+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RockApp Launches 2.0

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Can I uninstall the Rock app without having to re-jailbreak my phone if I decide not to want to have it on my phone anymore?
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Can I uninstall the Rock app without having to re-jailbreak my phone if I decide not to want to have it on my phone anymore?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Where do I download it from?

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

ThePlague: It does backup repos that are installed - not manually added
    BlackWorld: Great to here - I've addressed that Install button issue before - but obviously there's still a gap.. will get it right this time 2) Already implemented (See screenshot on first page). Under Manage -> Settings -> Minimize on Confirm (let me know if alternate wording would help here) 3) Feel free to provide any sample images. We are looking for an easy way to completely theme Rock (without the overhead of Winterboard).
    CaptainChaos: Yes - you can uninstall Rock without having to rejailbreak if you no longer want it on the iPhone.

All - Sorry - yes you have to install 1.14.8 via Cydia and then upgrade to 2.0. This is while we investigate 2.2 compatibility with the RockApp 2.0.

One more minor note that's not clear (we'll be releasing a new update to rectify this): To MAKE a backup, you need to install/uninstall (make a change) - that's when a backup is made. It'll prompt you the first time.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theplague View Post
    Psuskeels:
    Ok thanks for answering.
    One thing was a bit unclear though, does RockApp actually backup also the repos/sources?
    Yes, all repo's / sources are backed up as well..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Psuskeels:
    Is there any chance that backing up the manually added repos will be supported in an update?
    PkgBackup obviously does this.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looks nice but what sense does it make when highlighting this just when iPhone 3.1 is released and not jailbroken?
    Search Google for "Custom Firmware 3.1.2" if you don't have a Mac and are using Windows!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kkiran View Post
    Looks nice but what sense does it make when highlighting this just when iPhone 3.1 is released and not jailbroken?
    What about the backup feature for one?
    I guess alot of people would want their jailbreak apps backuped and restore them easily once their on 3.1.

Thanks

I plan on jailbreaking as soon as the 3.1 jailbreak comes out, and I must say that this looks like a great alternative to Cydia. I'll definitely be checking this out.

Makes me pretty excited to jailbreak, especially considering all the stuff available now because I haven't jailbroken since my original iPhone 2G back when you had to do it manually and we only had installer.
    iEat. iSleep. iPhone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds good. I'm getting it now
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, that UI is AWESOME! Great work psuskeels! I was wondering where you were off to for a while....looks like you were busy!
    kwickone I.T.H.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaxRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

This a superb application! I won't be able to go without the backup function now, it'll make upgrading my iPhone so much easier!

However, I have problem; I can't review apps. When I go to submit, I get the error: "you may only post one review per package". I'm signed in, and have never reviewed those applications before.

iPhone? More like MyPhone silent1643's Avatar
    Thanks

the major things i hate with cydia is the load time and no way to sort or show ratings with the apps - i will give this a try

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    : Give it a try - if you don't like something - I'll see it's fixed
    Hey, I have a request. I would love to see SBSettings toggle to enable/disable Tlert on the fly. That would be REALLY awesome for me. Especially if I need to let someone use my phone, I can quickly disable Tlert so the cannot view my messages while they are using it. Then quickly re-enable it when I get it back.

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRabbit View Post
    However, I have problem; I can't review apps. When I go to submit, I get the error: "you may only post one review per package". I'm signed in, and have never reviewed those applications before.

i made a review for bigboss categories and my review loaded the next time i opened the app (
    i would like to see the "nickname" in the user profile instead of entering it in for every review) - so far i have nothing but good things to say about this app - SUPER FAST! - the UI is brilliant - the ability to sort by ratings/release date/ alone makes it worth while

not sure about the desktop app yet however
    Last edited by silent1643; 09-10-2009 at 09:05 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickh View Post
    Rock app only gives me issues time after time, Im staying well away! Nice write up though
    +1

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Is there a way to clear a notification of an update without downloading the update?

Thanks

As I dont give a ratz azz about ratings, all I can say is AWESOME!!! Ive had Rock on my phone since Extensions was released, and I have never had a single issue with it, or the apps ive bought!

The UI is gorgeous, and the landscape mode kicks arse! I cant wait to see how the restore function works!

Competition promotes innovation, and Rock just became a MAJOR player in the jailbreak world! 5-STARS and 2 THUMBS UP!!!
    Last edited by TheOnlyest; 09-10-2009 at 10:07 AM.
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

z6joker9: Good idea - will look into it
    TheOnlyest: Thanks
    Silent: Thanks
    MaxRabitt: Hmm - Can you try again and PM me your IP address - i'll see if i can figure it out from there.

All Regarding Backups - They are taken when install/uninstall (make sense, right? . However, we have noticed the user need to take one on demand - so we have added a prompt for when you enable backups (to ask if you want to create a backup now).

Thanks for the feedback!
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Thanks
    Actually I find that any new players are welcome in the jailbreak community...
    After all it gives us a freedom of choice and competition motivates all sides to come up with nice new features.

Personally I am sticking with Saurik's Cydia since I find it delivers what I want and it's rock steady (no pun intended) and healthy for my iPhone and my nerves (nothing more frustrating than crashes and conflicts)

Cydia's Pkgbackup is a lifesaver and is working excellently (I think back at those days I had to do multiple manual restores of packages and sources and am surprised with the patience I had)

Guess time will show if Rock Your Phone will be running next to Cydia on my iPhone (Icy never got that far) since with the new 3.1 fw all developers have a lot of work ahead...

Thanks

just noticed after i updated the app - the ratings do not sort correctly