+ Reply
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 593

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: AT&T MMS Already Working for Some Folks?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by noop same thing happened to me, just go to settings>general>reset> then reset all settings. don't worry it wont delete any data its just going to reset the
...
  1. #401
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by noop View Post
    same thing happened to me, just go to settings>general>reset> then reset all settings. don't worry it wont delete any data its just going to reset the phone and reboot, you should have a camera back in there. I did this a few mins. ago.
    I have tried that several times. :/ And when I go to settings and Messages, the MMS option isn't there anymore, but in cellular network info, mms apn settings are still there.

    edit: just noticed you said "all settings" I haven't reset that one yet, I've only done Network settings. I'll give it a try.

    Edit 2: AMAZING! It worked!! Thanks!!!! ::clicking thanks button now::
    Last edited by compilez; 09-09-2009 at 05:18 AM.

  2. #402
    iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Centennial CO
    Posts
    213
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by noop View Post
    same thing happened to me, just go to settings>general>reset> then reset all settings. don't worry it wont delete any data its just going to reset the phone and reboot, you should have a camera back in there. I did this a few mins. ago.
    Hold me!!!! Finally it works

  3. #403
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frog Balls, Fl
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    It's sad that we have had to go through all this just to get a feature to work that should have worked as soon as the software allowed. I would love to know the true reason for this.. Because there is no way it has anything to do with network congestion as we send emails and upload pictures to places outside the network.

  4. #404
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    i read pretty much every page of this thread
    i finally got it to work using a sim swap and changing my messaging plan on at&t
    worked for about an hour then gave me the red arrow
    switched phones again and sent a message
    been working like a charm ever since
    4 days and counting and still have my MMS
    i actually use it a lot more than i originally thought i would
    especially since i made it work for my TMobile iPhone friends as well
    thanks to everyone who helped on the thread i dont really remember what page i found the suggestion but it worked



  5. #405
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    if u mms just update to 5.0 ippc mine is working woooo

  6. #406
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    working out in northwest indiana. so im also assuming chicago.

  7. #407
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Is he/she using wifi to send mms??

  8. #408
    iPhone? More like MyPhone babydol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    After restoring all my settings and installing stealth's ipcc, i've got em working here in tulsa, oklahoma!

    *edit* i'm currently an unjailbroken 3g
    Last edited by babydol; 09-09-2009 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #409
    iPhone? More like MyPhone jeezy45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    158
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    just wait until sept 25 and we will find out

  10. #410
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Hell yes! After 3.1 today i thought id test my MMS.. Along with everyone else.. mine wouldnt work through all the different tutorials.. But now its working perfect. Really nice...

    But my real reason for posting is:
    Now with itunes 9, i cant seem to update the carrier file on my gf's phone.. The US_AT.ipcc file isnt able to be selected.. Anybody else have any insight?

  11. #411
    iPhone? More like MyPhone jeezy45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    158
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    what did u do to get mms workin?

  12. #412
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Nothing. Currently still jailbroke with 3.0 not 3.0.1 and used these mms settings:
    apn: wap.cingular
    username : [email protected]
    pass: CINGULAR1
    mmsc: mmsc.cingular.com
    mms proxy: 066.209.011.032
    mms max message size: 614400
    mms ua prof url: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

    Havent tried removing those settings and see if mms still works tho... If those dont work.. It must be a regional thing and id say just keep checking each day.

  13. #413
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by slayorktc View Post
    Hell yes! After 3.1 today i thought id test my MMS.. Along with everyone else.. mine wouldnt work through all the different tutorials.. But now its working perfect. Really nice...

    But my real reason for posting is:
    Now with itunes 9, i cant seem to update the carrier file on my gf's phone.. The US_AT.ipcc file isnt able to be selected.. Anybody else have any insight?
    Since you already upgraded to iTunes 9 you could see if this command line works...

    just run the command that corresponds with your OS. (then let us know)

    Close iTunes
    Open Terminal (Applications > Utilities > Terminal)
    Run the command: defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE
    Windows 32 Bit

    Close iTunes
    Go to Start then Run and type CMD
    Run this command(If you right-click on the cmd window you can paste): “C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe” /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
    Windows 64 Bit

    Close iTunes
    Go to Start then Run and type CMD
    Run this command(If you right-click on the cmd window you can paste): “C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe” /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to compilez For This Useful Post:

    slayorktc (09-09-2009)

  15. #414
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by compilez View Post
    Since you already upgraded to iTunes 9 you could see if this command line works...

    just run the command that corresponds with your OS. (then let us know)

    Close iTunes
    Open Terminal (Applications > Utilities > Terminal)
    Run the command: defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE
    Windows 32 Bit

    Close iTunes
    Go to Start then Run and type CMD
    Run this command(If you right-click on the cmd window you can paste): “C:Program FilesiTunesiTunes.exe” /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
    Windows 64 Bit

    Close iTunes
    Go to Start then Run and type CMD
    Run this command(If you right-click on the cmd window you can paste): “C:Program Files (x86)iTunesiTunes.exe” /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
    Wow. Thanks. Yup that worked perfectly.

    Quote Originally Posted by slayorktc View Post
    Nothing. Currently still jailbroke with 3.0 not 3.0.1 and used these mms settings:
    apn: wap.cingular
    username : [email protected]
    pass: CINGULAR1
    mmsc: mmsc.cingular.com
    mms proxy: 066.209.011.032
    mms max message size: 614400
    mms ua prof url: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

    Havent tried removing those settings and see if mms still works tho... If those dont work.. It must be a regional thing and id say just keep checking each day.
    Well i cleared all the settings and it still sends and recieves..
    Last edited by slayorktc; 09-09-2009 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  16. #415
    iPhone? More like MyPhone dmoses1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 28 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    After restoring all my settings and installing stealth's ipcc, i've got em working here in tulsa, oklahoma!

    *edit* i'm currently an unjailbroken 3g
    What did you do to get it working? Sim Swap? I am 60 miles north of you. Just curious
    Thanks

  17. #416
    iPhone? More like MyPhone babydol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dmoses1969 View Post
    What did you do to get it working? Sim Swap? I am 60 miles north of you. Just curious
    Thanks
    Nope, nothing. Last night I decided to restore to test my battery life being nonjailbroken. I also installed the ipcc file that stealth posted on another post. After reading some other posts about how people had got it working after resetting all of their settings (not just the network settings, but ALL) I figured I'd give it a try. Its been working ever since...sending and receiving.

  18. #417
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SoCal (LA)
    Posts
    158
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts

    could someone please post the link to Stealth's ipcc. Thanks

  19. #418
    Green Apple nwcorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Holly **** it works just like everyone else. I had the .ipcc 5.0 uploaded and i just updated to 3.1 and bingo it was working in Eastern washington state. whoooooooooooooooooooooooo

    Quote Originally Posted by ddfilms View Post
    could someone please post the link to Stealth's ipcc. Thanks
    Here you go this is the .ipcc you need MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Last edited by nwcorey; 09-09-2009 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #419
    Green Apple travis_t80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    A-town
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts


    Am I getting smart with you? How would you know?

  21. #420
    Green Apple nwcorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ddfilms View Post
    could someone please post the link to Stealth's ipcc. Thanks
    Or this is the stelth .ipcc you need.

    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service




    If it works dont forget to thank me

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts