Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RockApp Launches 2.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm looks worth trying out at least

Some repos don't seem to work..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I actually tried it out all day today.. its pretty sweet.
    a lot faster than cydia.. only thing is saurik files arent downloadable...
    Best thing about it the app backups !!!

Thanks

Smile I have no complaint
    I was surprised that I liked it!! Downloads faster and removes unwanted apps with a lot more ease. So far no problems.
    LIVE FOR TODAY,
    BECAUSE TOMORROW
    IS NEVER PROMISED"

One strange thing. I updated RockApp last night. Then update the Rock Extensions. Went into Cydia, and Cydia complained thatI had half installed packages (Intelliscreen, Rock App, Rock Extensions, etc.). Cydia wanted to uninstall the packages....

Not sure what this is about, but I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spydertech View Post
    One strange thing. I updated RockApp last night. Then update the Rock Extensions. Went into Cydia, and Cydia complained thatI had half installed packages (Intelliscreen, Rock App, Rock Extensions, etc.). Cydia wanted to uninstall the packages....

Not sure what this is about, but I don't like it.
    send your log file (under rockapp settings) into support along with your issue - i have had no major problems to report
    Last edited by silent1643; 09-11-2009 at 10:13 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have been using the Rock app since 3.0 came out. It's actually pretty good. The only thing that happens every once in a while is the Springboard crashes because of conflict with Mobile Substrate. Hasn't happened on 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by silent1643 View Post
    send your log file (under rockapp settings) into support along with your issue - i have had no major problems to report
    Will do.
    Hmm - "Unable to GZip log file"
    It has been "Attaching Log File" for over a minute. I'll wait a little longer.

Thing is, Rock App isn't telling me the packages are half-installed, Cydia is... And Cydia never complained before I updated Rock App.

Maybe it is time for a restore - luckily, I'm on a 3G, and have not update to 3.1....

thanks!

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

I installed this , it crashed. I restarted and it wanted to reinstall all my apps. I uninstalled it. This may be great eye candy but I'll stick with Cydia. It just works.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Fortunately I never jailbroke. I simply installed the desktop Rock app onto my desktop and downloaded MyWi onto my iPhone 3GS. Still I longed for those jailbreak apps like MxTube, but I noticed recently my iPhone ROCK app indicated an update. I was surprised to be able to download all of these Cydia apps thru Rock Your Phone, but so far I have only downloaded a few of my favorites. Glad there are no conflicts with Cydia since I installed it thru the Rock app and not a previous jailbreak. Too bad some jailbreak users are disappointed, but from my experience the Rock app is trouble free and faster. Glad I never jailbroke. I did jailbreak on my old iPhone 3g, which I sold to get the 3GS, but now that I have Rock Your Phone on the 3GS I will NEVER go back; no way. My 2 cents.
    Last edited by Urrl; 09-11-2009 at 12:51 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    I installed this , it crashed. I restarted and it wanted to reinstall all my apps. I uninstalled it. This may be great eye candy but I'll stick with Cydia. It just works.
    So all these people have no issues and love it, yours don't work and It's the software's problem? Think again.......

This thing is awesome. I'm VERY impressed. I've been an Intelliscreen user for awhile now, so I'm not suprised theses guys/gals came up with this. Hats off.

Thanks

Last time ModMyi reviewed something like this, it was Cydia.. Does Rock has the same destiny? xD

Thumbs up Greeat write up.
    Like all the detail. May have to try Rock again...especially for the backup capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Adplaya View Post
    Some repos don't seem to work..
    I have the same problem. I started using it and I was quite happy with the looks and features. When I added all my Cydia repos however I found out that some of them don't seem to work.
    The ones that are build in seem to work, but the one's that you add yourself (user Entered) don't work in my case. I tried adding the hackulo.us repo and can't find any program from it, I tried adding the xsellise repo and can't find anything from it either..

I also get a long list underneath 'Installed via Package'. I don't know what it means or what I can do with it. It just said things like 'cydia 8 packages'. No other explanation or something else. You can turn it on or off

I tried all kind of things to solve the repo problem, but i'm unable to solve it. Is there somebody that managed to get it working with other repo's? Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

If the repo problem can not be solved the program is useless for me....

Hmm, I don't seem to see a way to browse a repository the way I can with Cydia.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mastuul's Avatar
    Thanks

I installed the new RockApp on my 3GS and it's working fine. Last night I wanted to test the backup feature built into the new version, so I put it on my 2G iPhone and restored to 3.0.1 after saving a backup (I tried restoring to 3.1 and jailbreaking with redsn0w, but it doesn't work, I had to try right?). After jailbreaking, I installed RockApp and restored my jailbreak apps from the backup and it worked very well.

My only complaint is that it didn't install the sources that I had added manually or the packages from those sources. I wonder if I had added those sources myself prior to doing the restore on RockApp if they would have installed. Either way, this is great to have for when I update my 3GS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blowfish64 View Post
    Hmm, I don't seem to see a way to browse a repository the way I can with Cydia.
    The buttons on the bottom... "What's New" is like Cydia's "Changes", then you have Categories (Sections), Search and Manage, just like Cydia.

Thanks

RockApp crashes sometimes while installing things.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast