+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RockApp Launches 2.0

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Rock app reviews don't seem to post - bigboss repo app reviews post fine however
    iPhone? More like MyPhone silent1643's Avatar
    Thanks

Rock app reviews don't seem to post - bigboss repo app reviews post fine however

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

Blowfish64: Yes - it's a simple line of code to do it - just not sure how to let the user do it. Any suggestions (currently, tapping the repo enables/disables it. We could move that to the edit functionality?)
    Mastuul: The issue is as you mentioned - we restore the sources with the restores - so technically - if u hit the restore 2x (restore and then open and close)- the 2nd time - it'll find the apps it couldn't before with the restored sources and ignore the apps it already installed. A workaround yes - we're looking at fixing it in a coming release.
    Knexlegend: Please click the send log to support when this happens and just type in what happened. Thanks!
    ThePlague: I partially agree with BigBoss - from the perspective of - i wouldn't want to mess up my 3GS right now . But that pretty much applies to anything/everything in the jailbroken community. If your 3GS is happy - i would leave it alone completely. (no installs/uninstalls of anything). But that's me . Also, regarding some other comments - A) We don't install/modify system files any more then Cydia does. B) We don't replace mobilesubstrate. If you decide to uninstall Mobilesubstrate, you can manage things through Rock Extensions (they're the same essentially - with Rock Extensions having some extra code). Anyways- minor points - the jist of the article is beware of doing anything new to your 3GS right now - it's sad Apple's change with the 3GS - they could invest their time in so many other ways that would actually help the iPhone advance - instead they hold it back.
    silent1643: Sorry! It didn't allow reviews at all - and I thought we fixed this (it shows one review - but unfortunately - it's stuck on something. Will get to it early this week.

Thanks all for the great feedback - it seems this was a hit and you can expect more features/functionality/performance tuning, etc from us in the near future ! Feel free to post any requests.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I loaded the Rock app from Cydia tonight. Did the update, and I don't see anything listed in the "What's New" Section. I did the Manage > Settings > Manage Display, and that didn't do anything. I also loaded the Rock Extensions from Cydia. I still don't see anything. Any help?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    The buttons on the bottom... "What's New" is like Cydia's "Changes", then you have Categories (Sections), Search and Manage, just like Cydia.
    None of those let me browse an individual repository. Manage sources only lets me add or delete them, not browse. I'll stick with Cydia until that gets added. Unless I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    [COLOR="Blue"]Blowfish64: Yes - it's a simple line of code to do it - just not sure how to let the user do it. Any suggestions (currently, tapping the repo enables/disables it. We could move that to the edit functionality?)
    I think a simple way to do it would be to simply add the ubiquitous blue arrow button to the right side of the repository. Tapping it would show you the contents of it. Any down sides to that?
    Last edited by Blowfish64; 09-12-2009 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Plotkin35 View Post
    I loaded the Rock app from Cydia tonight. Did the update, and I don't see anything listed in the "What's New" Section. I did the Manage > Settings > Manage Display, and that didn't do anything. I also loaded the Rock Extensions from Cydia. I still don't see anything. Any help?
    I've got the same issue. It was working, but I seem to have lost some stuff which was displayed. And many of the things I do have installed including all the rock apps are saying unknown repo. But my whats new is also totally empty.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks all for the great feedback - it seems this was a hit and you can expect more features/functionality/performance tuning, etc from us in the near future ! Feel free to post any requests.
    psuskeels: Could you please answer my question (see previous post on page 5) about the user entered repo's that does not seem to work like hackulo.us and xsellize?
    Thanks!

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Repo's I manually enter arent showing up (listed in repos, but packages dont show)......so then I tried the "rebuild database" option in settings and now it wont show any packages for any repos

Thanks

I wonder how many people who have stopped using cydia on the 3GS will be moaning when their restore files have not been backed up because they aren't using cydia.

I don't like the way RYP pulled their apps from cydia and force you to install other junk I don't want.

I'll stick with cydia.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Plotkin35 View Post
    same issue but after i restored the db - a dozen or so apps showed back up in the whats new section - i can still view all packages under the all categories section - not a huge deal considering this app is still in beta which most still dont realize

Thanks
    CYDIA all the way for me, RYP has very little to offer, and also installs some junk crap on your phone, that makes your phone crash. I installed it once to test, but my phone kept playing about. When i removed that RYP crap, my phone was fine.

