+ Reply
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 3.1 Jailbroken, NOT for iPhone 3GS

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by alpawa There are some post here about this matter, but I do want to be certain before updating... Can someone clarify it? 1. On iTunes 9 and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alpawa View Post
    There are some post here about this matter, but I do want to be certain before updating... Can someone clarify it?

1. On iTunes 9 and fw 3.1 on a 3G will tethering (USB and bluetooth) work?

Seems to me that besides having the latest fw there is not much reason to update from 3.0.1 to 3.1 and there are some drawbacks, am I right?
    i have seen posts on this thread stating tethering doesnt work and other people say it does. it may just be fluke for those people or they might be doing something different when upgrading

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Icepecks View Post
    Napoleon-There's no clear guide I can see to aid in the installation of this JB. We're not all iphone gurus and know the precise ins and outs of this process. I have read the dev team's blog I understand what needs to be done I'm just not sure how.
    That's fine - I can understand that completely. I'm just up on my soapbox about the folks who would find the answers to their posted questions if they would only read through thread before posting. I mean, how many "When will the 3GS jailbreak be ready?" do we need in one thread?

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

I reinstalled the MMS and Tethering settings from the sinfuliphone repo and my option to Tether is back.

Lovely

Not

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    tried to install winterboard and got the "safe mode cycle". so im uninstalling that until a fix is worked out. anyone have any advice?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Help
    hey guyz i have iPhone 3G[S]FW 3.0 and my phone stucked on apple logo when i downloaded winterboard from cydia and when i do hard reset i wont do anything.i also dont have my ECID "ON FILE".So can i use this method to restore my iPhone 3G[S]?[i mean the Saurik method]
    Last edited by raxishanker; 09-15-2009 at 08:50 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by raxishanker View Post
    hey guyz i have iPhone 3G[S]FW 3.0 and my phone stucked on apple logo when i downloaded winterboard from cydia and when i do hard reset i wont do anything.i also dont have my ECID "ON FILE".So can i use this method to restore my iPhone 3G[S]?
    if you read the GOLDEN RULES in the first post im pretty sure it says this wont work for 3gs

Thanks
    Quick question...
    If i have the 3.1 Custom IPSW that is already jail broken , how do i install it on my iphone using pc, do i just put the phone in dfu mode and update with itunes? thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flybopr View Post
    Quick question...
    If i have the 3.1 Custom IPSW that is already jail broken , how do i install it on my iphone using pc, do i just put the phone in dfu mode and update with itunes? thanks
    not sure as i dont have a pc. but i dont see why that wouldn't work. give it a shot

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flybopr View Post
    Quick question...
    Nope. Just shift-restore.
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Thanks
    does it matter that i am on 3.1 beta 3??

Thanks

I really hope they are able to get the 3GS version out soon, I desperately want the voice control I hope us 3GSers get our JB soon cuz I can't wait to use voice over thru my stereo Bluetooth headset. Thats the only thing I want 3.1 for :P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    can i put my ECID manually to saurik server without using cydia b'coz my iPhone 3G S stuck on Apple logo i have tried every thing and it's not working.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    i still cant get my carrier to come up any tips
    According to Musclenerd's twitter response:

"@MrWalkman yeah that is "normal" for unlocked 3G at 3.1. Not sure why yet..but what's important is the bars are there "

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

3G[S] now please...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gauravs82 View Post
    Jailbreaking itself is illegal : but i'll wait for a windows version
    Do a little research before you blindly say things.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dayloon's Avatar
    Thanks

To all the people asking for a windows version of pwnage tool : You'll be waiting a very very long time. Dev team has never released pwnage tool for windows, it's always been mac only. There used to be a program called winpwn, developed by a 3rd party but he stopped development on that years ago. The only option windows users have is to download a ipsw file which a mac user has kindly generated for you

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dayloon View Post
    [B]The only option windows users have is to download a ipsw file which a mac user has kindly generated for you
    sir,

will you kindly generate one for us.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dayloon View Post
    To all the people asking for a windows version of pwnage tool : You'll be waiting a very very long time. Dev team has never released pwnage tool for windows, it's always been mac only. There used to be a program called winpwn, developed by a 3rd party but he stopped development on that years ago. The only option windows users have is to download a ipsw file which a mac user has kindly generated for you
    Actaually, Dev Team has had redsn0w out for awhile that allows you to PWN on a Windows machine.

redsn0w is an easy to use, multi-platform, multi-device jailbreaking and unlocking tool for the iPhone 2G (original iPhone), the iPhone 3G/3GS and also the iPod touch (first and second generation). It is available for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows. Dev-Team Blog - redsn0w in june

You just have to wait for redsn0w to be updated for 3.1, or find a IPSW on bit torrent...
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

when did pwange tool for iphone3gs 3.1 will release plzzzzzzzzzzzzz replay me i have been waiting for this plzzzzzzzzzzz tell me is i can jailbreak and unlock my iphone3gs 3.1 plzzzzzzzzzzzz tell me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocky1285 View Post
    when did pwange tool for iphone3gs 3.1 will release plzzzzzzzzzzzzz replay me i have been waiting for this plzzzzzzzzzzz tell me is i can jailbreak and unlock my iphone3gs 3.1 plzzzzzzzzzzzz tell me
    You really think anybody here knows with the exception of a mod or two who isn't going to give a date anyways? If dev says they are working on it, then they are working on it. I don't understand why everybody wants 3.1 so bad anyways...voice command over bluetooth? Thats worth losing free tethering? I don't think so....
    Is my girlfriend the only one that gets mad at me because I spend too much time with my iPhone?