+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 97% Love iPhone 3GS 55% Dislike AT&T

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
According to the most recent ChangeWave survey the iPhone rates very high in customer approval while less than half of users like AT&T. The survey pulled nearly 2000 iPhone users
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,271 Times in 652 Posts

Default 97% Love iPhone 3GS 55% Dislike AT&T

According to the most recent ChangeWave survey the iPhone rates very high in customer approval while less than half of users like AT&T. The survey pulled nearly 2000 iPhone users to come up with their results.

The survey showed some interesting results with the iPhone getting a "near-perfect satisfaction rating." 8 out of 10 iPhone owners gave the device "very satisfied" while 17% said that they were "somewhat satisfied."

Paul Carton, research director at ChangeWave Research commented
    Extraordinary . . . That's the highest ratings we have ever had for any smartphone, including previous iPhones.
    The good news stopped there. The survey also covered iPhone users satisfaction with the carrier AT&T which yielded less than stellar results. 50% said that AT&T was the #1 dislike of the iPhone. 32% named iPhone lock-in with AT&T as their top dislike while 23% named AT&T's coverage, service, and data speeds as their top dislike. Those add up to 55% of the iPhone users polled naming AT&T and their #1 dislike.

These results come while AT&T is working on pushing their exclusivity contract with Apple through 2010. Survey results like these may make Apple think twice before continuing exclusivity in the US.

via computerworld

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I would love to see the iPhone with other carriers, I dont like Att. They can't even let the most advanced phone in the world have MMS? joke
    Last edited by hogcia; 08-20-2009 at 10:24 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

I would hate to see the iPhone with other carrier.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

inzandity (08-22-2009)

Thanks

Why? Everyone knows att service sucks, I would switch to verizon in a hart beat.

Thanks

When sitting in my bedroom, I would like my phone to still have full bars when i answer the phone, instead of going from full to 1, then dropping the call a few minutes later

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rescuer For This Useful Post:

xxfr0stbytexx (08-21-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone dman112's Avatar
    Thanks

Dude both verizon and AT&T suck. I don't even get good service at myhouse with verizon.i had to switch to AT&T. I agree though I don't like AT&T to much either but I don't think there is truly a solid cellphone service out there.

Thanks

T-Mobile and iPhone are the way to go.

Thanks

It all depends on where you are. The service at where i live is near perfect. Except when i get switched over to Edge.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickfranco5 View Post
    Recently after getting my phone bill this month for tmobile I saw they will start charging $1.50 now to send bills, if you dont want they fee, you have to go to the store which is kind of a pain. Otherwise yeah tmobile is the way to go.
    iPhone 4 16GB Jailbroken/Unlocked for T-Mobile USA with all the bells and whistles.

If I helped solve your problem, Press "Thanks!" for me ^^

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Why? Everyone knows att service sucks, I would switch to verizon in a hart beat.
    Ahaha what? I'd rather not have to call in every time I switch my phone, let alone have to deal with the ridiculously primitive OS on almost all of their phones. Besides that, I find that where I live (Long Island, New York) the only time I don't have full bars is when I'm at work, which I'll be reduced to 3 bars due to working in a factory with extensive amounts of wiring throughout the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickfranco5 View Post
    T-Mobile has absolutely horrible service compared to AT&T in my area, as almost all of my friends with various T-Mobile phones will attest to.

Thanks

I also live in longisland,ny (lindenhurst) The att voice service is not what bothers me, I hate the fact that 3G streaming for apps like sling player are available worldwide minus the US because att cant handle the traffic. NO mms and NO tethering support nether? att does not deserve the exclusive iphone contract, they simply cant meet demand. Get with the times att!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to hogcia For This Useful Post:

xxfr0stbytexx (08-21-2009)

Thanks

Verizon would have locked the iPhone down so hard it would make AT&T current stance on the iPhone look like jailbreaking.

And T-Mobile has no real future because supporting their 3G would mean excluding EVERYWHERE else's. Unless there's a fancy 3G chip that supports all possible frequencies.

Also, when it comes to network in general neither T-Mobile or Verizon would have done a better job than AT&T. Teh fact of the matter is that US of A is huge. Like really, really huge. Maintaining, upgrading, and expanding the cell phone infrastructure is a horribly expensive undertaking when compared to somewhere like Japan/UK, where you deal with a smaller land mass and more densely populated zones. The iPhone is simply too powerful for the current US cellphone network. It would have brought down any carrier.

And this is without official tethering support. That would absolutely kill urban hubs / big cities.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 08-20-2009 at 11:10 PM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Not surprising, also for the record ALL Cell phone companies blow. They are the ones that make "smart phones" in general worthless.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Thanks

love the iphone
    HATE AT&T
    wish the dislike number was higher than 55% lol

Thanks

I couldnt say if there was a better service than AT&T , but there service dont seem that bad . Coverage is decent . Would be nice to switch to a lower plan and not have to pay for the data plan .
    Just remember they brought us the iphone first .

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Verizon would have locked the iPhone down so hard it would make AT&T current stance on the iPhone look like jailbreaking.

And T-Mobile has no real future because supporting their 3G would mean excluding EVERYWHERE else's. Unless there's a fancy 3G chip that supports all possible frequencies.

Also, when it comes to network in general neither T-Mobile or Verizon would have done a better job than AT&T. Teh fact of the matter is that US of A is huge. Like really, really huge. Maintaining, upgrading, and expanding the cell phone infrastructure is a horribly expensive undertaking when compared to somewhere like Japan/UK, where you deal with a smaller land mass and more densely populated zones. The iPhone is simply too powerful for the current US cellphone network. It would have brought down any carrier.

And this is without official tethering support. That would absolutely kill urban hubs / big cities.
    With all due respect, regardless of the coverage level / service, the fact that there are more carriers for the phone will increase competition. This will decrease the ridiculous charges that AT&T places for the iPhone. I think we can all agree that this is the main reason why users unlock their phones with T-mobile - sacrificing some speed for a much lower bill.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks

Here's something to think about ... I'm on vacation in Europe Malmö, Sweden to be exact ( I live in Honolulu Hawaii) now I'm with AT&T and for there unlimited 3G network ( said to be the best of the best yeah right ) package it's like $40US I'm currently using another carrier "Telenor SE" that has 3G and higher explain why there charge is $8US ? I've been hammering the crap outta my phone downloading and everything and no extra cost. What gives AT&T the right to rape people on excessive bill charges when it iisnt nessary?

Thanks

You mean to tell me that the expenses of running a cell network in a tiny island is less than on the top third of a CONTINENT, leading to lower costs on the consumer? You don't say!!!

On semi-related news since people are somehow defending Verizon saying it wouldn't lock the iPhone more than AT&T:

Verizon Phones Will Have Verizon's App Store, No One Else's - Verizon - Gizmodo

Green Apple
    Thanks

i don't like att either, i wish apple would open up to other carriers... that would be great...

Thanks

Woops, you meant Sweden which goes back to my previous statement regarding network infrastructure in the US vs Europe. You can't just simply compare the two based on price

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast