Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Utah: The Ultimate iPhone App Generator?

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Utah: The Ultimate iPhone App Generator?

Image Via stealthytranquility.com

Who knew that Utah was the iPhone's secret little weapon?

A story this weekend in the Salt Lake Tribune highlights the plethora of iPhone apps (some of which are the most popular around) that originate from... of all places... Utah.

Want to play a 4,000-year-old Chinese board game? SmartGo is the application for you. Need to keep track of those bodily function to help you get pregnant? Lady Biz might be your app. From the silly to the just fun to the serious, Utah companies are contributing to the tens of thousands of apps for iPhones. The apps, both free and for purchase, are those little icons on the screen that when activated allow you to do all sorts of things, many using the Internet or the iPhone's built-in GPS unit.
    Few would have ever known that entrepreneurs in Utah play such a pivotal role in the booming business of iPhone applications.
    And although this article gives a great deal of credit to Utah (as it should), lets not forget to offer a hearty thanks to Apple, which makes it possible for developers anywhere to become part of this monumental juggernaut.

Apple also greatly streamlined the development process for applications by opening up its computing platform to developers, giving them access to sell them easily on iTunes and offering them 70 percent of the revenues. Utah entrepreneurs appear to be leaping on the bandwagon and producing apps left and right, for themselves and on behalf of other companies. Some are even making a full-time living developing them.
    Although loyal Apple customers first and foremost appreciate the innovative products and entertaining attributes of the contemporary Apple product line, this holiday weekend we should note the business and employment opportunities that have been fostered as a result of Apple's work and innovation in the application realm.

Only in difficult economies are self-made success stories truly pronounced. And thanks in part to the opportunities to develop iPhone applications for small organizations, large companies, and the masses, people everywhere from Utah to the farthest ends of earth are finding the inspiration and wherewithal to work for themselves within the opportunity-rich environment largely engendered by Apple.

Definitely something worth remembering and celebrating this Labor Day.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Carlos's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow
    King Los aka Los Ninyo

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    What do you expect? There's nothing to do in Utah, so people just sit around writing iPhone apps.
    its true i live in utah and there is NOTHING to do here especialy on sundays

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SLCpunk69 For This Useful Post:

sk8ertim (09-06-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SLCpunk69 View Post
    its true i live in utah and there is NOTHING to do here especialy on sundays
    +1 Thanks!

RESPECT YOUR NAME!

Awesome movie SLC PUNK!

Thanks

Utah is like a trap! I don't like it here and somehow i can't get out. Nothing to do is the understatement of the year my friends

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

You wouldn't recommend taking a vacation trip to Utah?

There is plenty to do here, especially if you like the outdoors. People here just like to over exaggerate because they are unhappy with there own life. It is harder to find friends if you aren't mormon though.
    Last edited by dbarrett5381; 09-06-2009 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks

Mormons don't play with non-Mormons ?

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Mormons don't play with non-Mormons ?
    Not really, well it isn't so much that they don't like to be around them as it is that they just don't have anything in common with non-mormons and they like to preach their religion so non-mormons don't really like to be around them either.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,187 Times in 6,203 Posts

Bryce Canyon, Lake Powell, Logan Bear lake area, Moab Arches, Monument Valley, Zion, Park City world class skiing to to name a few of my favorite places. Beautiful State with so much to do.

Thanks

Sounds annoying

Thanks

Yikes! No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Yikes! No thanks
    It doesn't help that most of the government in this state are mormons, because they make stupid laws. For example restaurants here that are within a certain distance of mormon churches or temples have to get permission from the mormon church before they can get liquor licenses.
    Last edited by dbarrett5381; 09-06-2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by amoamare View Post
    And whats this bull **** Mormons dont play with non Mormons? I dont know where you got that idea cause thats bull **** as well.. I have a lot of friends that are Mormon they might not agree with what i do but they respect what i do if thats what i believe...

You guys just have bad experience with people damn.
    Maybe for you but, I have lived here my whole life and it is the truth. When I was a kid, the other kids didn't wanna play with me because I wasn't mormon and that was mostly because there parents told them not to. I have lost a few friends as I got older because they kept trying to get me to go back to church and I began resenting them to the point that I could no longer be friends with them. So don't try to act like it doesn't happen. It does. May not be the majority but it DOES happen.
    Last edited by dbarrett5381; 09-06-2009 at 01:56 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,187 Times in 6,203 Posts

Calm down gentlemen, getting out of control.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

One more bigot, juvenile, worthless post from any of you gets that person a 3 day ban.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

Haha he mistook me for non mormon which i get alot. I'm not super outdoorsie so this state just gets boring and the young adults here as a whole are kind of judgmental. Hope this isn't juvenile, just my option of Stealth refereed to as a potential Vacation spot! Though the snowboarding here is awesome, i must admit. Makes for a pain in the a** to get to work in rear wheel drive tho haha.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Bryce Canyon, Lake Powell, Logan Bear lake area, Moab Arches, Monument Valley, Zion, Park City world class skiing to to name a few of my favorite places. Beautiful State with so much to do.
    in the spring i can go snowboarding and motercycling in the same day both within an hour of each other

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Religiosity is reason for vacation in muy book...LOL
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Plenty of things to do here. Just need to get out of the house and drive a little down South like Moab, Grand Canyons, Great Mountain biking trails all over Utah. Up East Park City ( Alpine slide, Lots of lakes for fishing, Skiing during the winter, Water skiing during the summer ), dinosaurs land in Vernal, West The SaltFlats, Wendover . So there's allot to do it's up to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast