+ Reply
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 459

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [ HOW TO ] Jailbreak Using Pwnage Tool on 3.1 for Mac

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by danno2022 Never dealt with that before. I know it will be available for everyone on 9/25. How does the updating for that work? thanks If you're with
...
  1. #41
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 13 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by danno2022 View Post
    Never dealt with that before. I know it will be available for everyone on 9/25. How does the updating for that work? thanks
    If you're with ATT, it shows up as an update in iTunes. Otherwise, you can find a custom made one. There used to be a site that allowed you to make a carrier file to enable tethering and MMS, not sure if that still works for 3.0.1 or 3.1

    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    reported by several people that actvatemms2g isn't working with the 3.1 firmware.
    Try a hard reboot holding power and home, if no luck try this.
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

    Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connects and disconnects.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.
    I had the same issue. I just went back down to 3.0.1....but damn my sync-ing has been taking forever and just hanging. Even after restoring as a new phone (not using b/u), deleting all backups, and resetting sync history. It's been a problem for me for me since going to iTunes 9. Downgraded back to 8.2.1. Worked fine for a lil' bit now it's back. Ugh.
    Last edited by flounderasu; 09-15-2009 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to flounderasu For This Useful Post:

    danno2022 (09-16-2009)

  3. #42
    Green Apple danno2022's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by flounderasu View Post
    If you're with ATT, it shows up as an update in iTunes. Otherwise, you can find a custom made one. There used to be a site that allowed you to make a carrier file to enable tethering and MMS, not sure if that still works for 3.0.1 or 3.1
    oh okay, cool, i'll just wait until it comes out officially. thanks for your help.
    iPhone 4 / 4.3.1 / redsn0w

  4. #43
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    149
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by danno2022 View Post
    oh okay, cool, i'll just wait until it comes out officially. thanks for your help.
    MMS works for me perfectly after installing 3.1 today?? The camera icon was there for me. Then again I updated the carrier settings file when I was on 3.0...Then again I'm not sure if that file stays the same even if I upgraded the FW..

  5. #44
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    @airul
    take a long walk off a short pier...
    playful_cyanide just answered iguy's sarcastic hypothetical question for you if you bothered to read. it took me less time to read it than it did you to type that post.

  6. #45
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Is this with Custom logos or original ?

    Quote Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
    A Few Custom FW's For Ya, who those guys without a Mac. Split Into 2 Parts.

    iPhone 2G 768mb Partition Activated-Unlocked:
    Part 1 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Part 2 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

    iPhone 2G 768mb Partition Unactivated-Unlocked:
    Part 1 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Part 2 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

    iPhone 3G 768mb Partition Activated:
    Part 1 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Part 2 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

    iPhone 3G Non-Activated:
    Part 1 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Part 2 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting


    --If I Helped, Please Hit Thanks!--

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to odiyan For This Useful Post:

    mjelic6 (09-21-2009)

  8. #46
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Outter Space
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 114 Times in 75 Posts

    I am in DFU mode now but i get error 1600 when trying to restore with custom firmware 3.1 and i tried to downgrade with redsn0w to 3.0 but got stuck on downloading jailbreak data (prolly cuz i need to do a 3.0 restore with itunes) do i need to downgrade itunes to restore back to 3.0? I dont know what to do stupid ActivateMMS2G!!

    EDIT Ok folks got itunes 9 to restore my iphone without the 1600 error. Just put my iphone into DFU mode and hold option and click restore. Find 3.0 and select. Plan on re-jailbreaking with 3.1 after this and i am NOT installing activatemms2G thats for sure this time. Wheeeew thanks everyone. Will update and let you know how it went.
    Last edited by vantheman169; 09-15-2009 at 11:36 PM.

  9. #47
    What's Jailbreak? highrulez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    U.S, Malaysia
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
    A Few Custom FW's For Ya, who those guys without a Mac. Split Into 2 Parts.

    iPhone 2G 768mb Partition Activated-Unlocked:
    Part 1 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Part 2 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

    iPhone 2G 768mb Partition Unactivated-Unlocked:
    Part 1 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Part 2 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

    iPhone 3G 768mb Partition Activated:
    Part 1 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Part 2 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

    iPhone 3G Non-Activated:
    Part 1 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Part 2 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting


    --If I Helped, Please Hit Thanks!--

    what is mean Partition Activated and Non-Activated?? Is it official unlocked or what??

  10. #48
    The King Melech518's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,704
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by highrulez View Post
    what is mean Partition Activated and Non-Activated?? Is it official unlocked or what??
    He is stating the size of the root partition size. Non-activated means that it will not hacktivate the phone. In other words it means you must have AT&T to use a non activated file. There is no officially unlocked files. You will need to run ultrasn0w after jailbreaking
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

    Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

  11. #49
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 24 Times in 15 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    FW isnt paid for....we highly endorse jailbreaking, we offer everything to do it......we link to Apple firmware files......modified ipsw's are just fine.

    In fact there are several other threads floating around with the same thing for different versions.

    PS- The only firmware's we wont allow are paid iTouch firmwares
    I knew there was nothing wrong with it!! Screw all of you that said it was illegal!

  12. #50
    What's Jailbreak? highrulez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    U.S, Malaysia
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    He is stating the size of the root partition size. Non-activated means that it will not hacktivate the phone. In other words it means you must have AT&T to use a non activated file. There is no officially unlocked files. You will need to run ultrasn0w after jailbreaking
    so im using Iphone 3g..not AT&T...So im suppose using the Activated?

  13. #51
    What's Jailbreak? ElliotCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    So isn't all of this moot? Jailbreak or not, what happens on the 25th when Apple releases the update for MMS to those of us who are indeed on 3.1 but don't have the option enabled? Also, anyone have the current BenM tethering settings? I've checked the site and I have what I thought was most current but it still doesn't allow me to tether.

  14. #52
    The King Melech518's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,704
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by highrulez View Post
    so im using Iphone 3g..not AT&T...So im suppose using the Activated?
    Correct
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

    Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

  15. #53
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    hi iam accidentally upgraded my iphone3gs to 3.1 plzzzzzzz help to jailbreak and unlock software plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz iam suffering from 10 dayssss plzzzzzzzzzzzzz help i have seen one website that is iphoneunlocking.com is it can jailbreak and unlock iphone3gs3.1 plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz replay me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

  16. #54
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 24 Times in 15 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rocky1285 View Post
    hi iam accidentally upgraded my iphone3gs to 3.1 plzzzzzzz help to jailbreak and unlock software plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz iam suffering from 10 dayssss plzzzzzzzzzzzzz help i have seen one website that is iphoneunlocking.com is it can jailbreak and unlock iphone3gs3.1 plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz replay me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    You're SOL, sorry. How do you ACCIDENTALLY upgrade? You have to agree to the terms, let alone download a 250+ MB file! You're going to be suffering a lot more than 10 days my friend.

    P.S. iphoneunlocking.com are a bunch of fake posers.

  17. #55
    The King Melech518's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,704
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

    ^Maybe the only time I agree with you

    The iphoneunlock.com and other websites are SCAMS....they will sell you fake BS software. None of which works. You most likely will never be able to unlock again.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

    Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

  18. #56
    Custom Title angiepangie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Golden State :)
    Posts
    3,844
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 222 Times in 211 Posts

    ^That's not true.. They sell you old versions of RS & PT
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

  19. #57
    The King Melech518's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,704
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

    LOL, they sound like really nice people
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

    Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

  20. #58
    Custom Title angiepangie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Golden State :)
    Posts
    3,844
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 222 Times in 211 Posts

    Wonderful people
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

  21. #59
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 13 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ElliotCross View Post
    So isn't all of this moot? Jailbreak or not, what happens on the 25th when Apple releases the update for MMS to those of us who are indeed on 3.1 but don't have the option enabled? Also, anyone have the current BenM tethering settings? I've checked the site and I have what I thought was most current but it still doesn't allow me to tether.

    Most likely just a carrier update file.

    Could be wrong....3.1.1 maybe...but I'm betting on a carrier update only.

  22. #60
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    c++'n a small village to live in
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    i'm curious, why does everyone think there's going to be a new firmware on the 25th? there's nothing at apple about it. the only thing that happens on the 25th is that at&t officially launch mms, that has nothing to do with apple nor a worldwide release of a new firmware. at&t customers should get a carrier file download message either texted to them or emailed to them but thats about it really. in reality tho, those settings are already active in 3.0 and 3.1 at&t turned everything on last week, mms has been working in most major centers for a bit now.
    shamwow!

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts