Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T MMS Already Working for Some Folks?

heres a new one i think, why is it that these settings are set in my phone, grant it ive still never to send MMS, but this is first time, since i been tinkering with this that i seen these settings, and they came up after i pressed "reset settings" option, if you see at bottom says, [url]www.apple......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0213.png  

Default going to try to get MMS on 8gig 3G iphone
    OK im going to try to get MMS on my iphone 8gig unjailbroken and running on version 4.0 and im going to tell you guys if i can get it once i do a carrier upgrade to 5.0 and im going to post pics first im going to keep it unjailbroken and update carrier to 5.0 reboot and see if it work

[img=http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/6457/img0002o.th.png]

[img=http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3949/img0003h.th.png]

[img=http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/3118/img0004sb.th.png]

[img=http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4881/img0005o.th.png]

Quote Originally Posted by jonban View Post
    heres a new one i think, why is it that these settings are set in my phone, grant it ive still never to send MMS, but this is first time, since i been tinkering with this that i seen these settings, and they came up after i pressed "reset settings" option, if you see at bottom says, [url]www.apple......
    mine are set to these and they work... as long as i changed my txt msging plan like i outlined(very sloppy) above...

doesnt it cost money to change your texting plan?

Quote Originally Posted by sucram6791 View Post
    doesnt it cost money to change your texting plan?
    not if you change to a txting plan of equal or lesser value...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to madLyfe For This Useful Post:

sucram6791 (09-05-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

MMS working here also w/ AT&T 5.0 ipcc file. Would always give the red exclamation but now messages going through.

Anyone know why I don't have a cellular data network section in my settings? I have 3.0 firmware jailbroken on my 3g.

Help please!!!!

what are your apn settings?

Default update on my 8gig iphone 3G mms
    ok i updated my iphone to 3.0.1 its still unjailbroken update the carrier to 5.0 and the MMS shows up but cant send MMS rebooted the phone again and its working fine at first it just the red ! but its all working now

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3629/img0006dy.png[/IMG]]

Quote Originally Posted by xchemical View Post
    ok i updated my iphone to 3.0.1 its still unjailbroken update the carrier to 5.0 and the MMS shows up but cant send MMS rebooted the phone again and its working fine at first it just the red ! but its all working now

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3629/img0006dy.png[/IMG]]

follow what i said to do up the thread a bit... only way for me to get it to work..

i got unlimited text

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Superduperiphone View Post
    Anyone know why I don't have a cellular data network section in my settings? I have 3.0 firmware jailbroken on my 3g.

Help please!!!!
    because you need to update the carrier file which has been explained more than enough times in the thread

please go update your ipcc file

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rescuer For This Useful Post:

Superduperiphone (09-05-2009)

i've also got unlimited text so i'm curious if that is gonna change anything for me getting mms working. still stuck on the red !

So, i did everything the forum said. And it worked just fine. I sent about 7-8 different tests, sending and receiving works fine..

couple hours later, stopped working...restarted phone still nothing. Put sim in old phone tried, works just fine...then i put back into my iPhone the first 2 or 3 messages work fine then i get the red arrow.

ahh...back and forth now...any ideas? allready tried reloading phone from scratch, redid the carrier settings, called at&t again...just to make sure everything was good..

-Brandon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJob View Post
    So, i did everything the forum said. And it worked just fine. I sent about 7-8 different tests, sending and receiving works fine..

couple hours later, stopped working...restarted phone still nothing. Put sim in old phone tried, works just fine...then i put back into my iPhone the first 2 or 3 messages work fine then i get the red arrow.

ahh...back and forth now...any ideas? allready tried reloading phone from scratch, redid the carrier settings, called at&t again...just to make sure everything was good..

-Brandon
    That's the problem i'm having too

got it working for a short while, and it died.

checked my att account online, it still shows "messaging 200 $5.00" selected

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madLyfe View Post
    This is how its done... i have tried everything you can imagine... i feel the pain.. but i got it working.. ok this is very easy.. screw the itunes crap.. what i did was totally reset the network settings and rebooted my phone(clean start) then i this this below, provided by SB.. read on below..

then i took my sim out and put it into another att phone, my dads razor.. made a few calls, messed around on it for a bit.. then i logged into att website for my account info, if it doesnt recognize your phone as the updated substition phone and still says iphone, then log out and wait awhile longer, and keep checking back to make sure it shows the updated phone when you log in.. once it finally recognizes the phone it will show your txting plan still on the iphone plan.. well pick a corresponding txt plan that is non iphone(there wont be any other iphone choices btw..) then i made a few more phone calls on that phone just to make sure it took(dunno if that matters) then put your sim back into your iphone and reboot.. then mms works.. and when you log back into your att account it will still show the "Messaging Unlimited AT&T Recommends" and not the "iPhone Text Messaging Unlimited"
    FINALLY!
    FU ATT!!!!!!!!!
    BTW I JUST DID IT AND DONT KNOW HOW LONG IT WILL LAST.....
    ********** edit
    i dunno about mms video tho.. i only have a 3g.. my bro tried to send a video but said he couldnt send it.. he could be retarded but i dunno if its a 3g thing...
    Awesome bro. I am glad you got it! Loading from iTunes doesnt work all the time, SSHing does

i guess with ATT services it wont be stable till the 25th its not that long of a wait

I've had legit MMS since 3.0 came out just search youtube "MMS on 3.0" and some slight computer knowledge ... I've also been told by many AT&T reps on how to do it

after several failed attempts i think i'm gonna give up and just play the wait game. i can't get passed this point.

Can you please make the Following ICONS for me Please!!!!

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1458/photogu.jpg

Thank you!!

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast