Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Attachment Saver - Save Mail.app Attachments

awesome! i got it working thanks to your help. im a total newb when it comes to this iphone stuff lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobgaul View Post
    awesome! i got it working thanks to your help. im a total newb when it comes to this iphone stuff lol.

No prob., everyone was a noob once. Except me. I popped out of the womb and punched the doctor in the face for trying to rush me. jp roflmao

Default Hey!
    Quote Originally Posted by and1gator View Post
    This thing works like a charm. This is the cool
    work around to
    actually edit email attachments (Word, Excel, etc.) directly on the phone without having to purchase QuickOffice Exchange version.

I don't have Microsoft Exchange email.
    Once you save the file via AttachmentSaver find the file in iFile and then copy it to the Local Files folder of QuickOffice ( /var/mobile/Applications/LONG
    STRING*OF*NUMBERS*& LETTERS OF*WHATEVER*FOLDER*HAS*QUICKOFFICE/Documents). Once the attachment is there you open QuickOffice and edit then email out.

Look out Blackberry! LOL.
    How do u copy it over to QuickOffice?
    Can u do it direct in the iFile app to QOffice app?
    Or do I have to do it via SSH/CyberDuck (in Mac)?
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

Quote Originally Posted by maz View Post
    How do u copy it over to QuickOffice?
    Can u do it direct in the iFile app to QOffice app?
    Or do I have to do it via SSH/CyberDuck (in Mac)?
    I copied it using iFile to the folder that QuickOffice stores local documents into.

You have to manually search for that folder the first time in iFile or use Netatalk and look for the folder that way on your computer via Finder just so you can reference it. I think that method is actually faster when trying to locate items in those folders with the long obscure names of numbers and letters.

The directory to look into for the QuickOffice folder is
    /var/mobile/Applications/LONG
    STRING*OF*NUMBERS*& LETTERS OF*WHATEVER*FOLDER*HAS*QUICKOFFICE/Documents

You'll have to look through all the folders and once you find it just go into iFile and then bookmark the location and save it.

I would also just bookmark the location of where the attachments get saved which is /var/mobile/Library/Attachments.

Now you can copy the file regularly just alike any other in iFile to the QuickOffice Document folder.

Open up QuickOffice and you should see your document when you click the icon that says On "whatever your iPhone's name is". There you will see the locally saved files.

I know that was a bit longwinded but once you set it up it's quite an easy process. This app was well worth the $2.

Good luck.

Will it support mBox Mail Appstore?

Thanks

Default Modify the location?
    I'm also using AttachmentSaver with iFile and QuickOffice.

FIRST WISH
    I would like to be able to change the location that AttachmentSaver defaults to to the same location for QuickOffice.
    Is this possible?

SECOND WISH
    is there anyway for iFile to recognise that QuickOffice or DTG is installed and use them instead for Word, Excel, etc?
    iFile seams to only associate to the defaul iPhone apps.

THIRD WISH
    Apple to get there crap together. This should not be this hard todo what PALM OS and Windows Mobile have had for 5+ years.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I purchased this when it first came out and still haven't been able to download it. I
    keep getting a "forbidden" message. Please help ([email protected])

I can't seem to pay for it & then downloading it.

Is anyone else having these problems.

Louise

Anybody else have a problem copying and pasting photos from Photos.app?

I can no longer use the "copy button" to copy photos from the Photos app and paste them into an email.

Instead of the photo i get a small icon with a jpg extension. The photo itself does not get copied. I like to use the "copy" button instead of the "share" button when I need to send a photo in full size as the "share" button resizes the photo.

I disabled all my other extensions to make sure it was this one giving me the problem.
    If I disable all the extensions except attachment saver the bug still exists.
    As soon as I disable attachment saver the photos copy like they are supposed to.

I did the same thing you did. And although the small picture icon is white the file actually does get copied and sent through the email. Yeah it sucks but it looks like the images do indeed get sent. I am using AttachmentSaver as well.

The only thing it looks like you lose is the mini preview of the pic. But if you are indeed copying it then you will know what it looks like.

Hope that helps some.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to and1gator For This Useful Post:

unregistered (08-16-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by and1gator View Post
    I did the same thing you did. And although the small picture icon is white the file actually does get copied and sent through the email. Yeah it sucks but it looks like the images do indeed get sent. I am using AttachmentSaver as well.

The only thing it looks like you lose is the mini preview of the pic. But if you are indeed copying it then you will know what it looks like.

Hope that helps some.

I started to reply to your post and tell you "that didn't work for me."
    well, the last few times i tried it it didn't. All that got emailed was an empty or corrupt .jpg file. well now its working perfectly.
    Go figure.

LOL. Cool mehn....

iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Thanks

finally!!
    deff gonna need this during the school year

I just got iFile and want to find my custom ringtone folder you know the ones that I make on my pc & sync with iTunes not the stash/ringtones folder that's not the same ones.

Hi,
    maybe I found a little bug. After installing AttachmentSaver I can't insert ICS files in the iphone calendar, which are attached in an email, anymore.
    After the dialog "Save / View" and clicking on "View" there is only a white screen. Actually it should open the calendar.app and insert the event.

thank you very much

Hi Guys

Bought this on Cydia and also ifile app. How can I edit the .xml or .doc file when i donload the attachment???

This app is spot on. Works a charm other than trying to get it working sweetly with QuickOffice.

I have tried renaming the "Attachments" folder and creating a symbolic link in its place (names "attachments") that points to my QuickOffice dir however no files seem to be getting saved there.

I'm a bit of a noob at this but I do think I'm onto something, and that the problem is possibly with the permissions. Hopefully somebody else can figure this out for us all (or the dev will allow custom location saving )

Default Attachment Saver -is it a real app?
    Cydia cannot find the source and it is not available via Rock...
    Does this app actually exist? If so, how can it be installed?

anybody know if this works on i4 yet?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast