+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Back to BlackBerry? Turncoats Upsetting iPhone Users

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by NArush I am now a reverse switcher - I switched from a BlackBerry to an iPhone about six months ago, and now am switching back again. Why?
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NArush View Post
    Quote:
    I am now a reverse switcher - I switched from a BlackBerry to an iPhone about six months ago, and now am switching back again. Why? Basically it comes down to the fact that the iPhone is really good at the stuff I do 10% of the time, but pretty poor at the stuff I do 90% of the time.

Hmm.... I wonder what they were doing 90% of the time? I do pretty much everything with ease with the iphone. My only gripe; the battery. I had a couple blackberry's and they were so so. Without JB'ing though, I might still have one.
    My only gripe is Apple. They're really pissing me off with the 3GS after this whole 3.1 update.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spiderguy84 View Post
    Nice spelling for someone with such a dignified job title...maybe he used a Blackberry to type this but they keys are so tiny and squished together that he hit an extra letter...
    If spelling was in any way related to a persons job, then I'm positive George Bush wouldn't have been President. People make mistakes regardless of their job title genius. You made one above replying to his, thus making yourself look like a jackass. Good work.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ronfin44 For This Useful Post:

Napoleon_PhoneApart (09-14-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iCeDmAn View Post
    3. BBM, this messaging platform is HUGE lately, and it leaves many people feel like they are missing out when once having it. I know to those of us who never had it, the feature seems no different from texting or using AIM, but every BB owner I know swears it is and is very attached to the feature.
    I would love to see a way for iPhone users to get in touch with people on BBM, I think you would see less people switching back to BB.

ugh i wish iphone had something similar, either their own iphone messenger or one that worked with bbm. if you had bbm and now you dont you miss it. That is probably the only thing i miss from my BB.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post

Also, Apple's recent tendency to blame the customer first and solve the problem later (3GS overheating being an obvious example) is another major peeve.
    that was debunked FYI... Apple investigated and found no reports other than the "discolored" white phone...which was due to a moron's cheap 3rd party case, not heat.
    Really?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I went from the iPhone to the BB Bold and back to the iPhone....

but I think I'm going to give that Nokia N900 a shot.

Thanks

I don't care much for he iPhone. Apple keeps milking us for better hardware since the beggining and doesn't ever come in on its promises.

I haven't ever owned a different "smart" phone. And know that this phone was not meant to be the end-all be-all of "smart" phones, but a leg in that direction. And Apple has certainly proved that with new iPhone hardware each year! That does not impress me at all....

I will most certainly be on the look out for any new "smart" phone that does not try to milk the sh!t out of you every time they promise something new. Especially one that I don't have to Jailbreak to get standard features. And if the new phone does not come with a iPod, I will buy one!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jayson9 View Post
    I don't care much for he iPhone. Apple keeps milking us for better hardware since the beggining and doesn't ever come in on its promises.

I haven't ever owned a different "smart" phone. And know that this phone was not meant to be the end-all be-all of "smart" phones, but a leg in that direction. And Apple has certainly proved that with new iPhone hardware each year! That does not impress me at all....

I will most certainly be on the look out for any new "smart" phone that does not try to milk the sh!t out of you every time they promise something new. Especially one that I don't have to Jailbreak to get standard features. And if the new phone does not come with a iPod, I will buy one!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhTtsZATwBQ&feature=related]YouTube - Nokia N900[/ame]

Thanks

I don't understand why most of you think a virtual qwerty keyboard is hard to type with. Ever since I got my first 2g iPhone I fell in love with that keyboard, hell I can't even type half as fast on a hardware keyboard. I can d@mn near type as fast as I can on a PC's keyboard with my iPhone! I mean it takes less time to lightly touch the screen then it does to actually press in a key.

I guess thats just my opinion but I find typing to be easy and extremely fast on my iPhone's virtual keyboard. I don't think I could ever go back to a hardware keyboard.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tavella View Post
    I see you view. How am I as a regular owner to know that I need to buy an app to add the functionality? I needed this just to get push notifications? Sure Palringo is out there but I don't think it's as nice of an app.

Three more small issues and I'm done..

1. A2DP bluetooth headsets always have the audio routed through them. If you get an email, call, sms, IM, etc. I cannot tell you how many phone calls I have missed by taking off my headset or forgetting to turn it off.

2. Why couldn't a small LED be installed on the front of this phone to let you know you missed a call, have a voicemail, email, MMS, SMS, email, etc? I'm sure it's the same reason I cannot get a quazi flash on the back of the device.

3. Its really annoying when you're listening to Slacker/Pandora (Not jailbroken, nor sure you have to IMO), go to respond to a SMS/email/whatever and then Pandora/Slacker close. I don't want to buy all of my music when I can listen to it by subscribing to Slacker. The only way Slacker was approved by Apple is because it doesn't cache the radio stations on the device. The same way Rhapsody was approved, and you cannot download MP3s from Amazon.com's digital store directly on the device.
    Your phone never rang when you took off your headset? I could've sworn when the iPhone rings it rings through both the headset and phone itself. I could be wrong..i don't use mine too often. I can't argue with you on that pandora closing when having to text i have the same issue when using tuner and wanting to browse the web. However these applications are not given "multitask" because it would wear out the memory on the phone.

If you think about it..how many applications does the average iphone user have on their phone? if EVERY application on their phone would run in the background the iPhone would be continuously slow and crash ALL of the time. Multitask is given to only the default apps such as mail, sms, ipod, and safari. I love the performance of the phone especially the 3GS. In order for apple to allow such a thing they would have to create a seperate utility that exits all programs or frees up memory..which would be nice but then might as well be a WM device.. which is what they are leaning away from.

As for the LED displaying what you have..ehh.. when you press the home button it does display that you have either sms, voicemail, or missed call just not the mail. If you can look at your led to see if you have missed calls etc..then you can look at your iphone to press 1 button to see if you've missed anything..it's not hard. The mail..well you win lol i don't know what to say about that....slide to unlock?

Quote Originally Posted by A_DuB187 View Post
    I don't understand why most of you think a virtual qwerty keyboard is hard to type with. Ever since I got my first 2g iPhone I fell in love with that keyboard, hell I can't even type half as fast on a hardware keyboard. I can d@mn near type as fast as I can on a PC's keyboard with my iPhone! I mean it takes less time to lightly touch the screen then it does to actually press in a key.

I guess thats just my opinion but I find typing to be easy and extremely fast on my iPhone's virtual keyboard. I don't think I could ever go back to a hardware keyboard.
    Yeah since day 1 of owning my 2g iPhone i typed like a pro. I came from a weak sidekick lx. And i'm actually slower to type on a physical keyboard. the virtual keyboard on the iphone is the best around IMO.
    Last edited by hollow0; 09-14-2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Who cares!! How this garbage worth posting a story about? Blackberry will be of the past soon. It's like talking with a brick on the side of your face.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A_DuB187 View Post

I agree. Ever since I got an iPhone back in 2007. I've gotten used to using the touch screen & I can type way faster than if I was using a keyboard with keys. I've gotten to the point where I can txt without even looking at the screen and be correct. I do agree the iPhone isn't for everyone. Personal preference. The world would be boring if everybody had the same
    thing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Type. I thought the article made that very clear. And I heartily agree. Even in landscape mode, using both thumbs it's hard to type fast.

There is no tactile-confirmation. On the iPhone you finger must float over the button, tap and release quickly. On a physical keyboard one has the ability to feel the key, confirm its presence under one's finger, and THEN press. This makes a physical keyboard far less susceptible to errors. There was a touchscreen with touch-confirmation (BB Storm?), and I was really excited about what that would mean for productivity. But then a dissection of the device was revealed and it's just a big button behind the screen. Dammit, I was hoping there were an array of sensors/ servos or something that gave one the sensation of a button. My daydreams were shattered.

