+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RockApp Launches 2.0

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
i tried rockapp several times, but only got problems, so for example when installing somnthing the 3GS freezes (the installion does not end) i must manually press some buttons and
    Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,065 Times in 3,287 Posts

i tried rockapp several times, but only got problems, so for example when installing somnthing the 3GS freezes (the installion does not end) i must manually press some buttons and then i can not restart the phone for about 5 Minutes or something. Somtimes only itunes-connection helped me. So this was allways pure horror.
    So we will see if this is better now. I will wait.
    Last edited by Blue; 09-10-2009 at 11:07 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im curious how rockapp is gonna handle paid for apps from cydia after you restore your backup? other then that it looks great!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow very interesting things bout rock but how do i install it and if i do will i lose cydia or can i be running both of them at the same time..? Ne1

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

Silent - I'm guessing you had a cached version of the ratings - probably would rectify on next fetch - can you try again?
    BlueMetal - There is an existing issue with Cydia which saurik hasn't addressed regarding reloading of the SpringBoard.plist via launchd (it can cause what you described - I agree - very frustrating and we've eliminated the issue via Rock App) . To experience it - try installing and uninstalling mobilesubstrate a few times in cydia - after a few attempts you'll feel the pain
    Siknali: In the interest of easy maintenance for users - I've emailed Saurik if he wants to make them available via RockApp
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to skeels For This Useful Post:

Siknali (09-10-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow Mario you stay busy man. Always innovation with you. Ill be sure to check it out and post my experience.

iPhone? More like MyPhone silent1643's Avatar
    Thanks

psu: thanks that fixed the issue with the ratings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It appears that Saurik has blocked access to his repository from the Rock App. No updating apps from Cydia through Rock App right now.

Thanks

Yea same experience here. The repos do not display updates, and are unsearchable. When you go to manage your installed items, the items installed from cydia sources are listed as unknown. I have also found that adding in a source manually does no good. It will not appear in the updates.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wakedude View Post
    It appears that Saurik has blocked access to his repository from the Rock App. No updating apps from Cydia through Rock App right now.
    saurik needs to get his cello playing *** into gear

Thanks
    Thanked 7,608 Times in 1,909 Posts

The UI is beautiful and easy to manage.

Enough said!

iPhone? More like MyPhone zwaldowski's Avatar
    Thanks

WTF is up with Saurik/Telesphoreo blocking RockApp and Icy? This reeks of 1.x all over again, and being controlling like that defeats the entire f***ing purpose of jailbreaking.

It'll be ridiculously justified, since Saurik will call it a disaster again and everyone will hug him and hate on RockApp, just like on RiP-Dev's legitimate (albeit equally ridiculous) attempts at coexisting on 2.x+.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zwaldowski View Post
    WTF is up with Saurik/Telesphoreo blocking RockApp and Icy? This reeks of 1.x all over again, and being controlling like that defeats the entire f***ing purpose of jailbreaking.

It'll be ridiculously justified, since Saurik will call it a disaster again and everyone will hug him and hate on RockApp, just like on RiP-Dev's legitimate (albeit equally ridiculous) attempts at coexisting on 2.x+.
    well put!

i think the jailbreak community should call on a response from him at the least

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yeah i just spotted that its now blocked.... id be curious to the reasons etc.... im not taking sides tho - id just like to know why, that being said its his (sauriks) to do as he pleases.

I use both cydia and rock app - depending on what im upto. i think i'd always use both regardless

they are both great apps
    do'h

Green Apple
    Thanks

Help me please...

Thanks

Thanks

Umm, has this block been removed? all my Cydia stuff is showing up in Rock now.
    Last edited by TheOnlyest; 09-10-2009 at 05:13 PM.
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    Umm, has this block been removed? all my Cydia stuff is showing up in Rock now.
    Yes saurik has removed the block. Just to clarify the RockApp was blocked from accessing the saurik repo and not other APT repo's such as ModMyi, BigBoss, iSpazio etc...

Thanks

i donno what it is.. It downloaded automatically to my phone after i installed anyring from cydia and its just an icon there.. ill give it a shot

Thanks

sweet deal, gonna have to try this out loved the previous version especially the week trial on everything(wish more was like this)cant wait to see what new package they have, and combining the forces of cydia/icy makes this even better..muhahahaha. ok now i must get it
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mastuul's Avatar
    Thanks

Zehlek, install that version from Cydia and when you open RockApp it'll show the update.