+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TomTom kit delayed until October

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Our Austrian comrades at BenM.at reveal that the TomTom iPhone hardware kit - a suction cup mount that interfaces with the iPhone and adds functionality - has slipped to October.
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default TomTom kit delayed until October

Our Austrian comrades at BenM.at reveal that the TomTom iPhone hardware kit - a suction cup mount that interfaces with the iPhone and adds functionality - has slipped to October.

The TomTom iPhone FAQ now reads: "The TomTom car kit availability was originally planned for this summer. But we have decided to take some extra weeks in order to deliver the highest quality on this innovative product." Industry watchers will recognize the shorthand for 'this thing doesn't work yet.'

The car kit is not necessary to use the software available on the iTunes App Store. When it is used with the iPhone 3G and 3GS, however, the kit boosts GPS signal for the iPhone. The original iPhone and the iPod touch, which do not have built-in GPS, will be able to use the hardware kit to navigate. In addition, the kit will charge the iPhone/iPod and support hands-free calling and music using your car's stereo.
    Last edited by Paul Daniel Ash; 09-04-2009 at 08:43 AM. Reason: inline link to previous TomTom post

Thanks

That figures .

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Why would anyone pay $100 for a GPS program when you can buy a GPS for $100 and then not have to waste your phone's resources?

iPhone? More like MyPhone carlbgc's Avatar
    Thanks

^

*sigh*

Thanks
    especialy that GPS doesn't work on many 3G [incl. me] (all waiting for Apple to fix it).

iPhone? More like MyPhone hoits2000's Avatar
    Thanks

... Because I like to have a "all in one device"...blah blah blah... since I have money to throw in the toilet.

The iPhone with the TomTom add on is not an all in one device. It also proves the fact that the GPS sucks and needs to be assisted. I hate when people say they wanted an all in one device. The normal FREE google maps app has done fine for me traveling accross country and around town. I can't believe there are so many people who waste their money on a 100 app! I can't see why we are in a recession. With that many americans buying crap like this. ... Anyway, Ill be getting one. HA!

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Bummer. I was looking forward to this mount.
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

iPhone? More like MyPhone FURBY8704's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoits2000 View Post
    The iPhone with the TomTom add on is not an all in one device. It also proves the fact that the GPS sucks and needs to be assisted. I hate when people say they wanted an all in one device. The normal FREE google maps app has done fine for me traveling accross country and around town. I can't believe there are so many people who waste their money on a 100 app! I can't see why we are in a recession. With that many americans buying crap like this. ... Anyway, Ill be getting one. HA!
    ^

ahahaha thats so true!.....our money goes back to this country just like that....its the government who f**** up our economy >_<

iPHONE 3G FW 4.0 JB & iPHONE 4 4.0 READY TO BE JB=]

Thanks

Anyone know what kind of interface it will use for the hansfree/music etc? will it just be a crappy 3.5mm stereo lead?

Thanks

October?!?! Oh well.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

My iPhone is a Part of Me exNavy's Avatar
    Thanks

"to take some extra weeks in order to deliver the highest quality on this innovative product."

In layman's terms: the s*** doesn't work and we currently don't know how to fix it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    Anyone know what kind of interface it will use for the hansfree/music etc? will it just be a crappy 3.5mm stereo lead?
    What? Would you rather have some proprietary interface that requires another purchase or something?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

I have not had any issues with GPS signal yet, and I purchased a $10-15 windshield mount already...and I have a car charger already which works with the windshield mount too. I am good to go brothas and sistas!

Yes, I shot $100 for the App, but thank goodness I don't need to spend more on an "enhancer".
    kwickone I.T.H.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Still havent bought the app but I would definitely buy the mount. And word on the cost yet??
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FURBY8704 View Post
    its the government who f**** up our economy >_<
    Yeah ... please ask George W. Bush why he was so ignorant when he had already been warned about what was gonna happen by his political/ economic advisers.

Oh ... Don't forget the arrogant Cheney.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,168 Times in 5,675 Posts

Looking forward to this mount because it has the GPS antennae built in it. I only hope that it will be adjustable to allow the iPhone to remain in the case. Although I use Navigon this will be a great addition.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoits2000 View Post
    ... Because I like to have a "all in one device"...blah blah blah... since I have money to throw in the toilet.

I believe the device was made more so that products like the ipod touch can have a way to receive gps signel. I have had no problems driving around the country using tomtom on my 3GS. Also, a standalone GPS unit for 100 bucks isn't going to have the features that this app has. It might be passable for you, but not so for some users. You also don't seem to know what a recession is and/or why it occurs, else you would realize that blaming the recession on people buying products like this is ludicrous.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

The ONLY way i'd blow $100 for this app, was if this mount was INCLUDED with it!!
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Still havent bought the app but I would definitely buy the mount. And word on the cost yet??
    what theme is that,love tha photo,it looks like a place in the bahamas..

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

I love hogans heroes!

Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!