Sometimes it strikes me in the strangest of times: I'll be sitting there playing with my iTouch and I'll suddenly snap out of my drooling over the screen and responsiveness of the hardware and my years of schooling as an industrial designer kick it. It's at these times I realize that a touch interface is extremely limited. I have to input ALL of my information with the very tip of my fingers. Sometimes I can use one of my large thumbs to scroll a screen or press an overly-large button, but most of the time I'm holding the device with one hand and using only one finger.

The iPhone/ iTouch is amazing. It's incredible. It's one of those revolutionary devices that everyone should at least try for a couple months before they judge, and afterward hold it as a standard of quality. But it's also just a glorified toy. The minimalist touch interface is fast and intuitive when it comes to certain applications, but typing will never, ever be fast and intuitive on a touch interface (rest assured companies are working to perfect tactile-touch screens -- the Holy of Holies).

It seems that some of you don't understand how important a physical keyboard is. It's EXTREMELY important, and it's more than enough reason NOT to use an iPhone as a business device. Those that marginalize such an important feature are either buying into some form of marketing propaganda, or simply don't understand basic ergonomics and human factors.
    Um, no. I don't have a problem with people preferring another phone over the iPhone (hell, there's been times I've thought about selling mine and getting something else), but this is just plain wrong. How fast can you type on an actual keyboard at a computer? Keyboards are not "extremely" important. It's nice to have tactile feedback, but it isn't necessary. My friend and I can easily type fast, error free messages on our phones using both hands (in landscape or portrait mode), and I know a LOT of other people can, too.

Just because you can't type on a touch screen doesn't mean anything with a touch screen sucks.

Matt
    WHITE 32GB Verizon iPhone 4 - 6.0.1
    Dual 1.2 Ghz G4, OS X 10.4.11
    2.2 Ghz MacBook, OS X 10.7.5
    69 Nova
    71 Duster

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkoNova For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (09-14-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Bb boring
    I'm sorry but coming from a blackberry pearl, curve, as well as a the bold. Blackberry is VERY VERY boring. And if you are saying you use the iPhone's capabilities 10% of the time and the 90% is worthless. Might as well go back to flip phones. iPhone has everything Blackberry has PLUS WAY MORE. There are major companies supporting iPhone. The iPhone has also opened up way more computer programming jobs, as all if not most of the developers are focusing in on the iphone. Blackberry may have some extra features.. which iPhone is planning on getting REALLY soon, I'm sure you've heard. After we get those features, which should be all of em by the end of this year. What will the BB have? NOTHING. Oh im sorry except your "Keyboard" LOL! Oh whoops, forgot to add. GL on the blackberry app store. Since you do think you will be saving money.
    Last edited by shanky99o; 09-14-2009 at 12:44 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2Jaze View Post
    I went from the iPhone to the BB Bold and back to the iPhone....

but I think I'm going to give that Nokia N900 a shot.
    ================================================== =================
    I hear that. I cant wait for the Nokia N900. Maemo looks sick!! On a phone atleast.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    If spelling was in any way related to a persons job, then I'm positive George Bush wouldn't have been President. People make mistakes regardless of their job title genius. You made one above replying to his, thus making yourself look like a jackass. Good work.
    Your reply made my day. Thank you!

Thanks

iLike my iPhone.
    EDM

Thanks

i agree with a few of the responses.

without jailbreak, they really don't know what they are missing, and that is a huge reason people are ditching the iphone.
    they are too scared to jailbreak.

i too feel like, "screw em, let em have their blackberries!"
    more iphones for me!
    so what if they need an "actual" keyboard, just shows how unwilling they are to change.
    as dude above me said, i can type plenty fast with my iphone and i don't even use auto-correct and still spell correctly every time!
    to each their own, so don't bash something just because you don't like it.
    Last edited by tattoojack; 09-14-2009 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks
    Typing on a phone shouldn't be the major reason to switch back to the blackberry... Getting to know the iPhone and how to type comes fast. Or maybe that's just me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

@e10100..

That is the gayest looking spiderman i've ever seen lol

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I have no problem typing. At all. By the way some of you people speak of the touch screen, I must have godly powers or something.