+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google’s Sinister Plan to Vanquish the iPhone?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I will be the first to jump ship when something better comes along. Android is a great OS. So is Palm Pre. But neither has the hardware that interests me.
    Thanks

I will be the first to jump ship when something better comes along.
    Android is a great OS.
    So is Palm Pre.
    But neither has the hardware that interests me.
    The iPhone has a great form factor together with great FW - it will take a lot for me to jump ship despite all the iPhone's faults.
    Can't see anything on the horizon that remotely interests me yet.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

just give me something extremely fast, cool, and productive. i'd say extremely fast is one of the most important things, along with a little bit of innovation, and i'll gladly ditch the iphone. i hate being a puppet of the apple corp, but love their products.

Thanks

Something fast? Go for the new Samsung which they advertise as being very fast.
    See you back her e when you realise speed isn't everything....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Not a day goes by that I dont enjoy using my iPhone.
    Do I think any other phone will ever be the same? No.

As for Googles evil plan? You mean creating a product and marketing it? Damn, that's some Lex Luther sh!t right there.
    Last edited by Nimbulan; 08-30-2009 at 04:56 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nimbulan For This Useful Post:

Enkidu (08-30-2009), kainisable (08-30-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

I think no matter what I am pretty loyal to Apple, sorry to admit that as well lol
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rel1215 View Post
    i love google, but they will run into the same problem that msft has run into that allowed apple back in the game.....singular software that runs on all kinds of different hardware, that isn't fine tuned to nearly perfection levels for a certain hardware like we get with apple products.
    Unfortunately, this "perfection" that's attained by Apple strictly controlling the hardware you can and cannot use is one of its greatest money-makers at the expense of the consumer. For the same price as what you would pay for pretty much any Apple computer, you can build a computer running Windows with far geater specifications, pretty much making your point moot. Granted, that with the exact same hardware configuration, which would cause the Windows-based computer's price to drop considerably, you may notice that the Apple computer might have a performance edge because Apple is able to tweak every little bit of the Operating System just to take advantage of the hardware in any way possible. However, Windows 7 is quickly diminishing Windows' reputation of being slow and clunky, with benchmarks showing faster performance than that even experienced with Windows XP.

tl;dr Your Mac may seem to be pretty snappy, but for the same price you can build your own Windows pc that is a whole lot snappier

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The ONLY way Google even has a chance to over take the iPhone is by implementing multi-touch in their phones. There is no way Google can avoid this.

Thanks

I love my iPhone, but it be nice to see someone give apple a run for their money.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't think google would be able to make a phone better than the iPhone...i used to be a g1 user, and i came to hate that phone. It had low memory, various system crashes, i had to call tmo and get a new often...and i don't think the htc magic is that much of an improvement from previous models...

Thanks

Smile Comp = Better iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I welcome this with open arms. Why? Every time another company "threatens" the iphone with an iPhone killer that has more features than the iPhone, Apple magically tosses all said features into the next firmware. My point? More competition means better iphone for us all. The beauty of the iphone is that it is virtually all OS. The limitations are almost completely software related and put there on purpose. As we see more phones like the iphone coming out things are bound to get better and better.
    I Totally Agree (New King Los Themes Comin soon by the way)
    King Los aka Los Ninyo

Thanks

If there is another Phone looks better performance better and gives us all the freedom to customize I will ditch the iPhone without thinking lol

PS: please correct me if I am wrong , is this Apple Forums ? why I keep seeing people saying " Windows 7 is Better then Apple OS " and keep talking about Windows at Apple Forums ?? ( at least Windows Vista sucks as hell ) , because if I want to know something about Windows I will go to Windows Forums not from Apple Froums ( I am not Apple Fanboy but I change to Apple coz Windows sucks ), and I join here coz I want to know about Apple news not Windows . lol
    Apple a Day , PC away

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Something fast? Go for the new Samsung which they advertise as being very fast.
    See you back her e when you realise speed isn't everything....
    you're right, but i was very dissatisfied with the performance of the 3g compared to the 3gs which is noticeably faster. in that case, speed was very important for me. and i'm looking forward to even faster iphones.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The good thing I see on this, is that if google comes up with anything that can compete, or even beat the iphone, most likely will be on T-mobile so I won't have to worry about unlocking and not being able to update firmware untin the new jailbreak/unlock comes out

Green Apple
    Thanks
    If anyone has the sources to topple Apple it's Google. I don't think they will. Even after 2 versions of the G1 they haven't made any dent in the iPhone user base. I hope someone does make something better than an iPhone but I don't see anything coming remotely close enough to make even 15% of the current iPhone users even debate on buying something else for a few years. It's sad for me because I used Palm devices for the last 8 years and was praying for the Pre to be worth the hype, but even I couldn't support the Pre over my iPhone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    The good thing I see on this, is that if google comes up with anything that can compete, or even beat the iphone, most likely will be on T-mobile so I won't have to worry about unlocking and not being able to update firmware untin the new jailbreak/unlock comes out

^^^lol there owuld be no jailbreaking lol cause theres no cool apps for it, and cydia at the moment is not there lol wtf

Green Apple
    Thanks

The chances that this is true are ok but the chances that this would ever work are just wrong. Any app google could make for the iphone apple is just as capable of making but have such a great relationship with google that they wouldnt want to kill googles market. Also contrary to this idea that "im using all google apps why not use a google phone" my thing is im using all the google apps that are on any google phone and i also have millions of other apps at my disposal plus multi-touch a real ipod and a smooth operating system why ruin that?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bill69 For This Useful Post:

PlatoTheForms (08-30-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill69 View Post
    my thing is im using all the google apps that are on any google phone and i also have millions of other apps at my disposal plus multi-touch a real ipod and a smooth operating system why ruin that?
    dammit!! you said it like i wanted to say it. well done sir.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ddonuts4's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol the iPhone is far enough along that google will find it hard to catch up

Thanks

I am actually watching a movie on my iphone with a speck case stand. Im on my Air, so I don't think there is an iphone equal. Google could make a better phone but the iphone still exists. Apple proved to the world with 3.0 that the iphone has no equals in the remote area code.

Thanks

Ha ha ha, Google revenge for Google Voice.