Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 8.6% of iPhones Jailbroken and Rising

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Saurik's server tells how many people are jailbroken and other stats too.
    That is a small percentage, I thought at least 40% of iPhones were jailbroken, 1 in 5 iPhone I saw wasn't jailbroken
    Running latest Saurik's number the % of Jailbroken phones is closer to 5%. If you take into account ALL iPhone sales (so total units sold), the number is even less (close to 2%)

Absolutely no idea how these guys got their numbers, but I doubt it's that much.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Banned
    Thanks

Default yep
    the latest rise in jailbreaking is from Apple advertising it. If they kept thier mouth shut and didnt say anything about it then people wont know about it but as they keep going on about it then people want ot know what all the fuss is about then they jailbreak thier phones.

Apple, if you really want to stop jailbreaking then SHUT UP! Easy as that. Why advertise for someting you dont want.
    Another thing is give the people what they want then there will be no reason to jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Another thing is give the people what they want then there will be no reason to jailbreak.
    What, make every app in the story free just like the majority of people jailbreak to pirate?

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

im part of that 8.6%

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    What, make every app in the story free just like the majority of people jailbreak to pirate?
    lol.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

i thought it was way more!
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

Green Apple
    Thanks

The other 91.4% of people are either too lazy or to computer retarded to do it themselves. Once you know the benefits (and how easy it is to reverse should you ever need to), there's really no reason not to jailbreak your phone.

Wake up Apple. Make the phone do what Jailbreakers are making it do and nobody would ever have to jailbreak. Is the concept really that hard to grasp?

and I'm 1 of the jailbreakers...YEaH!!!
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Jubah
    Jubah Online
    Jubah Muslimah
    Baju Hari Raya
    Baju Muslimah
    Baju Raya 2013
    Baju Kurung
    Baby Clothes

Jailbreak = your style + prefect iPhone
    So keep the Jailbreak going guys

Thanks

I think a major factor in raising the percentage of jailbroken iPhones is simplicity. You guys know a lot of the people that are buying iPhones aren't that good with computers in the first place.

I know we tend to think that Redsn0w is easy to use but if you put someone that just bought they're iPhone in front of it they're not going to know WTF to do. I think a major key to bringing more people to jailbreaking will be "one-click" software. You know something that you're average Joe off the street can use. Just plug it in, press one button, wait a couple minutes, and then it's done. That's what I think it's going to take.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ like purplera1n ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stealthbravo View Post
    ^ like purplera1n ? :d
    exactly!
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by A_DuB187 View Post
    I think a major factor in raising the percentage of jailbroken iPhones is simplicity. You guys know a lot of the people that are buying iPhones aren't that good with computers in the first place.

I know we tend to think that Redsn0w is easy to use but if you put someone that just bought they're iPhone in front of it they're not going to know WTF to do. I think a major key to bringing more people to jailbreaking will be "one-click" software. You know something that you're average Joe off the street can use. Just plug it in, press one button, wait a couple minutes, and then it's done. That's what I think it's going to take.
    Most people I know with iPhones don't want to JB.
    If you do want to you would have to be pretty stupid not to be able to use RedSn0w and probably wouldn't benefit from being JB anyway.

Last I heard Saurick had over 4million unique IDs - I thought sales were about 40Million - please give me more up to date figures if I'm wrong.

That equates to 1 in 10 so 8.6% is about right but I'd like to know where they get their figures.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sadhunni View Post
    YAY for Jailbreak. If apple gives us more options (carriers), we dont have to go this way. I hope they realized that why we jailbreak our iphones because is cheaper for the same kind of service and i didnt mean the 3G service.
    Ha?
    Apple gives us plnty of options, 65000 apps, 8G, 16G, 32G, 3G or 3Gs. decisions decisions.
    any more decisions/options out heads would explode.(sarcasm)

I would not run an iphone not jailbroken.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    the latest rise in jailbreaking is from Apple advertising it. If they kept thier mouth shut and didnt say anything about it then people wont know about it but as they keep going on about it then people want ot know what all the fuss is about then they jailbreak thier phones.

Apple, if you really want to stop jailbreaking then SHUT UP! Easy as that. Why advertise for someting you dont want.
    I thinkapple wants people to jailbreak.
    I relate jailbreaking to muscle cars.
    off the show room floor a muscle car is pretty darn good, but can be taken further to make it unbelievable. the auto maker makes a ton of cars but delivers them to the customer with a very conservative configuration that will allow a warranty to be offered with minimal risk that parts will ever need to be replaced.
    But yet you see the car makers with their names splashed all over the cars on race day, hmmm

apple says no to jailbreaking. More people suddenly start wondering what in the world jailbreaking is. They discover it, they tell a friend and so on. then they show a friend what the jailbroken phone is capable of and they go out and buy one. Then apple says no warranty and leaves the forums to provide first level of service to jailbreakers. then when there are other issues arise those jailbreakers will go to the forum first before calling apple or an apple service. this saves apple $$$$ in support, brings out the capability of the iphone and sparing additional development expenses. the new tricks and features the jailbreak offers sells more phones and apple walks away with money falling out of their pockets.
    Last edited by bruinsrme; 08-15-2009 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

proof that 91.4% of iPhone users don't know what the hell their phones can really do.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    proof that 91.4% of iPhone users don't know what the hell their phones can really do.
    AGREE.....
    There are few peoples that i know who own iphone just because it is "IPHONE" whithout knowing what iphone can do.....hehe.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Jubah
    Jubah Online
    Jubah Muslimah
    Baju Hari Raya
    Baju Muslimah
    Baju Raya 2013
    Baju Kurung
    Baby Clothes

Thanks

I jailbroke my 3GS only a few weeks ago because most of the features I wanted were satisfied in 3.0. All I really wanted was backgrounder and maybe status notifier... Does that mean that I'm too stupid to know what jailbreaking does? Personally my opinion of JB'ing has dropped somewhat- from what I've seen, it's becoming more of a pissing contest between parties and a viaduct for app piracy than anything else.
    Last edited by dale1v; 08-16-2009 at 02:10 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I meant give them the ability to customize THEIR iphones the way they want to.
    Have it unlocked to work on any service.
    Give it the features of a normal phone. (full bluetooth, video recorder, etc)

I have no choice but to jailbreak having a first gen iphone in Australia.
    If it was unlocked then there would be less chance of it being jailbreaked.

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    I jailbroke my 3GS only a few weeks ago because most of the features I wanted were satisfied in 3.0. All I really wanted was backgrounder and maybe status notifier... Does that mean that I'm too stupid to know what jailbreaking does? Personally my opinion of JB'ing has dropped somewhat- from what I've seen, it's becoming more of a pissing contest between parties and a viaduct for app piracy than anything else.
    Good Point. I thought, at first jailbreaking would parallel open source style structure. I can see capitalism and egoism has greatly hindered the possibility of this happening. That would suck if this gets ruined due to those two factors.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast