Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
09-15-2009, 04:23 PM #1
iPhone OS 3.1 Jailbroken, NOT for iPhone 3GS
Finally, days after the release of OS 3.1, DevTeam has released the essential tools for jailbreaking it! However, The new version of PwnageTool works with iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 1G ONLY which is a sad news for the iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 2G users as well as those who just bought a shiny new iPod Touch 3G...
The iPod Touch 2G users are however luckier than the iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3G ones as the tool for it is almost ready unlike the other two.
Here are some golden rules before you attempt using this new tool!
- GOLDEN RULE: If you are using a 3G iPhone with ultrasn0w and rely on ultrasn0w to obtain cellular service, then you should only upgrade to 3.1 with a PwnageTool created .ipsw. - Stay away from Apple’s direct updates as described here and here please get up to speed on the whole subject by reading the information contained in these posts.
- If you have an original iPhone (1st generation) then 3.1 unlock works with this PwnageTool release. 3G users will need to continue using ultrasn0w with a PwnageTool created .ipsw
- Please read all parts of this post before downloading and using these tools.
- Read items 1, 2 and 3 again and again.
- At the bottom of this post are the bittorrent files for the 3.1 capable version of PwnageTool.
- This app is suitable for the recent 3.1 release.
- This version of PwnageTool will NOT work for the iPhone 3GS.
- PwnageTool WILL work for Original iPhone (1st Generation), Original iPod touch (1st Generation) and the iPhone 3G.
via Dev-Team Blog
Thanks to one1 for the screenie
Last edited by sayam; 09-15-2009 at 05:01 PM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sayam For This Useful Post:
09-15-2009, 04:27 PM #2
YES!!! Here i go
09-15-2009, 04:28 PM #3
in before 90 question from people who didn't read the post
09-15-2009, 04:30 PM #4
I really hope they are able to get the 3GS version out soon, I desperately want the voice control over bluetooth. Thats the only thing I want 3.1 for :P
09-15-2009, 04:30 PM #5
sweet time to upgrade my iphone 3g... while my 3gs waits loliPhone 4S 64GB White 5.1 UL | i7 Hackintosh 3.5 Ghz 32GB/ 2x128GB SSD, 2x1TB HD, 2x3TB HD, 2TB HD 10.7.3
09-15-2009, 04:31 PM #6
How do I know if my phone is on Saurik's servers?
I have Cydia installed and ran all updates.
How can I check if my details are on the server?
09-15-2009, 04:33 PM #7
3.1 with credits shown.
09-15-2009, 04:34 PM #8
wish i had a mac
09-15-2009, 04:35 PM #9
Me so happy! LOL. Downloading PwnageTool as we speak...Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!
09-15-2009, 04:36 PM #10
wait does that mean redsnow 3.1 is coming soon?
09-15-2009, 04:37 PM #11
man... transmission isn't working for me... hasn't started dl pwnagetool yetiPhone 4S 64GB White 5.1 UL | i7 Hackintosh 3.5 Ghz 32GB/ 2x128GB SSD, 2x1TB HD, 2x3TB HD, 2TB HD 10.7.3
09-15-2009, 04:37 PM #12
Is tethering still a option if we update to 3.1 on a 3g via ipcc file?
09-15-2009, 04:37 PM #13
That's great news... too bad I don't have a mac!
Can someone please upload the pwned (hacked) ipsw file for 3G and 2G iphone for OS 3.1?
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by iTzGmOneY; 09-15-2009 at 04:40 PM.
09-15-2009, 04:38 PM #14
09-15-2009, 04:38 PM #15
Arg I almost got happy. No 3GS
09-15-2009, 04:39 PM #16
The Following User Says Thank You to lild7hina For This Useful Post:
09-15-2009, 04:39 PM #17
hey is there any emulators to run .dmg on windows?
09-15-2009, 04:40 PM #18redsn0w for Mac OS X and Windows will follow sometime in the near future, please don’t bug us about it
09-15-2009, 04:40 PM #19
09-15-2009, 04:41 PM #20
no we cant use the old resnow sorry lol man if i had a dl disk rigt now i would install mac os x snow lep on my pc but i dont lol