+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google’s Sinister Plan to Vanquish the iPhone?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by redmagic If there is another Phone looks better performance better and gives us all the freedom to customize I will ditch the iPhone without thinking lol PS:
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redmagic View Post
    If there is another Phone looks better performance better and gives us all the freedom to customize I will ditch the iPhone without thinking lol

PS: please correct me if I am wrong , is this Apple Forums ? why I keep seeing people saying " Windows 7 is Better then Apple OS " and keep talking about Windows at Apple Forums ?? ( at least Windows Vista sucks as hell ) , because if I want to know something about Windows I will go to Windows Forums not from Apple Froums ( I am not Apple Fanboy but I change to Apple coz Windows sucks ), and I join here coz I want to know about Apple news not Windows . lol
    If you have a problem with me mentioning something about the benefits of Windows you could have messaged me, instead of coyly badmouthing my post without specifically referencing it. Another user brought up the topic and I simply replied to him, is the purpose of a forum not to openly and freely discuss topics each of us brings up? And as far as I'm concerned this is not strictly an Apple website, it deals in both Apple and iPhone news and since a majority of iPhone users in fact use Windows I think it's safe to say that the topic of Windows itself is fair-game, especially on a technology oriented website such as this

iPhone? More like MyPhone treble26's Avatar
    Thanks

although i love my iphone, i would love to see a new smart phone come out and bet the iphone in sales and in the operating system along with the user friendly apps. but at the moment i really cant see any companies designing such a phone to knock apple off the top. apple seems to come up with such simple designs that is in the back of everyones mind and sell it as if it was the newest fashion style. giving all their products simple, sleek yet smart designs is what seems to get everyone to buy their products. their OS is also another major part of their products, its simple and stylish. when will the new and the REAL iphone killer be released? who knows? the only people that do know are the developers who are working hard on the newest OS that will make apples OSX look like Windows ME (no offense to Windows) Google needs to focus on all the things that the iphone is very weak in. and then work on improving the things that apple is good at. hopefully the real iphone killer comes out within the next 2 years because thats when i will be needing an upgrade from my iphone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

first thing they need to do is get a better os than what they have...they need something that wont lag when u press the number or anything on the screen.. now as for sleek... how much sleeker can u get than the iphone...
    apps wise.. the app store is too rich with apps to ever have competition... there really is pretty much EVERYTHING u can think of in an app.. even a damn lie detector lol.. they should make their phone universal... meaning unlocked to work with any simcard and not to be sold from a specific service provider...

iPhone? More like MyPhone mattharris85's Avatar
    Thanks

I think a Google phone would be pretty sweet. i mean we all use Google everyday anyway, why not carry it in our pockets/purses...
    If I helped then hit the thanks button...

Thanks

rwin84, watch where you're posting.

Thanks

OMG. Make a good phone and advertise it. What a conspiracy!

Quote Originally Posted by mattharris85 View Post
    I think a Google phone would be pretty sweet. i mean we all use Google everyday anyway, why not carry it in our pockets/purses...
    Perhaps I missed out on part of the conversation but... Android? G1? Magic? MyTouch?
    Last edited by angiepangie; 08-31-2009 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    If you have a problem with me mentioning something about the benefits of Windows you could have messaged me, instead of coyly badmouthing my post without specifically referencing it. Another user brought up the topic and I simply replied to him, is the purpose of a forum not to openly and freely discuss topics each of us brings up? And as far as I'm concerned this is not strictly an Apple website, it deals in both Apple and iPhone news and since a majority of iPhone users in fact use Windows I think it's safe to say that the topic of Windows itself is fair-game, especially on a technology oriented website such as this :
    First I am not talking about you (some people are so touchy lol )and everyone here at this topic talking about Phones and you are the only one try to change the topic to Windows 7 or Windows( after you got my attention )
    And I dont know if I read it wrong I only saw "Welcome to ModMyi.com - your premier Apple & iPhone community " lol

PS:I am not going to start an argument here but dont know whos got the badmouthing , barking at the wrong tree lol..:.
    Last edited by redmagic; 08-31-2009 at 03:00 AM.
    Apple a Day , PC away

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tokyo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Turanli View Post
    Google has the resources to make an iPhone killer but not the creativity
    Exactly

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

Lol. Android phones lag. I went to play with the mytouch this weekend and tested the speed of the browsers of the mytouch and my 3G. It's slower than my 3G and I'm on edge while the mytouch is on 3G. Google phones are so far behind.

I also played with the touch pro2 (win mo 6.1 OS) and tested the opera browser speed to the iPhone. It was slightly quicker than my 3G (I don't think it would beat the 3GS tho) so this proves the same manufacturer (HTC) who created the pro2 who also created the mytouch made a mistake on making it an android phone. The mytouch is a joke. Pro2 was released before the mytouch. The android phones are slow and if anything a downgrade for HTC. It's not a competition at this point between iPhone and Google phones. It's more like watching Google struggle to keep up in the race. Mytouch mightve been cool 3 years ago, but not today.

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

Google (or anyone) would have an impossible task to defeat the iPhone.
    I spent a long weekend in chicago and i noticed something strange. EVERY single person i saw using a phone on the street was some type of iPhone. I do not mean a few here and there, EVERYONE (almost*). It was sorta creepy. (* i did notice a couple of Blackberry's)

Thanks

Nothing is impossible - but I must admit the only improvements I can think off are minor tweaks. I can't think of anything radically different that I want.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

After messing around with my buddy's Palm Pre, I realized that there are only 2 things that set the iPhone ahead of the pack.

1. Its an Apple product - Apple products have an extremely long life time and popularity
    2. The power is in the App Store, Apple's App Store is far superior to any other mobile App Store in existence today. I do not mean that in terms of organization or design, but rather in terms of the Apps/Games themselves, their usefulness, and quality.

To be honest I have only seen two Palm Pre's in the real world, 1 black berry storm, and one G1 phone. Despite that, I am really impressed with the Palm Pre. Its ability to multitask, intuitive user interface, sleek OS, integration of EVERYTHING (and I mean it even sends your facebook buddies to your contact list!), and it does all this in a speedy fashion really won me over.

But alas... all the other touch screen phones out there are really just a copy-cat when it is all said and done; regardless of functions they may sport that are superior or vacant on the iPhone.

In the end the iPhone will probably be the survivor. And thats why I'm stickin with Apple. Plus I spent $400 on a 2G and $199 on a 3GS x 2 (wife) = over $1200 on Apple iPhones!

tim

Thanks

There are only 2 things I like about the iPhone:
    1) The hardware.
    2) The software.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    To be honest I have only seen two Palm Pre's in the real world, 1 black berry storm, and one G1 phone. Despite that, I am really impressed with the Palm Pre. Its ability to multitask, intuitive user interface, sleek OS, integration of EVERYTHING (and I mean it even sends your facebook buddies to your contact list!), and it does all this in a speedy fashion really won me over.
    i have the Pre and it has been a very difficult to wait for the app store to get going. however, the one thing that keeps me going it the fact that is totally open. access to the OS is as easy as flipping a switch. having root access to the device is really great. i also have an iPhone and when you compare them side by side the Pre blows the iPhone away if the app store for iPhone did not exist. alas, the Apple app store does exists so it is hard to play catch-up...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Everyone forgot about the Pre? I think Palm has the best chance to beat the iPhone with WebOS. It's closer to beating the iPhone than any other phone. Palm just needs a prettier phone and some hardware updates. All the Pre needs is the apps the iPhone has and a few software updates and it'll be amazing!
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Android definetely had potential but combined with crappy looking hardware it hardly gave Apple any sleepless nights. A killer designed phone and Android would definetely win over the developer crowd as its open source but as mentioned they do need a massive ad campaign to convince existing users to switch.

Although a window of opportunity does exist as many people are unhappy with several basic functions of the the current iPhones like battery life etc. If a Google phone could come out and challenge at a good price point it would have a shot, but the longer anyone waits the harder it will get.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I welcome this with open arms. Why? Every time another company "threatens" the iphone with an iPhone killer that has more features than the iPhone, Apple magically tosses all said features into the next firmware. My point? More competition means better iphone for us all. The beauty of the iphone is that it is virtually all OS. The limitations are almost completely software related and put there on purpose. As we see more phones like the iphone coming out things are bound to get better and better.
    definitely agree with this statement

Thanks

Good luck with that Google, there is no way to bring down the iPhone market.

Thanks

I don't think that's the case...and even if it is..I won't be switched to the G1 anytime soon. Google will need to seriously step up their game.
    iEat. iSleep. iPhone.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

1) Hook up with a visionary designer to produce a phone that is manifestly sleeker/faster/cooler/more long-lasting than the iPhone

You have to be kidding Google hasn't been able (other than search) to invent anything even with (maybe because of) all the pedigree college kids. And wasn't this what the Abdroid phone was suppose to be ?
    Marketing can help overcome products flaws, but it can't be a substitute for an non-existent product.

So Google would be using iPhone as a platform to market their apps until buyers realized, "If I'm using an iPhone to run all Google apps, I might as well just upgrade to a Google phone."

If this person has a marketing degree they should ask for their money back or pick another career.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.