+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Apple to Remain Exclusive to AT&T

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Honestly, the iPhone is the ONLY reason I'm still with at&t. Their service sucks, I get at least two dropped calls a day for no apparent reason, and the data
    oo3
    Thanks

Honestly, the iPhone is the ONLY reason I'm still with at&t. Their service sucks, I get at least two dropped calls a day for no apparent reason, and the data seems really slow around my area.

If the iPhone does indeed go to Verizon, I would jump ship in a heartbeat, then cry about the plan pricing later...

I wonder what would happen once LTE is deployed for both companies.

Banned
    Thanks
    Well ill be happy if apple stays with att...i love att...i went to a cruise and my att was the only phone with coverage so i just love it..my coverage is always gooddd

Thanks
    Hi all,
    I'm pretty new to the whole iphone thing. I have had tmobile,verizon and sprint over the years. I would have to say T-mobile was the best in price's and phones were so so covrage sad to i lost it all the time. verizon and sprint really sucked. When i had verizon they always sayed they had the best coverage. Hands down i think so too. We could go to the moon and get covrage with them but there prices and billing suck a**. Had sprint they just sucked all the way around 4G what a joke. I'm very happy with the iphone. There is nothing out there that can even touch this phone. the pricing sucks for sure (AT&T) but thats the price you gotta pay to have the best cell phone ever.
    Last edited by nwcorey; 09-13-2009 at 03:57 PM.

Thanks

i switched to att from verizon and would gladly go back. from apples standpoint they would make more money easily by allowing verizon to have it. and actually for loyal att fans this should be good news as well because it will allow competion from both carriers to get customers on their network. thus driving down prices. so it shouldn't be thought of as att is better or verizon is better it should be thought of as you can stay with whatever carrier you prefer and it may become cheaper to anyone on either network

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It would seem odd to stay with AT&T considering the very obvious insults that Apple were saying at the 3.0 unveil. They were really insulting them, and for multibillion dollar corporations it doesn't seem right to bash your partner in such a open environment. If the iPhone were to go completely unchanged, meaning the radio freak only everything else exactly the same, I would switch to any other carrier immediately. Unless I get laid off again and have to move. But for now I'll tough it out with AT&T. Signal and a few dropped calls aside, I quite like them. If only I still lived in Atlanta.

Thanks

^^^ matiofatio,

You're absolutely right and that shoul be the outcome. I hope Verizon and TMobile get the iPhone. The more carriers offering the iPhone, the best prices we will get. We need competition. This way the winners will be us the Customers.

Thanks

I really, really shouldn't be surprised when people believe rumours but does this really come as news to anyone?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dchandler's Avatar
    Thanks

This Is Great News, Im glad this is happening
    The Thank you Buttons works great let me see you use it

iPhone? More like MyPhone romeo_herman's Avatar
    Thanks

Hope the AT&T going to bankrupt, so apple will officialy unlock all iPhone.

Thanks

^ Nah - they wouldn't unlock, you'd just end up with phones you couldn't use!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Unless you're like me
    Ultrasn0w works wonderfully.
    Only thing strange is the fact that the carrier doesn't show up anymore..
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

Carrier shows up as 'Carrier 5.0'
    Network shows as 'Not Available'
    Or is it different for you?

Thanks

Yeah same.
    I meant in the top left hand corner.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

Ah! mine shows up as AT&T - but SBSettings could have something to do with that...

Thanks

AT&T?! Wow.. Nothing was there before and after I installed SBSettings.
    It's not there in your screenshot either though..

Don't you love the Custom Boot Logo though? Nice touch MN

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

All I want is for At&T to stop charging me for 3G if they are not going to offer it here where I live... or get me the 3G coverage!

As for At&t I don't really have any other complaints that what was mentioned here..... I would love to see cheaper prices.... LOL but I think we all would!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Really, in order for Apple to have the iphone on another carrier they'd have to change hardware.....and they're not going to do that.

Thanks

^That's not true.
    In order to have it FULLY FUNCTIONAL on another carrier (in the US) they'll have to change the hardware.. but to have it work on another carrier, they can leave it how it is.
    If the dev team can do it, apple can do it

Thanks

I just cant see apple and verizon compromising. Verizon insists on having their crappy bloatware on all their phones and apple is not the type of company to ever let that happen. Not to mention they would have to go to the trouble of building a CDMA version. Watch this video I found. I know its 10 min. but bare with it guys.

YouTube - iPhone on Verizon? I doubt it

Thanks

^Wow you have a big sig..