Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Announces MMS

Anyone that talks with their head cocked to one side needs to be *****-slapped till their teeth bleed. That is so ******** annoying.

What else annoys me is that if you don't live in a major city, they aren't even trying to bring you even the 1900mhz spectrum with 3G. Unless I'm wrong and that is only for edge. But my point is that they aren't even looking to expand thier 3G service in any area that isn't a major city or a capitol of a state. It's really frustrating to pay for a service I'm not getting and that they are seriously dragging their feet on spreading out.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 09-03-2009 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Removed vulgar language

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
    Zwayne, please have this added to the news announcement.

YouTube - AT&T Network 101 & MMS Availability Update
    For real? please...

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    On my birthday- too bad this isn't a birthday present, seeing as I had it since June.
    Yeah and the day I quite smoking it will be one year for me!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

September 25th. Dude I been waiting all summer. F***ing AT&T

this is why apple needs to leave at&t now because the subpar service and lack there og 3g coverage plus they cant even handle mms what will they do with something else apple decides to gracefully give make us wait til the get there **** together and say here you go 6 months later (SCREW YOU AT&T) that was me yelling

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

First everyone was cursing Apple for not having MMS on the iPhone at all... then they fixed that issue with firmware 3.0. If AT&T was ready they would have activated MMS. Everyone needs to realize what would have happened if they did this without being ready.... the network would have crashed or data transfer would have screeched to a halt and then everyone screaming "law suite" for no MMS would all of a sudden be screaming "law suite" for data service outage. It is really a tragedy that AT&T wasn't ready like the rest of the world but at least they had the integrity to admit it and /hopefully/ do the necessary upgrades in the meantime.

At&t knew about mms before we knew it was coming back in late february so why did it take so long for just a simple feature its not really that important now because we have found ways around it but if a 60$ metro pcs phone can do it why the hell my iphone cant

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

tmobile customers with the iphone have had mms working for months now, it's all att's fault, stupid f*ckin' company

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Whatever, MMS has been available via hacking for quite some time, I'm just amazed Apple put up with AT&T taking so long.

A dying format?!?! Puhleez... That's like saying SMS is a dying format.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

WOO HOO!!! I'm so stoked.
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Will this update include 3G tethering or is that going to take another few months?

sooo i hope jailbreak is ready by 9/25 or else i might not even upgrade yet.. =X

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jerrykid323 View Post
    3G has nothing to do with Cell phone Service
    That's quite interesting considering I have to turn off 3G to be able to make phone calls in my house. Every time 3G is turned on I get "Call failed" messages. Turn off 3G and amazingly it works.

Even reboting and leaving it in 3G gives me the same crap. Pretty awesome service AT&T has. Even better when I don't ever even get my voicemail, but hey, that's another gripe altogether.

Finally

I'd say I was excited but I'd be lying. I'm more pissed at the fact that the iPhone should have been able to do this since day one! Out of all u, the iPhone is the most multimedia based phone in the market and there is no excuse why MMS shouldn't have worked in the beginning.

September 25th isn't a date that we should all look forward to, but a day that should have been expected a lot earlier and the days up to the 25th will just piss me off even more.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Awesome. Now I can stare at my iPhone for 5 minutes while trying to send a picture cussing AT&T because they say that they don't guarantee I'll get a signal anywhere but outdoors, not in my car or in any structure. WTF is the point of having a phone if you can only use it in broad daylight?? I get two bars of EDGE 90% of the time, and they refuse to make a network that's worth a damn while everyone I know with every other service provider in my area gets full bars, no dropped calls, and highest speeds attainable on their smartphones. I'm leaving AT&T the very second the iPhone leaves, soley because here in the South if you don't live in a major city they don't cover the area worth a damn.
    I live in a small town in California and I am lucky to get one bar one Edge. Did you not know about the AT&T service in your area or where you like me and knew having an iPhone would be worth it becuase of the wifi access. Now because I guess I have a landline its no big deal but how could you not research the reception in your area?

Quote Originally Posted by andygev35 View Post
    A dying format?!?! Puhleez... That's like saying SMS is a dying format.
    Yes, I love paying for a service that's replaced/done better by virtually EVERY SINGLE INSTANT MESSAGING PROVIDER (which, by the way, you can use to send text messages to phone to!). But wait, let's not just pay for this service. Let's pay A LOT OF MONEY for a service that has little to no maintenance cost and is almost pure profit for the carriers. That good enough? No? What's that? People are willing to pay more? Well let's just increase the cost of text messaging all across the board (a change that happened across all US carriers in what's the complete opposite of competition since they basically all agreed to it to make more money) to force people to get the unlimited text packaging.

Seriously people, let MMS/SMS die the bloody death it deserves and GET WITH THE FRIGGING TIMES.

Oh! and for all of you "my friends can't e-mail waaah waaah" - back to my first point: IM Protocols that allow SMS: AOL, Google Chat. Both are free services through which you can send text messages. Your friends will receive said message from some weird number, which not only they can reply to but they can also SAVE UNDER YOUR CONTACT INFORMATOIN FOR FUTURE TEXTING AT NO COST TO YOU.

"but what about pictures?!? their phones can't e-mail pictures you angry noodle man!!!" - On their next birthday, buy them any $30 noki-moto-sung from the thrift shop from say the past 4 years since they've been able to e-mail since then. If that's not possible, then postcard or messenger pigeon will do the trick.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 09-04-2009 at 12:21 AM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

Windmeel (09-04-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Yeah and the day I quite smoking it will be one year for me!
    Congrats. Ill be one year on Christmas.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast