+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Company Publishes 943 iPhone Apps in 9 Months, Gets Banned from AppStore

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple is simply panicking (did I write it right), They're loosing control and doing some stuff to cover some other errors, Bravo apple you're fixing what you f*&^ in the
    iPhone? More like MyPhone GHOSTYAIRO's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple is simply panicking (did I write it right), They're loosing control and doing some stuff to cover some other errors, Bravo apple you're fixing what you f*&^ in the first place.
    αGoD HaS THe⌃oF My LiFe aND i DoN'T WaNNa⎋*Ⓘ♡Ⓜⓨⓘⓗⓞⓝⓔ

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

IMO the App Store itself needs a feature overhaul. A.T mentioned earlier that Apple should warn 2-star and below developers to improve their apps or have them pulled. I find this extreme and unfair, but perhaps If they weren't improved they could just be hidden from categories and only appear when searched for. As for more features, they definately need an Advanced Search. "Top 25" should become "Most Popular" and should be sortable by "Recently Popular", "All Time Most Popular" and a custom time frame option and THOSE should be sub-sorted by "Most Downloaded" and "Highest rated". Similar sorting should be added to categories and advanced search. These are things Apple should have implemented from day 1 and no matter how much apps they have, this would make the App Store SO much easier to navigate.

Thanks

Default Apple's right
    i disagree with apple on the google voice app but this im glad they did what they did.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

The "warning if the apps gets under 2 stars" is by far the worst idea I've ever heard. Have you seen the majority of reviews in the store?

FYI, on that 3-star "too expensive" review, this is Scoops. a $0.99 game. Most reviews are like this. People review/score games on almost everything BUT the game itself.

What Apple needs to do is re-work the store. From the ground up. Right now the only form of exposure* if being in the top 10 or features/what' new/what we're playing. With NO other way of exposing, your only hope is to get in those coveted spots. And how do you do that? Well you only have one choice: Drop price to $0.99 and pray. A lot.

The day Apple fixes this is the day we'll hopefully see the end of stupid $0.99 sale and apps can be priced for what they're really worth.

*Sites like TouchArcade, forums like this one only get a fraction of the total iPhone user populator. We're a drop in the bucket and large, LARGE, majority of the iPhone user base only uses the App Store to make their purchases. It's a nightmare.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 08-06-2009 at 02:58 PM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

"strict schedule of 12 hours a day, 6 days a week." Sounds fresh and invigorating."

Fresh , invigorating .. so is a swim through a pool of alligators not sure I would applaud the
    person that made me do it.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphone49er's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought it was because they violated some Terms and Conditions?

If they did break some rules, like infringement or something, I think Apple has every right to drop their license.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

My ideas are awesome! xD
    lol

People who want trials, there always a way around: lite versions.
    And you can get a refund from Apple if your dissatisfied with the app you bought, so no harm done, the problem is finding a decent app.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 08-06-2009 at 08:32 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Only if it were entirely possible if I made some of that money...
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    if your dissatisfied with the app you bought, so no harm done,
    Are you sure refund is possible? How do you go about getting a refund?

Green Apple
    Thanks

if the guy was making 1000s per day apple was making a good percentage of that.. Why would apple want to get rid of that money for no reason... Now if the guy is willing to share the reason with us we can talk and gang up against Apple.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesteve View Post
    Are you sure refund is possible? How do you go about getting a refund?
    Yes, I'm 100% sure, I've had refunds for quite a few apps because they were really poor quality eg MobileChat(no longer in App Store).

When you get the email receipt showing the payment details for the app, there's a Report a Problem link, something like that anyway, the link takes you to Apples site to get a refund. I've had no problems getting refunds and on top of that you still get future updates for that app even though you got a refund

Haha, I see my previous post got edited!!!
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 08-07-2009 at 06:33 AM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MetallicaFan1991 For This Useful Post:

eaglesteve (08-07-2009)

Thanks

Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone hapishyguy's Avatar
    Thanks

This is ridiculous. When I first read the name and saw its a Pakistani name then only I understood that how can a pakistani do a genuine and original job. They are known for frauds and credit card scams in US and Canada. But this was undestandable that he would do a fraud. Pakistanis are known for it lolz!!!! In Canada each muslim have 2 wives and each wife has atleast 4 kids that comes out to be 8 kids. The canadian govt gives aid and that comes out to be $4000/month for 8 kids. This is how they survive in Canada and do not work. They are ripping off the govt big time. And not to even mention Coney Island area in Brooklyn in New York in US. It was all pakistani area with all credit card scams and getting govt aids. And JOB! what is that? They dont know what is job. they know know to rip off the govt and the do scams. Just like they have ripped off their own contry's govt and thus never had a stable govt in 50 years lolz!
    Anyway! back to the apps question. If its a pakistani, a scam is there for sure. First they will be nice and then they will kick your butt and ditch you.
    Not a big news for me This is expected from a Pakistani

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hapishyguy View Post
    This is ridiculous. When I first read the name and saw its a Pakistani name then only I understood that how can a pakistani do a genuine and original job. They are known for frauds and credit card scams in US and Canada. But this was undestandable that he would do a fraud. Pakistanis are known for it lolz!!!! In Canada each muslim have 2 wives and each wife has atleast 4 kids that comes out to be 8 kids. The canadian govt gives aid and that comes out to be $4000/month for 8 kids. This is how they survive in Canada and do not work. They are ripping off the govt big time. And not to even mention Coney Island area in Brooklyn in New York in US. It was all pakistani area with all credit card scams and getting govt aids. And JOB! what is that? They dont know what is job. they know know to rip off the govt and the do scams. Just like they have ripped off their own contry's govt and thus never had a stable govt in 50 years lolz!
    Anyway! back to the apps question. If its a pakistani, a scam is there for sure. First they will be nice and then they will kick your butt and ditch you.
    Not a big news for me This is expected from a Pakistani

Too much stereotyping, don't you think?

Thanks

Call it stereo typing or mono typing but this is true

Thanks

I think there are bad guys and cheats from every nationalities. For example:

British tourists sentenced over false insurance claim

There are also people with real good characters from countries that you don't identify yourself with.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hapishyguy View Post
    This is ridiculous.....This is expected from a Pakistani
    Happen to be from India? You have quite the distaste for Pakistanis. How is making a 1000 worthless apps that costs a (maybe not too bright) person 99 cents to make a few grand different than scamming people for far more on some get rich quick scam like you push?

Thanks

Thanks buddy but it's not get rich quickk. It's called Internet marketing. You share the profit by marketing on the Internet not by selling useless applications Welcome to the world of Internet. Internet 101.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

This person also had been trying to sell the company for months already.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234