore....if you care about your phone you will restore. It will save you a lot of hassles later on. A lot more than the small task of syncing your information again
    True. I'll give a "Update" a try and see how that goes. Everything is backed up just in case. Just takes a few hours to get everything back on there, then another couple of hours getting everything modded and set up the way I like it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey i downloaded the firmwares from rapidshare bcuz im on a pc but they are labled prt 1 and prt 2 but when i downloaded them they were already in ipsw format how do i join the two of them ?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

My carrier logo is fine. Jailbroken late last night. Everything seems to be working.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tech iPhone View Post
    Windows users, Check this out
    Nice spam job
    Last edited by cpjr; 09-16-2009 at 06:30 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Maybe a dumb question, but I want to get a 2G for my Dad and I'm wondering if the jailbreak and unlock will allow MMS by default? I'm almost positive his AT&T account has it on there I was just wondering if it'll work straightaway.