+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 97% Love iPhone 3GS 55% Dislike AT&T

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I was happy with Cingular, been a long time customer. I loathe Verizon too. I upgraded my 2g iPhone to 3gs white on 7/16 and had 3g problems from day
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I was happy with Cingular, been a long time customer. I loathe Verizon too. I upgraded my 2g iPhone to 3gs white on 7/16 and had 3g problems from day one. I would have SWORE that it was ATT fault. Everyone kept telling me to just switch off the 3g. Wrong answer. Finally made a Genius appt for 8/11, got a new unit after being told the antenna was defective. Ive not had one (ZERO) problem in the last 10 days. It was not ATT but in fact a defective Apple product. Now we all get in these 'I hate' ruts. I guess I was too against ATT in my mind to believe it was the phone. That being said, I still love and drool over this phone and am now happy with both the service and the unit. Just my 2 cents.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Tripo Post Combo: Sweden seriously rocks. No contest. They're closing down jails there BECAUSE THERE ISNT ENOUGH CRIME TO SUPPORT THEM. They also have the best public education in the world.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ya that would be a dream i would switch to Sprint as fast as possible But i do like using Tmobile tho so im good for now

Green Apple
    Thanks

I LOVE my brand new 3GS.. and hate at&t's coverage.. I guess I've made my peace with Customer Service & Cost.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah ATT has been one huge fail. like how the hell is MMS not ready and really no internet tethering at all. not to mention their service is total balls! at this point i would accept any other carrier! hopefully tmobile or maybe verizon..... i dont know but they need to pass the torch

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

I would definitely be happier with Verizon or Sprint's service. It still hurts to think about the awesome plan I had with Sprint and ditched it for the first gen. iPhone. Their service was excellent and had great customer service (IMO).
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have to agree with Happy Noodle Boy. People have got to stop comparing US cell service to European countries. It's a lot easier to cover a small are with then it is a big country like ours. I have been with Sprint and would never make that mistake again with there constant issues over over charging me and having to call customer service to have the bill fixed every month. I also agree that Verizon would have locked down the iphone so hard that everyone would have to jailbreak it just to make it worth having plus they are still running on old hardware and who wants to have to call them every time you get a new phone. As to everyone who is crying about mms, use email most phones now have it and support it and here's the kicker it's free. Unless you like paying that extra charge on top of the already expensive $30 data charge. Oh and to you T-Mobile fans out there how do you enjoy your almost non existent 3g network. The only thing they have going for them is there hot spokes model. I will stick with ATT with whom I've never had any issues with and my coverage has been solid the entire time I've been with them.

Thanks

I hate when people complain about service issues when the only service issues they have are when they are inside their house. Me and my friends and family back home all have different carriers and often depending whose house we are in someone's reception is awful. It's not just at&t that does this, and it's not just verizon. So this is not a good reason to ***** about it. Either way, I think that Apple should not keep the exclusivity contract mainly because of how much At&t limits them (mms, slingplayer, etc.). I also think it would be a much better business strategy for them to open up to other networks. I'm sure their market share would grow unbelievably if they did so.
    iEat. iSleep. iPhone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Att is so damn expensive even with service discount. The prices is keep going up. Tons of drop called. Customer Service is suck. I'm dislike att bit I didn't get to vote.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Verizon would have locked the iPhone down so hard it would make AT&T current stance on the iPhone look like jailbreaking.

And T-Mobile has no real future because supporting their 3G would mean excluding EVERYWHERE else's. Unless there's a fancy 3G chip that supports all possible frequencies.

Also, when it comes to network in general neither T-Mobile or Verizon would have done a better job than AT&T. Teh fact of the matter is that US of A is huge. Like really, really huge. Maintaining, upgrading, and expanding the cell phone infrastructure is a horribly expensive undertaking when compared to somewhere like Japan/UK, where you deal with a smaller land mass and more densely populated zones. The iPhone is simply too powerful for the current US cellphone network. It would have brought down any carrier.

And this is without official tethering support. That would absolutely kill urban hubs / big cities.
    I sure wish more people would understand this, but the general populous is simply ignorant and all they can do is demand MORE MORE MORE. Lots of people love Verizon. I was screwed in a contract with them and will do all that I can to stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by andypropaganda View Post
    I hate when people complain about service issues when the only service issues they have are when they are inside their house. Me and my friends and family back home all have different carriers and often depending whose house we are in someone's reception is awful. It's not just at&t that does this, and it's not just verizon. So this is not a good reason to ***** about it. Either way, I think that Apple should not keep the exclusivity contract mainly because of how much At&t limits them (mms, slingplayer, etc.). I also think it would be a much better business strategy for them to open up to other networks. I'm sure their market share would grow unbelievably if they did so.
    I agree... somewhat. To a person whos main line is their cellphone (and at these prices it may as well be, right?) This can be an inconvenience. To this date Verizon has been the best with coverage indoors for me, but ATT isn;t too far behind to be honest. Good enough, at least, for me not to complain.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 08-21-2009 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    Ahaha what? I'd rather not have to call in every time I switch my phone, let alone have to deal with the ridiculously primitive OS on almost all of their phones. Besides that, I find that where I live (Long Island, New York) the only time I don't have full bars is when I'm at work, which I'll be reduced to 3 bars due to working in a factory with extensive amounts of wiring throughout the building.

T-Mobile has absolutely horrible service compared to AT&T in my area, as almost all of my friends with various T-Mobile phones will attest to.
    Verizon doesn't lock their smartphones down anymore, and T-Mobile is upgrading their network with a huge amount of 3G rollouts. T-Mobile 3G is better than AT&T 3G if you have it.

