+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 97% Love iPhone 3GS 55% Dislike AT&T

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I think what people hate more about att, verizon its the phone bill lol at least I do, if there wasn't a 2 year contract, high priced data plan, and
    iPhone? More like MyPhone GHOSTYAIRO's Avatar
    Thanks

I think what people hate more about att, verizon its the phone bill lol at least I do, if there wasn't a 2 year contract, high priced data plan, and worry about minutes or elevated money taker unlimited plan, I would sign up with att yet jailbreak my iPhone, I'd hate the iPhone turning on with the logo from verizon and their "customized" os, y'all know that would happen if verizon accepted the iPhone in the first place.

that would mean no AppStore, 1 more reason to hate verizon.

For now I'm happy as clam with my iPhone 3G and T-Mobile paying 80 bucks a month no contract (although I'd love so much actual 3G not just edge)
    Speaking of which I didn't pay my phone bill this month (no extra charges or late fees love u tmobile), so my phone has been off for 2 days, no sms no calls but i still have internet
    Last edited by GHOSTYAIRO; 08-21-2009 at 11:13 AM.
    αGoD HaS THe⌃oF My LiFe aND i DoN'T WaNNa⎋*Ⓘ♡Ⓜⓨⓘⓗⓞⓝⓔ

adp
    Thanks

Ok, well whether you agree/disagree of AT&T having "good service," wouldn't you agree that having more carriers would increase competition amongst iPhone users, hence lowering the ridiculous data prices for AT&T? This is a very strong reason for people disliking the carrier. I am not going to get into coverage/service, but $70 for iphone data? Seriously? I pay $9.99 with T-mobile. I still get internet, still get awesome coverage, as you do with AT&T. Sure, I sacrifice 3G and Visual Voicemail. But for this economic state, that's a lot better than spending $100/month for one line. This is why we need more official carriers.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

only satisfied with jailbroken iphone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, you can download the OS's own store, but how many people are honestly going to know to do that?

That's from your own link.
    Last edited by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL; 08-21-2009 at 12:26 PM.

Lovely

Not

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willie498 View Post
    Recently after getting my phone bill this month for tmobile I saw they will start charging $1.50 now to send bills, if you dont want they fee, you have to go to the store which is kind of a pain. Otherwise yeah tmobile is the way to go.
    ppl still mail checks? lol you can always pay online.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jamriman's Avatar
    Thanks

Constant dropouts. In NYC it basically sucks. Apple has to hook up with Verizon. Much more reliable.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by casanova1ne View Post
    Here's something to think about ... I'm on vacation in Europe Malmö, Sweden to be exact ( I live in Honolulu Hawaii) now I'm with AT&T and for there unlimited 3G network ( said to be the best of the best yeah right ) package it's like $40US I'm currently using another carrier "Telenor SE" that has 3G and higher explain why there charge is $8US ? I've been hammering the crap outta my phone downloading and everything and no extra cost. What gives AT&T the right to rape people on excessive bill charges when it iisnt nessary?
    Just wanted to say how jealous I am. Not of the $8 you pay, but because I was in Sweden this time last year, and loved it. Want to go back sometime real soon. Have fun!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I love my iPhone on T-Mobile with web2go. I don't need no stinkin' expensive 3G plan. I got internet at home and work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with the mod, happy noodle boy.

verizon is hideous, starting with the plans you pay per month and what you get for that plan.

t-mobile is even worse,
    friends frequently have little to no reception in a lot of places they go and horrible customer service 7/10 times.

whenever I have had a problem with at&t / troubleshooting, I would always call their support line, and they would ALWAYS help me. Because they are taking longer to roll out faster data speeds and other cool things doesnt mean you need to rate them poorly based on what they dont have YET.

You want to see the iPhone go to another carrier for the US? Why? So you can expect a lower data plan? Im sorry but theres no way in hell you will see a lower data plan than $30/mo. That is what APPLE and AT&T agreed on. Do you honestly think that Apple switching to another carrier would give you the option of having a lower priced data plan or not having a data plan on the iPhone at all? ABSOLUTELY NOT. LIKE I SAID BEFORE $30/mo is what APPLE AND AT&T agreed on.

You might ask why we dont have MMS yet? Because people using 3.0 beta found a way to unlock MMS - in which Apple and AT&T did not want people using yet. AT&T's only way to lock MMS was to write the opt out mms coding for each user. How do you think another company would have gone about this dilemma? Probably the exact same way -- which means you would STILL be waiting for MMS to arrive on ANY OTHER CARRIER.

Naive people annoy me the most.
    Sorry for the heated post. Just look at what you have rather than being against at&t.
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

psh... comon people its sprint+iphone... sprint got 4g and everything, they even have the palm pre!! Get the iphone working on sprints 4g , should be way cheaper.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ForumSnoBorderRK View Post

You might ask why we dont have MMS yet? Because people using 3.0 beta found a way to unlock MMS - in which Apple and AT&T did not want people using yet. AT&T's only way to lock MMS was to write the opt out mms coding for each user. How do you think another company would have gone about this dilemma?
    That's BS. MMS has been disabled on iPhone plans long before 3.0 beta. And why wouldn't they want iPhone users using MMS anyway? Millions of people have MMS capable phones on AT&T and AT&T is fine with that.

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ForumSnoBorderRK View Post
    You want to see the iPhone go to another carrier for the US? Why? So you can expect a lower data plan? Im sorry but theres no way in hell you will see a lower data plan than $30/mo. That is what APPLE and AT&T agreed on. Do you honestly think that Apple switching to another carrier would give you the option of having a lower priced data plan or not having a data plan on the iPhone at all? ABSOLUTELY NOT. LIKE I SAID BEFORE $30/mo is what APPLE AND AT&T agreed on.
    Wow. No offense to you, but if you would have been in a leadership position during the civil rights era, there would be segregation this date. Why the pessimism? Just because AT&T wants to charge such a high rate a month for data does not mean the other carriers will. We live in a capitalistic society (for now...) and competition has always been proven to work in favor of lowering prices. Why are some people so eager to keep one stupid carrier? I'm not forcing you to switch, all I'm saying is GIVE PEOPLE OTHER OPTIONS.

I'll keep my T-mobile, jailbreak and my money. You keep your monopoly.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GHOSTYAIRO's Avatar
    Thanks

^ well said. I totally agree, what's good for me maybe bad for anyone else, this is matter of opininios.
    personaly i stay with tmobile, they have give me 100% excelent support and whenever I had a problem they successfully fixed it. About the signal for me its just perfect, I know in some areas sucks but for me its really ok. And like it or not tmobile data plan is way cheaper than att

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

I dont know if apple will ever switch. Most people dont know this but apple went to verizon first before the iphone released and ask them to carry it and they said no. So then apple went to att and thats how the deal went down. I dont think it would be smart for apple to drop att completely so if i new deal goes down with verizon or any other carrier i wouldnt think it would be exclusive with them as it is now with Att....
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

T-Mobile charges $24.99 for 3G data or $34.99 for Data and messaging. - Expanding 3G coverage rapidly and still charging less.

Sprint charges about the same, but has the best unlimited plan among all. - MORE coverage than AT&T and FASTER data with EV-DO REV.A

Where are you getting this misinformation that other carriers would charge "the same as AT&T"? Ignorance?

Verizon can charge their higher costs because their network coverage is the best..

AT&T has nerve because their 3G is horrible. What's good for you isn't good for everyone else.

AT&T didn't want people using the MMS, not Apple. Talk about naive, stop drowning in the AT&T koolaid.

Lovely

Not

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

There is no such thing as competition between cell phone carriers. In fact, they work with each other most of the time. It's why text messaging prices went UP a couple of years ago when running the services became cheaper.

It's also why all of them are undress investigation from the FCC. If the iPhone went elsewhere you would have better odds betting on all prices related to it going UP since they'd no longer be exclusive and have no reason to sell so cheap to attract new costumers.

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    There is no such thing as competition between cell phone carriers. In fact, they work with each other most of the time. It's why text messaging prices went UP a couple of years ago when running the services became cheaper.
    The cost of T-Mobile and AT&T cannot be compared. I'm sorry, but I have never heard of AT&T charging $19.99/month for unlimited data and unlimited text messaging (for an iPhone). This is what I pay in T-Mobile. Try going to billshrink.com (independent site) to prove the wide differences amongst different carriers. I actually tried it and it gave me the plan that I'm currently on. The comparable plan for AT&T was about $50 more per month.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

AT&T is the busiest phone carrier in the US, cellular and 3g. iPhones are selling good and have made it easy and nice to use web in a mobile device. This was hoped for, but not expected in such quantity;the reason AT&T are in the process of upgrading their service to more capacity and faster speeds.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have several Iphones and all under ATT service. I will be dropping the Iphone if it remains on the ATT network. I have never dropped as many calls in my whole mobile life as I do in one day with the IPhone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

@Ydenyse:
    Yes, they were blocked. But then unblocked as 3.0 beta was released, which was why people were able to finally use the MMS feature throughout OS 3.0 beta 3-4 with a simple IPCC carrier file modification. When they were RE BLOCKED by AT&T, they added that MMS Opt out code that we've all heard about, which basically prohibits any way to use a carrier file to enable MMS; Apple was fully involved with this as well when iTunes 8.2 was released without the option to update the iPhone IPCC carrier files (which helped people enable MMS).

@adp:
    what makes you think that the prices will be lowered? think about the entire profit they obtain over a 24 month basis. Do you honestly think that they would give up what they are currently receiving for another company to be eligible to sell the iPhone? The only reason why you have such a good deal with t-mobile right now is because you're tricking them into thinking you are carrying one of their other phones that only has EDGE network capabilities.

Now, if you've had a LEGITIMATE plan with T-Mobile and Apple, do you honestly think that T-Mobile will give out their 3G access for such a low rate (and Apple would agree on that rate)? As a user above stated, it is $24.99 a month for a 3G data plan from T-Mobile.

@GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL:
    It's obviously not hard facts, but I am thinking realistically. - Verizon has the Blackberry Storm. The data plan for that is $30/mo. Just like the iPhone.
    - Sprint has the Palm Pre, which requires a $99 simply everything plan. (but if im not mistaken I think there was a way around this)
    - T-Mobile has the G1, which is $25.99 for unlimited 3G.
    How are you going to say it was only AT&T that didnt want people using MMS? You obviously have not been in this scene for too long if you're calling me naive. As I said above, when apple released iTunes 8.2, the ability to ADD A NEW CARRIER FILE to the iPhone was GONE. Why? Because they knew people tried modifying the file to enable their MMS.

Once again, exactly what Happy Noodle Boy said, their isnt competition between companies; if anything it's the opposite, which is why the FCC is getting involved.
    Last edited by ForumSnoBorderRK; 08-21-2009 at 09:16 PM.
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]