Cydia is the way to go. RYP cant compete with cydia or replace it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

RYP keeps crashing when checking updates. When I restart my phone it will work fine, but after a couple hours if I start RYP it will crash again. Hard-reset is the only way to fix it temporarily.

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

Blowfish:Your request is in the latest RockApp - thanks for the advice and feedback
    Phoneline/CPJR: We had a corrupted APT db for a few hours that day and it was resolved quickly. Thanks for your patience and bug report!
    Simba1: We added additional support in RockApp 2.04 for other direct repos (not a specific repo) but it should support more. If it doesn't, contact the repo owner - they might be looking for a specific UserAgent (and you can request them to include RockAPT I believe)
    Shashed: Sorry to hear it. For every Cydia lover, we get a few dozen emails about how much people love the RockApp and have stopped using Cydia. For each, their own. That's what freedom of choice is about.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Green Apple
    Thanks

[COLOR="Blue"]Blowfish:Your request is in the latest RockApp - thanks for the advice and feedback
    Hey psuskeels,

Looks great except for a couple of problems.
    1)The blue arrow to allow browsing only appears on the default sources. Sources that are manually added or installed via package do not allow browsing still. Additionally, the ultrasn0w repo appears to be the only default one that does not have the blue arrow.
    2)When tapping on a repo to disable/enable it, white bars appear on either side of the list. I get the impression that they're not supposed to be there.

Anyway, if you could make browsing apply to all repos, not just the default ones then it'd be great! It's one of the last things Cydia has over this program in my opinion.

[EDIT} Huh. I just refreshed the database and now the default repos don't show the blue arrow anymore but the installed via package ones and the manual ones do instead! Except when I try to push the button it only toggles enable/disable instead of letting me browse. I also can't browse the defaults anymore either because the button isn't there now. Something is definitely buggy with this version.

[EDIT AGAIN] Ok, don't know what's going on, but I totally reset the phone and now it seems to work with all repos. Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by Blowfish64; 09-17-2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

ok so when we install this we have to add the repos again in this app or it reads them from cydia?

iPhone? More like MyPhone elr0y7's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    ok so when we install this we have to add the repos again in this app or it reads them from cydia?
    It reads the repositories that are already installed on your iphone and loads up a list of the apps and repos you have, pretty clean.

All in all it seems to be a great replacement for Cydia in my opinion. The user interface is way beyond Cydia's and it offer more features and ways to organize apps. The only problem I see with it is the secondary "installed" sources. Some of these sources can't be read by RYP, I'm not sure if it still shows their packages in the updates list, and also the app crashes when trying to sort some installed sources' packages by their release date (possibly because these sources don't record their packages' release dates). Also what does the "Manage Package Display" option change?
    Oh yeah, you can also browse in landscape!
    Last edited by elr0y7; 09-19-2009 at 06:26 AM. Reason: added review
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i had problems with cydia ...iphone 3gs ..error mess..section no header..etc

i used the ROCK..i love it
    way better than cydia.
    i just want to know how to add sources??? i don['t have cydia ..i jailbreak with ICY after had prob with cydia which (ICY) crashed my phone to safe mode when i used with winterboard..so i got the rock from icy NO cydia..now how i can add sources with no cydia in my phone??????????
    Last edited by need_help; 09-23-2009 at 10:15 AM. Reason: letter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by need_help View Post
    i had problems with cydia ...iphone 3gs ..error mess..section no header..etc

i used the ROCK..i love it
    way better than cydia.
    i just want to know how to add sources??? i don['t have cydia ..i jailbreak with ICY after had prob with cydia which (ICY) crashed my phone to safe mode when i used with winterboard..so i got the rock from icy NO cydia..now how i can add sources with no cydia in my phone??????????
    default sources come with the rock app
    to add new sources goto ->manage sources->edit->add
    then enter in whatever you need to add

iPhone? More like MyPhone imagineThiss's Avatar
    Thanks

how can i set the rock app to just read its own sources.. i dont want to affiliate it with my other sources .. ??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imagineThiss View Post
    how can i set the rock app to just read its own sources.. i dont want to affiliate it with my other sources .. ??
    You can go to Manage -> Manage Sources and remove any you don't want.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

love the rockapp but i can't add any cydia sources so ATM i'm sticking with cydia witch really annoys me as rockapp is amazing