Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 593

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: AT&T MMS Already Working for Some Folks?

  1. #561
    Default ?????
    I can send mms messages people recieve them but cant open them but when someone sends me a mms i never get it

    Somebody help me
    Last edited by 156johnson; 09-21-2009 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost





    156 Johnson

  2. #562
    Unhappy mms not workin
    now , on the 25th mms would work nationwise?
    im in jersey, n my mms wont work

  3. #563
    I'm in Houston, Texas. I haven't had MMS until today, my iPhone went into sleep mode, I power-cycled and when it came back on MMS was working, both sending and receiving. I'm on 3.1 w ATT 5.1 carrier bundle.

  4. #564
    u know 4 all u people in US who claim u have mms working on 3.1 it would b nice if u put the network cellular data in a post.
    Last edited by lem06; 09-21-2009 at 07:33 PM.

  5. #565
    I've had the network data setup like the original post says, just think it was ATT finally coming through here.

  6. #566
    ^^I'm in Jersey w/ a 3gs 3.0 Jailbroken and I just sent my first MMS successfully! SWEET!!!!!

  7. #567
    I updated my carrier settings last night...the iPhone will still not send MMS...and now when I try to send text to multiple people it fails and gives a red ! .

    Any ideas on how to fix this guys?

    Thanks,

    ::rayman::

  8. #568
    Quote Originally Posted by lslugz View Post
    it works for me and im in falls church
    what settings are you using?
    I have:
    JB 3GS
    OS: 3.0
    Carrier 4.0 (sinfuliphone MMS & Tethering Setting installed)
    I have the camera icon in the txt window but it just gives me the failure message

    Quote Originally Posted by rayman121985 View Post
    I updated my carrier settings last night...the iPhone will still not send MMS...and now when I try to send text to multiple people it fails and gives a red ! .

    Any ideas on how to fix this guys?

    Thanks,

    ::rayman::
    try resetting the network settings.
    Last edited by will44life; 09-22-2009 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #569
    Quote Originally Posted by D to the M View Post
    I attempted to call ATT and be like, oh ive got this other phone i use and i would like messaging capabilities with this sim card...they were like ....no.
    You can pop your sim out, put it in another phone, switch your messaging plan and make a couple of calls, then pop the sim back out and put it back in your iPhone. This will allow MMS for the rest of the day, however the iPhone changes your phone type back in your account. Then they have a daily job that runs that turns off MMS again for iPhones in their database. You also need to update your file in your iPhone to turn it on. It's some ATT policy file or something.

    I used this method and I had MMS for a day and the next day it was gone. Ultimately it would probably get your account policed if you did it every day.

    I'd just wait (and I will be myself) til Friday at this point.

  10. #570
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,477
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    it will be official soon

  11. #571
    Has anyone run into issues with losing 3G internet after trying to send a mms that fails? I had a mms fail when checking to see if it kicked on yet. Now I cannot access the internet while on 3G, have to turn 3G off and use edge. But it is showing a data ip under sbsettings so it is strange. Tried resetting network settings and reloading the ipcc just in case but, nada still. Been like this for about 2 hours now. BTW...on 3GS with 3.0 jailbroken.


    EDIT:
    Interesting enough, a few hours later and it is back. This is the 2nd time it has happened. I almost wonder if AT&T is blocking my ip for some reason from that failed mms. Who knows, whatever, it works again. I will wait till the 25th. Damn, 3 days still. LOL
    Last edited by Jayman11; 09-22-2009 at 01:50 PM.

  12. #572
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayman11 View Post
    Has anyone run into issues with losing 3G internet after trying to send a mms that fails? I had a mms fail when checking to see if it kicked on yet. Now I cannot access the internet while on 3G, have to turn 3G off and use edge. But it is showing a data ip under sbsettings so it is strange. Tried resetting network settings and reloading the ipcc just in case but, nada still. Been like this for about 2 hours now. BTW...on 3GS with 3.0 jailbroken.
    I had that problem. The quickest fix is to reboot the phone.

    MMS just started working for us in the Memphis area on all three of our jailbroken on 3.0 phones. 2 - 3g and 1 - 3Gs.

    Used the settings from help.benm.at for AT&T.

    For some reason, one of the settings I saw posted elsewhere did not have the correct User. Once I changed that to [email protected] everything was good.

  13. #573
    Just give me my MMS, let me wollow away in my own sorrows & send naked pictures of myself to, . . myself.

    Seth from AT&T means well, but he just bothers me.

    Maybe I am just over the top pissed off at AT&T.

  14. #574
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Gretna, LA
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    AT&T is actually NOT behind. The average iPhone person uses over 10 times the amount of data of any other user. If you were to put the over 4 million iPhones on ANY other network it would cripple them just like it did AT&T. As a company it would not have been a smart decision to dump billions into their network without knowing how popular the iPhone was going to be... now they are playing catch up. Any other network would have approached it the same way.


    I agree. Espcially with the companies that aren't really that popular across the US.

  15. #575
    Quote Originally Posted by mx727 View Post
    I had that problem. The quickest fix is to reboot the phone.

    MMS just started working for us in the Memphis area on all three of our jailbroken on 3.0 phones. 2 - 3g and 1 - 3Gs.

    Used the settings from help.benm.at for AT&T.

    For some reason, one of the settings I saw posted elsewhere did not have the correct User. Once I changed that to [email protected] everything was good.

    Weird I lost it again today...been down for about 3 hours now. Have a data ip but can't access anything online. Reboot doesn't help. I guess it's not from trying to send an mms cause i haven't tried sending one yet today. Arghh..

  16. #576
    I posted this elsewhere, but figured it might be helpful here also. I'm in the RDU area of NC, using carrier file 4.0 and the settings from help.benm.at for AT&T. MMS has been working since 9/14 (perhaps earlier, but that's the first time I noticed it). I'm on a JB 3G(s) running 3.0.

  17. #577
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayman11 View Post
    Has anyone run into issues with losing 3G internet after trying to send a mms that fails? I had a mms fail when checking to see if it kicked on yet. Now I cannot access the internet while on 3G, have to turn 3G off and use edge. But it is showing a data ip under sbsettings so it is strange. Tried resetting network settings and reloading the ipcc just in case but, nada still. Been like this for about 2 hours now. BTW...on 3GS with 3.0 jailbroken.


    EDIT:
    Interesting enough, a few hours later and it is back. This is the 2nd time it has happened. I almost wonder if AT&T is blocking my ip for some reason from that failed mms. Who knows, whatever, it works again. I will wait till the 25th. Damn, 3 days still. LOL
    That has to do with a checksum as a result of the jailbreak.
    I bet if you would have done a quick Settings >> General >> Reset >> Reset Network Settings, you would have been set.

    I ALMOST FORGOT: ITS IS FOR REAL! SCREW AT&T! WE GOT MMS WORKING BEFORE THE 25TH OFFICIAL LAUNCH. TAKE THAT AT&T!

  18. #578
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayman11 View Post
    Weird I lost it again today...been down for about 3 hours now. Have a data ip but can't access anything online. Reboot doesn't help. I guess it's not from trying to send an mms cause i haven't tried sending one yet today. Arghh..
    I noticed that the phone gets very warm and the battery drains fast when this is happening too. It seems to just go into a constant transmit mode.

    Also, once the MMS was turned on by AT&T, this quit happening to me.

  19. #579
    Quote Originally Posted by mx727 View Post
    I noticed that the phone gets very warm and the battery drains fast when this is happening too. It seems to just go into a constant transmit mode.

    Also, once the MMS was turned on by AT&T, this quit happening to me.
    Hmmmm weird...yeah it's almost like it's tied up. I tried everything, reboot, new ipcc, network settings reset. Nothing seems to bring it back. it's 2:30 now and it's been down since about 10:30 this morning. Needless to say, still no mms though. lol, kinda want my 3G data connection back first.

  20. #580
    What's Jailbreak? sj660's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gullivorniya
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I sent my first successful MMS just now, here in Santa Barbara County. I've been trying at least once or twice daily since I heard it was working for people.

    Edit: p.s. I'm using 3.0.1, jailbroken but not unlocked with a hacked .ipcc

    And I won't be upgrading to 3.1 anytime soon unless there's a fix for tethering.
    Last edited by sj660; 09-23-2009 at 02:51 PM.
    על שלשה דברים העולם עומר על התורה ועל העבודה ועל גמילות חסדים

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •