Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AppStore does 40x business compared to Android, others

Thanks

Post AppStore does 40x business compared to Android, others
    AdMob, one of the pillars of the iPhone / iPod Touch 'ad network' brings out cool new facts about the AppStore - individually and compared to other markets that are really shocking.

Their study, which involved 1,100 iPhone, iPod Touch and Android Phone users reveal application usage patterns! According to the study, an average iPhone user downloads 10 apps a month, about 25% of which are paid whereas an iPod Touch user downloads 18 apps a month, 16 out of which are FREE.

It even unfolds the fact that about 50% of iPhone users pay for at least ONE app while only 40% iPod Touch users are likely to do so . . .

People talk about wanting to buy quality apps but the results of the survey are quite contrasting. In fact, iPhone users downloading 5 apps monthly spend $9.49, just a bit low as compared to iPod Touch users' expenditure of $9.79 for the same. Do you think there is a chance for big business houses to survive in this fairly small market? Many (NOT all) have been successful till now but not everyone is lucky.

Still, AppStore has shown that it has much more potential than any other 'app markets' out there - hear that Microsoft? In fact, while AppStore's market size is estimated to be a whooping $200 Million a month, Android Marketplace' market size is estimated to be a mere - 40x smaller for that matter - $5 Million! Think how smaller would be the number for Ovistore etc.

Overall, AppStore can really mature into a proper market if Apple continues to develop it but at a faster, much faster pace!

[AdMob]

P.S. These are mere statistics obtained from a sample of 1,100 users out of millions out there. Therefore, there's a huge chance of error.

Thanks

Sayam's trying to kick it up.
    Competition
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    Sayam's trying to kick it up.
    Competition
    Not really... been ill for past few weeks so posting was like scarce....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

.....i dont see the use of bragging really, Android is still in infancy, and has MUCH less users right now, compared to the iPhone, and theres also NO android media player, so the touch+iPhone comparison is really like 2 brothers that are really big fighting a 5 year old up....

How many of you still use those paid apps after one month. I still find that the free apps are the one's I use on a regular basis(remote,facebook,idisk,pandora,google,aim,sha zam,and the weather channel). What's your ratio of free vs. paid usage. That would be a good survey.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sayam View Post
    Not really... been ill for past few weeks so posting was like scarce....
    And the fact that the two new writers just got added is a complete coincidence

I have a couple paid apps. Most of them are games, except Navigon I think.
    Most of the useful apps have a free version
    Last edited by angiepangie; 08-27-2009 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    And the fact that the two new writers just got added is a complete coincidence

I have a couple paid apps. Most of them are games, except Navigon I think.
    Most of the useful apps have a free version
    LOL! either way

I splurged in the past week being stuck in the hospital and bought over a $100 in apps
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

Freaking rich jews -_- haha jkayyy

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

that used to be me

I probably only do 3 paid apps per month and the rest free apps.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple's strategy pushes forward... Global domination is iminent
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    I splurged in the past week being stuck in the hospital and bought over a $100 in apps
    I guess this is part of the long story?

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I guess this is part of the long story?
    Indeed. Basically my house had toxic mold and I was in the hospital for over a week....now I am living in a rental house and looking for new homes ugh
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Indeed. Basically my house had toxic mold and I was in the hospital for over a week....now I am living in a rental house and looking for new homes ugh
    Wow. I hate when that happens

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sayam View Post
    Still, AppStore has shown that it has much more potential than any other 'app markets' out there - hear that Microsoft? In fact, while AppStore's market size is estimated to be a whooping $200 Million a month, Android Marketplace' market size is estimated to be a mere - 40x smaller for that matter - $5 Million! Think how smaller would be the number for Ovistore etc.

Overall, AppStore can really mature into a proper market if Apple continues to develop it but at a faster, much faster pace!
    Is it just me or has ModMyI become an Apple fanboy site, for the past few days I've just been reading crap similar to this.

Yeh right, with the current AppStore practices I think they are not going to get anywhere.

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Thanks

haha i know how u feel
    i did the same with 2 surgeries over the summer stuck in the house for a month on 2 separate occasions

App store pwns