+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Apple to Remain Exclusive to AT&T

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I don't really care to be paying the prices of big red or blue, I would much rather see it on T-Mobile or Sprint.
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    I don't really care to be paying the prices of big red or blue, I would much rather see it on T-Mobile or Sprint.

Thanks

same here.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

i love AT&T here in sunny diego works great 3G...but i dont like there plan prices..thats why im on the lowest plan. i dont really care what service as long its cheap than AT&T...i love my iphone 3GS as long i get service and not stuck on wifi sniffing im good with that..
    Last edited by pacmac; 09-13-2009 at 07:34 PM.
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Woo! More BS to argue about...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ty22 View Post
    I just cant see apple and verizon compromising. Verizon insists on having their crappy bloatware on all their phones and apple is not the type of company to ever let that happen. Not to mention they would have to go to the trouble of building a CDMA version. Watch this video I found. I know its 10 min. but bare with it guys.

YouTube - iPhone on Verizon? I doubt it
    Verizon doesn't include their OS on any smartphones. Just their dumbphones and most of their "enhanced multimedia" handsets.

Lovely

Not

Green Apple
    Thanks

Verizon can suck a big one.
    I personally have tmobile but I hope apple only stays with AT&T. I would not be digging everyone with an iPhone.

I feel like the iPhone on verizon won't happen.
    And the iPhone on sprint would be as useless as the stocks or contacts app on the iPhone lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lukasss For This Useful Post:

Channan (09-14-2009)

Thanks

iPhone on Sprint & Verizon will not happen.
    T-mobile just can't handle the iPhone...
    AT&T is the only practical solution ...
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

Well, If you think Apple will not renew with ATT then your dreaming. I guess we will continue to forever jailbreak/unlock to use on tmobile and loyal att will stay loyal and pay high prices and always check here for jailbreak. Tmobile always shuts down our internet for 3 days every 5-6 months and then turns it back on for the 9.99 plan just check the boards here. We always get scared when there is no unlock/jailbreak when fw is release or new itunes the boards are starting to mirror themselves. My loyalty is with the iphone and modmyi!

Thanks

^History does repeat

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

I just want to see in 2010 Att and apple signing a contract for job security lol
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The only reason I'd like to see Verizon get the iPhone is so AT&T's network would get a little better. I'm very happy with AT&T and their customer service ( shocking, isn't it?) and have no intention of switching to Verizon if and when they get it.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Messany
    Well Messany...I would have to disagree...See know one really knew how the iPhone was gonna take off like it did...I mean maybe us apple fanboy types did but know one could have predicted the explosion that this device was gonna be especially on the data side...now 3 things...1-I'm sure since u me and everyone else that has a iPhone got one how much less do u use your iPhone as a actual phone...think back to the phone u had befor you got your iPhone i'm sure u used that phone for actual phone calls...atleast 50% more for making calls than u do know,,,and really me included since i've owned my iPhone which was the 1st gen 3 days after it was released my actual calling people is down atleast 75%....so that is a huge diffrence to the way we use our devices and 2- Since that data explosion at&t has tried very hard to keep up with all that data traffic moving on there network...no one stops to think which bugs me that 'Oh i have a blackberry on verizon or sprint and my data speeds this and my coverage that...but if verizon had 30 million iPhones clogging there data pipe line everyday 24hrs a day are we really to believe that verizon wouldnt be bogged down just the same..(And they are working off a dead end tech system cdma) that is a complete dead end until they switch to LTE or whatever that new system that is gonna replace cdma...and that brings me to #3...why would or even how could verizon do a cdma build up to handle the extra bandwith when they seem to have trouble just starting to set up the new LTE system that there gonna swith to...so why would they spend 10's of millions to build out an old infystructue just to handle 1 phone in there product lineUp...it wouldn't make any sense...and sprint definitly wouldn't have the money or the resources to build out there infystructue to handle something like this...i mean the pre' is cool...and i'm sure it is used as the same kind of data centric phone style as the iPhone but the amount sold to date doesn't come even close to putting the strain and load that 30 million iPhones put on at&t...so i think people need to stop and think before they say oh if only verizon had this or apple did that with them cause to me there is way more going on then just changing the hsdpa chip inside a iphone to a cdma chip putting a verizon name across the top and saying now i have a iphone that works like i want it to....to me and my opinion i think at&t has done a commendable job with the iphone giving the explosion and monster this thing has become and continues to try to show that it is commited to investing and building out it's compacity to host this device..it may not be as fast as all of us like...(me included we all get impatient)...but if we step back a minute and think of the inner workings and the mechanics of the iphone/At&t setup as a whole i think that givin time and a little patience we will all be much better with at&t since a relationship and network pipeline has already been cemented in the foundation that they have laid over the last 3 years...I think if any deal with verizon is to be had it will be with a diffrent product maybe a tablet where only select people and real apple fanboys will be flocking to get it..and a device like that wouldn't strain verizon's network and would give them a chance to slowly build into a relationship with apple...both technically and corporately...thanks for hearing my view....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmybino For This Useful Post:

reanimationxp (09-21-2009)

Thanks

^ Have you ever heard of paragraphs?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    ^Wow you have a big sig..
    I know.... been meaning to fix it.

Thanks

^^^apple may choose tmobile since every rumor is just the opposite serously a camerA in an iPod nano??
    Last edited by mikerlx; 09-14-2009 at 11:30 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Im glad to see it on ATT and only on ATT.

Apples move will push ATT to expand their data network faster than Verizon and like it said will have higher speed access in more places sooner.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont' have much issues with AT&T. The coverage here in Tampa is quite good. As for data plans being too expensive..no other carrier will offer it for less. They'll charge you high prices just like AT&T. I prefer a GSM model iPhone because i travel to canada often and all i have to do is buy and international SIM card and i can use it without worrying about AT&Ts roaming charges..i won't be able to do that with a CDMA based iPhone. Unless Verizon allows you to continue using a SIM card to access their network like the blackberry storm does.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 838 Posts

I don't understand why some people would be AGAINST Apple expanding into new territories/ carriers. More iPhones sold = more competition = innovation. We WANT competition, people.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess T-Mobile's and Sprints data/voice/messaging pricing is top secret. What is all this nonsense about every carrier charging the same? Helllo.. AT&T is the only carrier with enough balls to charge as much as Verizon.

Lovely

Not

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Duh
    Quote Originally Posted by ty22 View Post
    Not to mention they would have to go to the trouble of building a CDMA version. [/url]
    Maybe someone hasn't been reading about whats happening in China..........