+ Reply
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 3.1 - All you need to know

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Dhruvmalik, Thanks for your help. Actually I'm having an iphone 3g and not 3gs. Will it make any difference? I mean the GB?? Thanks again.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Dhruvmalik, Thanks for your help.
    Actually I'm having an iphone 3g and not 3gs. Will it make any difference? I mean the GB??

Thanks again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks For Pointing That Out dhruvmalik.
    But The Only Reason i Told Him He Was Okay Was Because He Hadnt Asked me About Jailbreaking Specifically, but just upgrading In general. And I Felt I Had Stressed The Fact Of Not Upgrading At All If you Want To Jailbreak In My lengthy Post (#46)

Either Way Thanks For That Clarification.

-NormanRmrz

Quote Originally Posted by khaledelfeki View Post
    Dhruvmalik, Thanks for your help.
    Actually I'm having an iphone 3g and not 3gs. Will it make any difference? I mean the GB??

Thanks again.
    Yes It Does Make A Difference.
    Since you have An iPhone 3G, You Wont Have To Worry About Half the Things Dhruvmalik Said.
    Just Wait until The Firmware is Jailbroken, And you'll Be good
    Last edited by NormanRmrz; 09-12-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone mastuul's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, every time there's a new release it's as if the same messages are copied and pasted onto every iPhone site. Thank God I learned how to read when I was a small boy. ;-) It's fun to reminisce about the good old days when there was no QuickPwn and jailbreaking/unlocking was a more difficult process.

ATTENTION NEW IPHONE USERS:

READ EVERYTHING YOU CAN BEFORE (yes before) YOU DO ANYTHING!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sayam
    It's been quite a while since Apple released the OS 3.1 for iPhone.
    What? It's been 4 days. No wonder there's so many noobs that update and then ask "WHY???!!", you're so impatient. Not even a week and it's been "quite a while", lmao.

Matt
    WHITE 32GB Verizon iPhone 4 - 6.0.1
    Dual 1.2 Ghz G4, OS X 10.4.11
    2.2 Ghz MacBook, OS X 10.7.5
    69 Nova
    71 Duster

iPhone? More like MyPhone dhruvmalik's Avatar
    Thanks

No Harm No Foul. And once again Norman I didnt mean any disrespect.

@Khaledelfeki, you still should wait a few more days till we just get a better understanding of whats essential for 3.1 JBing. Currently, you should not update, even though you are running a 3G factory unlocked, 3.1 might require additional prerequisites for jailbreaking.

The simplest way to put this, if the Dev Team says go ahead, then do so at your will but if they state over and over again to hold off, then lets hold off as they are the ones who provide us with the utility to JB.

~~And as far as thanking goes, dont mention it. Its our right to help those in need. You can be kind enough to hit that thanks button under my post.

If I Helped. Please Hit Thanks!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dhruvmalik For This Useful Post:

gimpykat (09-14-2009), mazen662 (09-12-2009), Ninja10R (09-19-2009), NormanRmrz (09-12-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
    Uhh. NOO WAIT!!!. If you have a iPhone 3GS Factory Unlocked, Just like the one i ordered a few days ago with 3.0 on it, you are still in a limbo. DO NOT UPDATE to 3.1. Having it Factory Unlocked ony will allow you to use any carrier, not give you the freedom of Jailbreaking. I haven't received my 3GS yet and am stuck as I have not captured my iBSS/iBEC files (Haven't received it yet). Like always, wait till the Dev Team gives the go ahead to update, safely. Now the advantage for us is that we can allow the baseband to update without it locking up on us as we dont need to have the exploit the dev teams uses for carrier locked phones.

I truly hope you didnt update. please wait till others comment on your post before updating. No disrespect to NormanRmrz, but please do not give someone the go ahead without knowing the facts. He can stay unlocked but doesn't necessarily mean be able to JB.

If I Helped. Please Hit Thanks!
    I also purchased a Factory unlocked phone and it should be arriving early next week. So the new jailbreak may only be for 3GS'ers who backed up their iBSS/iBEC files? That would suck because I have purchased quite a bit of Cydia store apps and my 1st gen iPhone has been slowing down due to it. Hopefully this isn't the end of jailbrakes for the 3GS.
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    NormanRmz, and Dhruvmalik. Thank you very much for your assistance.
    Will hold till the dev. team releases a JB solution as per your advice.

Regards,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geo411m View Post
    I also purchased a Factory unlocked phone and it should be arriving early next week. So the new jailbreak may only be for 3GS'ers who backed up their iBSS/iBEC files? That would suck because I have purchased quite a bit of Cydia store apps and my 1st gen iPhone has been slowing down due to it. Hopefully this isn't the end of jailbrakes for the 3GS.
    Hey Geo,

As I stated earlier, its unclear if we will require those iBEC and iBSS files. One thing I did read in this post which was from stealthbravo stating that the new Pwnage Tool 3.1 will not require those files but might for future updates. (Thanks goes to the Man.)

So atleast we are safe for 3.1, But once again once we have received word from the Dev Team and the utility is released.

--If I Helped, Please Hit Thanks!--

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dhruvmalik For This Useful Post:

geo411m (09-12-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
    Hey Geo,

As I stated earlier, its unclear if we will require those iBEC and iBSS files. One thing I did read in this post which was from stealthbravo stating that the new Pwnage Tool 3.1 will not require those files but might for future updates. (Thanks goes to the Man.)

So atleast we are safe for 3.1, But once again once we have received word from the Dev Team and the utility is released.

So if that's true, we may be able to get those files during our updates to 3.1. Either way thanks for the info. I guess we'll just wait and see.
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

man I just can't believe how many lazy people there are in this forum, or people who are clueless to the jailbreak not gailbreak process. the lazy f*ckers should read up before you post redundant questions. i'd say there are only a handful of mmi users with some competant knowledge, and they're not the ones freaking out posting on here. there's plenty of literature out there in the realm of google that'll answer your dumbass questions. how many times do people have to say don't upgrade if you're a 3gs user? how many times do we have to say you can't retrieve the essential files anymore 'cause you can't restore to 3.0 or 3.0.1 with a 3gs. I'm not saying I know it all, but all it took was a little reading, which I recommend most folks on this site do before they ask questions with obvious answers. you shouldn't be jailbreaking your phone if you can't even google a little information. sheeeeesh. I feel better now that I got that off my chest. now on to the UGA game in Athens, ga.

I'm happy to hear the good news about a possible vulnerabilty in 3.1, even tho it doesn't seem that great to even upgrade to, except for mms for AT&T customers.
    Last edited by smuggler; 09-12-2009 at 03:08 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smuggler For This Useful Post:

CrzyBeautiful (09-13-2009), dhruvmalik (09-12-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

#greenpois0n

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geo411m View Post
    So if that's true, we may be able to get those files during our updates to 3.1. Either way thanks for the info. I guess we'll just wait and see.
    I am not sure if 3.1 will allow us to grab those files, everything points to NO so far but theoretically it should work. Pray we get some good news. Due the unfortunate timing of our purchase making decision & spending more for a 'Factory Unlocked" version, we still have to struggle for the iBSS/iBEC file.

Thanks

The files are only needed to enable you to restore an earlier version of the FW. If you have signed 3.0x files you will be able to restore a FW 3.0x FW which will probably be necessary to restore a custom FW with the 3.0 BB in order to use UltraSn0w when pwnage for 3.1 is released.
    That is, of course, assuming they can get pwnage working with 3.1 on the 3GS
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

gimpykat (09-14-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone HarlemState's Avatar
    Thanks

Can you downgrade 3.1 firmware with any old version of itunes?

Thanks

Word on the street is that iH8sn0w has figured out how to get your iBSS and iBEC files. here's the tweet with details: iH8sn0w (iH8sn0w) on Twitter Again, we'll have to wait and see.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to geo411m For This Useful Post:

dhruvmalik (09-12-2009)

Thanks

Thanks Geo, if they have found an exploit to recreate your iBSS/iBEC file then I am sure we should have it available to us soon. Either case we cant do anything until the 3.1 JB is available to us.

Quote Originally Posted by HarlemState View Post
    Can you downgrade 3.1 firmware with any old version of itunes?
    Hi Harlem,

No you cannot downgrade 3.1 at all or known to us till now. Even with an older version of iTunes, you will still run into apple's server's rejecting your installation to 3.0 or 3.0.1.

Last edited by dhruvmalik; 09-12-2009 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

22. The Following User Says Thank You to dhruvmalik For This Useful Post:

HarlemState (10-24-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone clikzip's Avatar
    Thanks

I upgraded to 3.1, then tried to downgrade in iTunes 9, restored but when it came back up with the sync with iTunes on my phone I got an error in iTunes that a problem occured with the restore..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

"if you do not have your ECID information saved"

Hello,

What is ECID information and what do I have to do to save it?

No I will not update.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Heard of these guys
    I came across this saying this company has the 3.1 jailbreak and wanted to see if anyone have heard of them.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 09-12-2009 at 04:51 PM. Reason: no links

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Do not link to those scammers.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast