Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPush should be live soon!

I dont know if its been mentioned, but because of server problems, GPush was temporarily taken down from the App Store. I think the developer said the app should be live again sometime today. To keep you posted, Gmail Push 4 iPhone (GPush4iPhone) on Twitter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Exclamation GriP_GrowL
    when did GriP become available?.....i only know of the beta testing by ikeyx...have to ssh into device..

(quote) the nosyt (page1)

"I have the PushMod and GriP from Cydia both installed and I have my Mail app check every minute and have notifications pop up every email i get all WITHOUT having another icon cluttering up my springboard. "

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________

ok never mind

to anybody who is interested...here you go

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...-released.html
    Last edited by rhekt; 08-09-2009 at 02:15 PM.
    killall Terminal[]

I think this is sick. No idea why anybody would think its pointless. Will be getting this as soon as it pops up in the app store.

There are so many free alternatives to get push badges for gmail it astounds me people think this is a good idea.

Pro-tip: when the developer has to pull the app because it can't handle the stress of the people who bought it in a couple of hours, that's a BAD thing.

PS: Fetch is hardly a battery drain.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 08-09-2009 at 05:20 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    There are so many free alternatives to get push badges for gmail it astounds me people think this is a good idea.
    Like?

And it's not just the badges. It's the text notifications that I'm looking forward to.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Thanks

I've heard people who already downloaded this are having problems with the network and push?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Hmmm...thats weird. I haven't heard of any. Care to enlighten me?

Thanks

I'm anxious. Patiently waiting. But anxious.

Follow his twitter: Gmail Push 4 iPhone (GPush4iPhone) on Twitter

isn't there a way to have your GV notify your email of SMS?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Quote Originally Posted by RandyC View Post
    Hmmm...thats weird. I haven't heard of any. Care to enlighten me?
    Let me google that for you

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Google just needs to bring push mail to the iPhone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone posrjak's Avatar
    Thanks

Any word on when this will be out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by posrjak View Post
    Any word on when this will be out.
    Their twitter says: "Today's key scaling issue has been resolved - programmers still working hard - would like to thank everyone for their continued patience". Follow them here: Gmail Push 4 iPhone (GPush4iPhone) on Twitter

Thanks

Thanks that is great news. Ready to "PUSH" the buy button on Gpush.

There is also PushMail:

iTunes Store

Get your mail Gmail / Hotmail / Unix / business / and many others pushed to your iPhone or your iPod Touch!

The GPush alternative: PushMail pushes notifications to iPhones/iPod Touches running OS 3.0 when you receive an email. The application lets you register a username for the dopushmail.com domain after which each email sent to @dopushmail.com will push a notification to your device. All you need to do then is to redirect a copy of the emails for which you want to be notified to your @dopushmail.com address.

Benefits:

- Easy setup with Gmail, Hotmail, Unix servers and any mail provider that allows for automatic redirection

- Works for an unlimited number of accounts

- No need to give away your email credentials

- No notification flood: by setting up rules for transfering only the emails you really care about

- Improved productivity: you only check email if you know it is necessary

---------------------------

It does Gmail, and ANY other email that supports forwarding. It's more pricy though at $4.99, but it's up & running.

web: http://www.dopushmail.com/
    Last edited by jrentzke; 08-11-2009 at 10:45 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Wow this app is taking forever!!!
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

I am using pushmail for the time being. I do not like the concept of gpush either though, as it just gives you a notification. What I'd really like to see is gmail offer push. I'm using Intelliscreen and I have my work e-mail on my iPhone, and it's on MS Exchange, so push works for me.

I don't want to forward my gmail to my work e-mail as I want to keep inbox's separated.

Thanks

This will work for me, I use gmail to send and receive txt messages, because I only have 200 txt messages, with my work BB Plan. So it will help me respond quicker. Some people get mad when I don't respond tell 15 minutes later...Fetch setting...haha..and if I can turn fetch off and save battery life, then that is a bonus. I have started to use beejive now though and it sends me push notification as well, and I can txt through a Yahoo email account.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to serverleader For This Useful Post:

nhstunner (08-12-2009)

Thanks

What do you guys think about mobileme for the push feature? If this GPush is indeed, the missing link, then i'll cancel my trial of mobileme (october 6) and just use google sync of calendar, contacts, and this GPush. Or would it be nice to have both mobileme and Gpush? I was looking at the cheaper $65 mobileme on ebay, where shipping is free because the seller sends you an activation code.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast