+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HOW TO] Downgrade a 3G[S] From 3.1 and Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
aww that sucks =\....well im gonna go ahead and upgrade my 3G..be back later >_
    iPhone? More like MyPhone FURBY8704's Avatar
    Thanks

aww that sucks =\....well im gonna go ahead and upgrade my 3G..be back later >_<

iPHONE 3G FW 4.0 JB & iPHONE 4 4.0 READY TO BE JB=]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well if the 3g jb is out now that mean the 3gs users like myself should be in luck soon ::crosses fingers::

iPhone? More like MyPhone imilad's Avatar
    Thanks

Default HOW TO DOWNGRADE 3.1 to 3.0.1 on iPhone 3GS WORKS 100%!!!!!!
    So the other day my phone completly froooze on me... after 2 hours of trying to fix it without restoring and bawling my eyes out(not really) I know I was entering the valley of UNJAILBRAKABLE iphoning.... yes I had no choice but to upgrade to 3.1...

just less than 24 hours of not being able to stand a iphone with out the JB I took my iphone to the apple store came up with the story that my phone gets hot after 30 min of talk time and automatically restarts with no sign of warning... ( I also stressed how annoying it is when I am on hold with ATT and it does that)

after sticking his magnifying glass into top and bottom of my iphone he replaced my 3gs and I had a iphone back to 3.0.1....

SO easy steps..

1 Take your phone to the apple store
    2 come up with a sad story
    3 be extremely nice!!
    4 hope for a iphone with older software

this is only a temp solution because eventually even the refurbs will come with 3.1 installed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone VaderForce's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Need Help!
    Hi All,

I do not know what program to use to open the file "hosts" on the Windows OS (I have Vista 32 bit) to downgrade to 3.0. Any help is much appreciated.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you for the great info !!!! I have done the stupid thing and upgraded my 3GS to 3.1 on my Snow Leopard without first consulting the forums . What a Dummy ! I have tried to use the "Bypassing The Overlords"method but it is saying permission not granted. Maybe I'm trying to input this info in the wrong location ? I'm going to SSH etc/host, then info, then trying to type this info in 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by medic56 View Post
    Thank you for the great info !!!! I have done the stupid thing and upgraded my 3GS to 3.1 on my Snow Leopard without first consulting the forums . What a Dummy ! I have tried to use the "Bypassing The Overlords"method but it is saying permission not granted. Maybe I'm trying to input this info in the wrong location ? I'm going to SSH etc/host, then info, then trying to type this info in 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com.
    I believe it was use terminal sudo pico etc/hosts then add the info at the bottom then ctrl-x then hit enter. I can't remember on what page it was on here. Don't forget the "s" at the end. I did that first and saw a blank host file. There should be stuff in the file when you open it already.

Update found the post, be sure to than him:

Quote Originally Posted by remf View Post
    For OS X:

1) Open Terminal
    2) sudo pico /etc/hosts
    3) Paste 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com at the end of the text
    4) Ctrl-x to Exit

For Vista:

1) Browse to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories
    2) Right click "Notepad" and select "Run as administrator"
    3) Click "Continue" on the UAC prompt
    4) Click File -> Open
    5) Browse to "C:WindowsSystem32Driversetc"
    6) Change the file filter drop down box from "Text Documents (*.txt)" to "All Files (*.*)"
    7) Select "hosts" and click "Open"
    8) Paste 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com at the end of the text
    9) Save & Exit

Green Apple
    Thanks

after jailbreak software comes to iphone3gs 3.1 and after jaibreaking iphone3gs 3.1 can i use any sim in my mobile

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks Saurik for the updates

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default is this the ECID or iBSS file ?
    i have saved a file using usbview and purplera1nyday
    is this the ECID or iBSS file
    how can i use it
    and can i downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0 using this file ?
    to be informed i didn't press that link in cydia
    i hope anyone can help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

nice write up.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I don't suppose the beta seeds of 3.0 had any special activation characteristics that would make it easier to get into and make work, eh?
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Okay now I'm getting confussed here. I have 3GS fw3.0.1 jb. Recently on Cydia I agreed to make my life easier from the Cydia prompt. The next day I have a green message at the top of the screen saying "This device has a 3.1 ECID SHSH on file." Does this mean I can restore my phone to fw3.0 through Cydia's address if I run into a problem?I've never had fw3.1 on my phone, so just want to understand what that means before I go ahead and restore my 3.0.1 fw to 3.0 via Cydia's(phone is acting goofy here and there, I think because of 'bosspaper').

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HitNWakes View Post
    Okay now I'm getting confussed here. I have 3GS fw3.0.1 jb. Recently on Cydia I agreed to make my life easier from the Cydia prompt. The next day I have a green message at the top of the screen saying "This device has a 3.1 ECID SHSH on file." Does this mean I can restore my phone to fw3.0 through Cydia's address if I run into a problem?I've never had fw3.1 on my phone, so just want to understand what that means before I go ahead and restore my 3.0.1 fw to 3.0 via Cydia's(phone is acting goofy here and there, I think because of 'bosspaper').
    That's weird, my 3Gs is on 3.0 also and has never been updated to 3.1 either but when I look at Cydia mine says "This device has a 3.0 ECID SHSH on file" so I don't know why Cydia is saying 3.1 for you but I hope you figure it out. Good luck!
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Green Apple
    Thanks

iphone3gs 3.1 jailbreak tools will come or not when it will come plzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me anyone or tell me can i downgrade it to 3.0 after that can i downgrade baseband tell about this plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me

Thanks

If you have a 3G or 3Gs you can't downgrade your baseband! Once it's upgraded your baseband that's it! That's why everybody has stated over and over that if you need you're iPhone unlocked to get service DO NOT upgrade until the Dev Team has released software to do so. It doesn't matter if you're iPhone is jailbroken or not you can't downgrade you're baseband sorry.

Saurik confirms once you update to 3.1, there's no way to downgrade to an earlier version as iTunes no longer signs the older firmware. Therefore, if you do not have your ECID information saved, you're completely stuck! For those who have the information saved, there should be a solution out soon. UPDATE: 3.1 can now be downgraded to 3.0 but remember, the baseband is not downgraded along with the firmware, so you might still be permanently locked even though you can now jailbreak 3.1 in future.
    The new firmware also includes a new baseband which means none of the current unlocking tools will work. Therefore, if you upgrade an iPhone 3G with bootloader newer than 5.8 or an iPhone 3GS, there are chances that your device might get permanently locked.

Verdict: If you EVER want to jailbreak and unlock your iPhone 3G / iPhone 3GS again, DO NOT UPDATE YET!
    Of course there is now a way to downgrade you're FIRMWARE but you're baseband will rename the same.
    Last edited by A_DuB187; 09-22-2009 at 12:49 AM.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default heads up
    I just wanted to let you all know I just got the ECID SHSH page by going into Cydia and doing a "complete upgrade" in the "changes" section. Maybe someone else can try the same thing and see if it works for them too?
    I AM NOT USING WINDOWS!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

greetings all

when the JB for the 3Gs 3.1 is released will it be announced in here or should i be reading somewere else

regards
    rod

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrrippey's Avatar
    Thanks

Guys (and gals) if you are currently a iPhone 3gs and jb, saurik has cataloged your 3.1 ECID. What this means is once jb comes out for 3.1 or you ever need to restore to 3.1 you can. Apple is not signing previous firmware so saurik is for us now.

This is the best place to find out when 3.1 for 3gs is done. Devteam and saurik are all over this. Give them their props / donations and be patient. I am sure they got jobs too.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just a quickie, I have an iphone 3gs it was jailbroken but not unlocked (I dont need it unlocked) so if I was to upgrade ( I am not doing ) there would be no prob anyway as the upgrade only stops unlocking but does not stop Jailbreaking.

Thanks

AS of now you still CANNOT jailbreak 3.1 on 3G[S]. I hope it comes soon though, I really need to do a restore on my phone & do not want to loose my jb. I'm checking this page and following Saurik on twitter a few times a day.. Its gunna happen, just can't believe it hasn't happened yet. This FW must be pretty rough for 3G[S].