Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 3.1 - All you need to know

I was not a big jb guy and this being my first iphone jb i was not aware of the iBSS and iBEC files. Now its too late for me to capture those files. On a good note i have the ECID saved... i think. I just grabbed it and put the ECID into a txt file and saved it

well what id the day apple released the firmware my iphone froze and i had to restore it? of course i didnt restore it... i just let it the way it was... it froze because i deleted all the stuff i had directly from the phone itself... but when itunes asked me to update i said no... im not in a bad position here am i? id like to know what you guys think =)

well what if the day apple released the firmware my iphone froze and i had to restore it? of course i didnt restore it... i just let it the way it was... it froze because i deleted all the stuff i had directly from the phone itself... but when itunes asked me to update i said no... im not in a bad position here am i? and what information this article is talking about? when it says that if you have your information and stuff... what is that? id like to know what you guys think =)

how do you get the ibss and things like waht what is that man?
    Last edited by armandoqrt; 09-12-2009 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

the only reason i'd want to upgrade is for that application icon arranging addon on itunes that only works with 3.1 os, unless someone comes up with a program that we can use on windows, I wouldnt want to upgrade at all.. I am very happy with 3.0

apple are a bunch of cock blockers sometimes lol
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

why do people even need to be reminded of this..? sheesh..

Thanks
    Question Am I screwed ?!?!
    Sucks had to restore/ updated to 3.1 on my 3gs ?!?! I have my purplera1nyday file saved from geohot and I did the ecid shsh on cydia but I think that doesn't matter anymore well if anyone can give me some info for 3gs's that updated to 3.1 good or bad ,,,, that would be nice!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ I agree. lol

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

^^^ Because every single day thousands of NEW people buy iPhones and thousands more stumble upon the "jailbreak" and "unlock" concepts.

iPhone? More like MyPhone alpawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheSlimOne View Post
    I agree completely
    As do I...

lost my Jailbrak, in a monent I was speaking with a coworker I saw that my iPhone 3GS was doing the upgrade process which I never choose, maybe iTunes made for me if I did not press the cancel button, damm.

I can live with it, but I also lost the tethering ability

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    hey so i have a iphone 3g and i upgraded to 3.1 does that mean i will nvr be able to jailbreak again and i do not need to unlock or anything i just want to jb

^^ I'm one of those folks...

I've always been a die hard Blackberry user till my friends bought the 3GS and sold me his 3G.

Last week I jailbreaked (jailbroke... term?) and unlocked and I must say that this is the best phone I've ever had the pleasure of using.

But last night for whatever crackhead reason I wanted to start fresh and "upgraded" via itunes (after reading not to three days ago!!!).

The rest is history...

Oh and message to Apple... I do plan on buying another iPhone but not if I can't unlock it. I'm sure thousands of others feel the same.

Great forum you guys/gals have going here btw.

Thanks
    I haven't saved IBSS/IBEC, but i didn't updated to 3.1 so it means coming jailbreak is not for me? no solution at all?????

P.S I have 3G S.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sLevin1fo's Avatar
    F**K YOU, IM FROM TEXAS (So Original, HUH?)
    Thanks

Default Quick Question
    I just bought a 16GB 3GS and Jailbroke it to try it out. I like it. But I was going to exchange it for the 32GB. Now that I can not restore to a 3.0.1 ipsw before returning it. Am I SOL?
    8GB 2G 1.0.2v 3.14.08_G AT&T RIP
    16GB 3G 2.0.2v 2.02.01 AT&T RIP
    8GB 3G 3.0 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.0.1 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.1.3 5.12.01 AT&T RIP
    16GB iPhone4 3.10.01 4.2.1 Fancy iPod

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    I got my iBSS & iBEC the day I got my phone. My sister & brother in law got there iPhone 3GS's yesterday. Is there any way they can get the files off of their phones? They both want to jailbreak. I told them not to update anything yet.
    If they are still on 3.0 or 3.0.1, follow the normal procedure to obtain those files

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sayam For This Useful Post:

Cokeman (09-13-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonefreakify View Post
    I haven't saved IBSS/IBEC, but i didn't updated to 3.1 so it means coming jailbreak is not for me? no solution at all?????

P.S I have 3G S.
    What you can do is get those files NOW. Then, when the jailbreak solution is out, follow the instructions to upgrade and jailbreak and maybe even unlock

Quote Originally Posted by sayam View Post
    What you can do is get those files NOW. Then, when the jailbreak solution is out, follow the instructions to upgrade and jailbreak and maybe even unlock
    how can you do this if you need to restore to get them?!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

You will not need your IBSS/IBEC for the 3.1 jailbreak. You might need them for future firmwares tho. The new tool will be amazing

22. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Chefanim (09-12-2009)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast