+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Company Publishes 943 iPhone Apps in 9 Months, Gets Banned from AppStore

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Maybe one day? One day? Apple will make up their mind.... there are many apps that should have never been allowed in the appstore in the first place...... jailbreaking is
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe one day? One day? Apple will make up their mind.... there are many apps that should have never been allowed in the appstore in the first place...... jailbreaking is for drug dealers, I think Apple is on drugs?

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

Some seem to miss the true point here. When an app is submitted to Apple the Developer (Not Apple) Declares that They (The Developer) Hold ALL copyrights to All materials for their App.

This Joker clearly did not hold copyrights to the material he was re-branding as his. The real owners complained, and the apps removed.

Apple can not possibly track down every copyright holder and confirm that the content in every app is registered/licensed by the app developer, that's the Developers' job.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini7 View Post
    Some seem to miss the true point here. When an app is submitted to Apple the Developer (Not Apple) Declares that They (The Developer) Hold ALL copyrights to All materials for their App.

This Joker clearly did not hold copyrights to the material he was re-branding as his. The real owners complained, and the apps removed.

Apple can not possibly track down every copyright holder and confirm that the content in every app is registered/licensed by the app developer, that's the Developers' job.
    Now this seems to make sense......

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

And this developer is why people jailbreak and pirate apps

Quantity over quality for a cheap buck

Thanks

Good to see less crap like that in the app store!
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh really guys? If you had half the chance, you'd do the same. Apart from the copyright stuff, why should his apps have been pulled? If they abide by the rules, I don't see the problem. So what if they're a piece of crap, people CHOOSE to buy them, if they get a low rating, you don't buy it. Oh and to those who say people should get warning for low rated apps etc. That's very unfair, people who make GOOD apps which lack a feature etc, people rate down. Especially free ones. Is that really fair? I'll admit, I do find it difficult to browse sometimes, but perhaps Apple could add a rating filter? There solved.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wonderful news. Well done Apple. Although it should'nt have approved them in the first place. It is suckers like us who have been the victim. If only they let us free trials all the software first, thieves like this might not have the chance to rip us off, at least not in the scale at present.

Too much gargage that should be cleaned up in the Applestore, making browsing and buying stuff so difficult these days.

Time of iFart should be over. Time for quality software now.
    Last edited by eaglesteve; 08-05-2009 at 07:35 PM.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesteve View Post
    .... It is suckers like us who have been the victim..... .
    I'll bet owners of these 943 $4.99/ea junk-ware apps have a fair chance of winning a class-action lawsuit against Apple. Sure, the primary defendant is the developer, but there is no doubt Apple has responsibilities --- regardless of what their Terms and Conditions says. I'll take a lot of time and money, for sure. Something large corporations are betting we don't have

Thanks

this will be Apples downfall, their ****** attitude.
    Every single time I go into the apple store I get annoyed with the idiotic know it all moronic *geniuses*
    Apple thinks their **** dont stink and that are better than anyone else.
    When Hand Jobs is dead and gone they will go back to being **** once again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

Macrumors posted a story about how the developer was/is trying to sell the company.

Previous auction listings show an interesting trail of information for the business, with the first auction in January indicating that the business had 5 employees and earned $1800 per month in revenue, all the way to the current listing that states the business has 60 employees located in Pakistan with revenue between $10,000 and $50,000 per month. Shaikh also reveals in this listing that headcount is expected to increase to "120 to 240" by the end of this year and that they plan to have over 10,000 apps within this same time frame.
    Glad they stopped him before he hit the 10k apps mark this year that he was saying.

Story: MacRumors iPhone Blog: Banned App Store Developer Had Been Trying to Auction Off Business
    Last edited by Cer0; 08-05-2009 at 10:23 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Thanks

i wish i knew how to develop crappy apps that i could sell for a small fortune lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

i guess apple just liked to get the numbers of apps created as high as possible.
    we all know how they like to show numbers on those keynodes.

but crap or not i think its wrong to first aprove all those apps and pull the plug at the end just like that.
    that will scare some new upcomming developers in maybe not wanting to waste their time into something that can be taken away like that.

Thanks

Thats always the thing that bugged me with virtual software. No way you can test drive it unless there was a demo option, no preview. Only way you could is if someone already did and put a video. I was not even worried about GV at first cause I figured i'd never use it. On paper sounded odd. I saw videos of it and now I'm in line to try it. There is no return policy when you buy a crappy app from the app store so I guess its a big reason why I dont get many paid apps until i get to see it in action. I also agree that while this is an effort to show the app police is in full force its like letting a robber hit house after house and you have seen how he does it, watch as he moves about, picks up what he leaves behind THEN nab him and say your doing your job all in the long run.

Speaking of apps I found one that keeps track of all the sales and free limited download periods. Called AppMiner. I've found a few games that were offered free. Some I still play and most i've already deleted cause they were bad but didn't cost me 99cents.
    Last edited by LrdBane; 08-06-2009 at 12:35 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LrdBane For This Useful Post:

eaglesteve (08-06-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LrdBane View Post
    Speaking of apps I found one that keeps track of all the sales and free limited download periods. Called AppMiner.
    Pandora box is another one. Thanks for mentioning AppMiner. I'll check it out too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LrdBane View Post
    Speaking of apps I found one that keeps track of all the sales and free limited download periods. Called AppMiner. I've found a few games that were offered free. Some I still play and most i've already deleted cause they were bad but didn't cost me 99cents.
    Appsniper is also a good one to track sales. I use it daily and have got great deals.

You can put something you got an eye on in the list and when it sees a cut in the price it notifies you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone carlbgc's Avatar
    Thanks

Good on Apple. They need to get rid of more crap.

Thanks

yay!
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neonsector View Post
    this will be Apples downfall, their ****** attitude.
    Every single time I go into the apple store I get annoyed with the idiotic know it all moronic *geniuses*
    Apple thinks their **** dont stink and that are better than anyone else.
    When Hand Jobs is dead and gone they will go back to being **** once again.
    The demonstration of your Exceptional foresight and staggering intelligence and been duly noted.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

iPhone? More like MyPhone blazingangel1986's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vedavis View Post
    "So many junk." And Google Voice gets rejected? What the hell is going here?
    same drama all over again apple just dose as they please
    www.ccbahamas.co.nr

iPhone? More like MyPhone vedavis's Avatar
    Thanks

Not being an app dev, I haven't seen anything in writing about the actual AppStore approval process and who's responsible. There must be someone at the top of chain that says go / no go.