Lovely

Not

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    Verizon doesn't lock their smartphones down anymore, and T-Mobile is upgrading their network with a huge amount of 3G rollouts. T-Mobile 3G is better than AT&T 3G if you have it.
    Ahem, Verizon Phones Will Have Verizon's App Store, No One Else's - Verizon - Gizmodo

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

The only gripe i have with att is the price of the service for the iphone.
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andypropaganda View Post
    I have to say that If you want them to open it up and not have a esclusivity contract that fine. My opinion is that all carriers should open up and have the same phones this way If you want the Iphone but not on ATT then you go buy it from what ever carrier you want it on. With this the market would be a little more competiitve. As of now that doesn't look like that will ever happen. Each carrier has it's own exclusivity with differn't makers to keep that phone on there service and know one else. People need to realize that it's not just apple with ATT, it's all cell phone makers and carriers. So please stop your *****ing about this.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willie498 View Post
    Recently after getting my phone bill this month for tmobile I saw they will start charging $1.50 now to send bills, if you dont want they fee, you have to go to the store which is kind of a pain. Otherwise yeah tmobile is the way to go.
    I somewhat disagree with that statement. First off the T-mobile 3g frequency doesn't even work with the iphone. Also, T-Mobile has the LOWEST 3G coverage in the US. Although i don't like AT&T all that much they are rated number 2 as far as network coverage and 3g coverage. T-Mobile is only good for more mins with lower bills they suck when it comes to data coverage..unless you're happy with edge than more power to you. Verizon has the best coverage hands down..but i like having a GSM iphone since i travel a lot. Just pop in an international SIM card and i'm good to go! Oh yes and sprint...ehhh they're alright but they're right above T-Mobile..their coverage is not that wide at all.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well im a canadian user so i cant ***** at at&t but i dont believe in their surveys ,its easy to say your extremely satisfied by the phone when you just switched from a krazer or other **** phones ,i have both a N95 nokia and an iphone and out of the 2 the nokia works way better ,maybe not as exciting as my 3gs but phone wise to make and receive calls it doesnt get close.dont get me wrong i love my iphone but im not a fanboy when it comes to apple so i would say im satisfied but not extremely ,i never was with the iphone and owned all 3 generations,the 3gs so far is the one with the most battery issues for me ,i really dont understand that 97% are extremely satisfied by it and dont believe it one bit ,my 2 cents on the subject.cheers

Ps: i use both phones on the same network and the nokia never goes down where the iphone does ,so a lot of you seems to think it is network related when most of the time its the phone which has issues .all of you guys should try other phones in the same places your iphone fails to pickup network you might be surprised and find out the 50% if not more of the time its the phone not the network
    Last edited by hackfiles; 08-21-2009 at 10:11 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

agreed, love the iphone. very displeased with AT&T exclusivity.

Thanks

I hate AT&T as a corporation, but I honestly wouldnt want to switch from AT&T with my iPhone if their plans didnt bend me over so far!!
    I pay an average of $103 mo., and I get...
    1400 minutes
    1500 SMS messages, NO MMS Message ability
    Unlimited data

Sprint on the other hand, for $100 mo., i'd get...
    UNLIMITED Minutes
    UNLIMITED SMS AND MMS Messages
    UNLIMITED Data
    Turn-by-Turn Navi
    Sprint TV
    etc, etc, etc...

Similar features from AT&T (and they don't even have them all) would be over $270 mo.

AT&T uses the ''iPhone exclusive'' as an excuse to NOT be competitive, and to rip people off!!! Count me into that 55%.

Meanwhile... all these losers with 400 FICO scores pay $40 a month flat to Criket or MetroPCS and can unlimited text and babble 24-7 to nobody about nothing!!!
    Last edited by TheOnlyest; 08-21-2009 at 10:36 AM.
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hackfiles View Post
    Well im a canadian user so i cant ***** at at&t but i dont believe in their surveys ,its easy to say your extremely satisfied by the phone when you just switched from a krazer or other **** phones ,i have both a N95 nokia and an iphone and out of the 2 the nokia works way better ,maybe not as exciting as my 3gs but phone wise to make and receive calls it doesnt get close.dont get me wrong i love my iphone but im not a fanboy when it comes to apple so i would say im satisfied but not extremely ,i never was with the iphone and owned all 3 generations,the 3gs so far is the one with the most battery issues for me ,i really dont understand that 97% are extremely satisfied by it and dont believe it one bit ,my 2 cents on the subject.cheers

Ps: i use both phones on the same network and the nokia never goes down where the iphone does ,so a lot of you seems to think it is network related when most of the time its the phone which has issues .all of you guys should try other phones in the same places your iphone fails to pickup network you might be surprised and find out the 50% if not more of the time its the phone not the network
    This is very true! I love the iPhone but it doesn't hand signals as well as other phones. I continuously have dropped signals but that usually depends on my location. This is usually at work though..i guess it's the building other places it does a good job.

Thanks

I for one am very happy with both my iPhone 3G S and AT&T. I have never had a problem with them and I ALWAYS have a signal. I'd be fine with the iPhone staying with AT&T because I probably wont use any other service. The only problem I have with AT&T (which isn't really that big of a deal) is that my 3G data can be a little sluggish at times. I've found them to be very reliable and I've been with them for so long I have a plan that hasn't been offered for years that's low cost with PLENTY of minutes and unlimited everything else. So I'm happy with my iPhone and my service.

Oh and I haven't even had but maybe 2 dropped calls since I've been using the iPhone and that was with the first gen. My 3G and 3G S haven't dropped a call.
    Last edited by A_DuB187; 08-21-2009 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4