+ Reply
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ HOW TO ] Jailbreak Using Pwnage Tool on 3.1 for Mac

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Well, after 3 attempts of trying to end up with a stable version of 3.1 I've decided to go back to 3.0. As has been mentioned Winterboard does work yet,
    Thanks

Well, after 3 attempts of trying to end up with a stable version of 3.1 I've decided to go back to 3.0.

As has been mentioned Winterboard does work yet, cycorder doesn't either - why these are included in the Pawnage Tool up-date if they aren't 3.1 compatible yet I don't know.

Give it a few weeks and I'm sure 3.1 (or 3.1.1 by then) will offer me more of the stuff I want, but at the moment it's too early days for it all to work.

Thanks

Because AT&T announced that they're releasing MMS in a "software update".
    I think they just chose bad wording..

Quote Originally Posted by iGuy View Post
    Well, after 3 attempts of trying to end up with a stable version of 3.1 I've decided to go back to 3.0.

As has been mentioned Winterboard does work yet, cycorder doesn't either - why these are included in the Pawnage Tool up-date if they aren't 3.1 compatible yet I don't know.

Give it a few weeks and I'm sure 3.1 (or 3.1.1 by then) will offer me more of the stuff I want, but at the moment it's too early days for it all to work.
    Cycorder works fine...
    The only problem I'm having with 3.1 so far is battery.
    Last edited by angiepangie; 09-16-2009 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

Melech518 - good post. You might like to change AT&T in step 9 to 'an authorised carrier' or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Let it be....thou shall post modified ipsw's without retribution......

This is my word and as such....is above questioning.
    That is not the view of the Dev Team.

While it is legal to create the tools and to modify the files for your own use there is an argument that distributing custom FW is illegal.

Custom FW is not allowed to be posted on the Dev Team blog as they need to be certain that Apple can't touch them.

It is more likely Apple would just ask MMi to remove offending files (if they do anything) but if they did launch legal action it could be expensive, you might not win and the posters could potentially be prosecuted.

Creating custom FW is legal for your own use, there is some doubt as to the legality of distributing it.

If MMi are happy then it is not for me to query. But I would hate to see MMi get in to trouble. Hopefully it won't come to that.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

OP has been edited
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

Thanks.

For some reason in step 11 your password is starred out - can you edit that as well please?

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

LOL. Back then I knew.. nothing.
    I just remember Musclenerd asked me to kill any links to the ipsw files in the comments.. so that's what I did.
    I've learned so much since then..
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

Sure, but I will have to take back those 5.5 points I awarded you...

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Sure, but I will have to take back those 5.5 points I awarded you...
    No, No - anything but that!

Banned
    Thanks

I got problems.
    I followed it except when it finished creating the firmware I transferred it to the windows PC where I sync my iphone with.
    I restored and it worked.

I wanted to set up cydia apps before syncing with itunes but cydia says I have everything installed and no repos.

I'm syncing with itunes now which is taking a LOT longer than usual.

When that finally finishes in a few hours I will read the replies here then see what the phone will do then.

Hopefully its just in need of a reboot but its rebooted twice since installing the cfw and still having cydia problems...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I got problems.
    I followed it except when it finished creating the firmware I transferred it to the windows PC where I sync my iphone with.
    I restored and it worked.

I wanted to set up cydia apps before syncing with itunes but cydia says I have everything installed and no repos.

I'm syncing with itunes now which is taking a LOT longer than usual.

When that finally finishes in a few hours I will read the replies here then see what the phone will do then.

Hopefully its just in need of a reboot but its rebooted twice since installing the cfw and still having cydia problems...
    Come to think of it... I didn't have any sources either at first. Then I added the Ultrasn0w source and all the sources just magically appeared

And the sync is taking longer than usual because it has to sync ALL your information back...
    Last edited by angiepangie; 09-16-2009 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I restored from a backup made in 3.0 with no problems, but it does seem to take forever the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post

Come to think of it... I didn't have any sources either at first. Then I added the Ultrasn0w source and all the sources just magically appeared
    I don't think I actually looked - went in to cydia did all updates then added US repo and all was fine.
    Last edited by confucious; 09-16-2009 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Same here.. except it took me two restores (AFTER SYNCING THE FIRST TIME!)

I only looked when I was adding my US repo... Almost forgot about it.. and then once I installed it all the sources were just.. there.

Thanks

I did notice that the 3G I made this guide on was running as slow as a snail on lidocaine after the jailbreak....but most, not all of the repos were there when first opening cydia. Would you believe this 3G tester still has a 2.28 baseband

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow That was fast.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post

And the sync is taking longer than usual because it has to sync ALL your information back...
    That's weird as the only repo I had was ultrasn0w...

With 3.0 and 3.01 it took about 30 mins to restore all the apps etc back on. This time it took 30 mins before it even started the apps. It was "backing up iphone" for 30 mins... WTF? backing up what? It's just been restored, I thought it was empty???

Thanks

Are you sure it wasn't restoring from backup?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

great work Dev-Team keep up the good work you guys/girls are elite the 3g users will be happy now. Im waiting for the 3GS 3.1 jailbreak to get released because I bought my phone with 3.1 already installed on it hopefully soon I'll be able to join the world of a jailbreaker.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Anyone else get a comic of Steve Jobs speaking Russian before you restored your phone in 3.1. Anyone know what it was. I assume it because Steve Jobs is back, but did not read anything about this, so it makes me nervous.

Thanks

The SJ cartoon has been with the pwnage tool since the beginning, nothing to do with his return. If you'd used the "Expert" mode (2nd from the left) you'd have had the option to change this back to the default.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg619 View Post
    great work Dev-Team keep up the good work you guys/girls are elite the 3g users will be happy now. Im waiting for the 3GS 3.1 jailbreak to get released because I bought my phone with 3.1 already installed on it hopefully soon I'll be able to join the world of a jailbreaker.
    Unfortunately there's no girls on the Dev team
    I'm the closest to a female on the Dev Team.. lol.