+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHotz says R.I.P Purplesn0w and purplera1n

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
^chill pill?
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

^chill pill?
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

+1 ^

Okay I'm sorry I don't have the time or energy to read through a multiple page thread, I'm just trying to help
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

You're doing a GREAT job! Keep it up...

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ozdude View Post
    Oh for crying out loud, please don't go back over ground covered directly in that thread I pointed to, that's why I mentioned it. All areas have been covered, nothing whatsoever to do with the IPSW, it is correct 3.0 from right here on this site. I went through the timewasting process of second guessing myself and re-downloading the 3.0 IPSW several days ago now, just in the hope I'd some how been a moron and screwed it up. No diff. As I said I had to use purplera1n on a friends 3GS a couple of weeks ago after like 15+ attempts at redsn0w on 2 PCs yielded the same waiting for reboot issue, yet my 3GS is did a few days after I got it was fine. Now I'm having this same issue with my phone under 3.0.1.
    ^^^Do you want to sell it?

Thanks

I'll buy it for $20
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

HAHA, sell it to her come on!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    ^chill pill?
    Yeah, I can laugh now that a solution has arisen. RedSn0w's install method has been modified to work under restore and not DFU and bingo problem solved. I now know it wasn't somehow me.

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    +1 ^

Okay I'm sorry I don't have the time or energy to read through a multiple page thread, I'm just trying to help :
    If I a penny for everytime I've heard that old chestnut. Wasn't needed, for 30sec of your precious time you could have gone straight to the last page(of all of the 2 and a bit of them!) and gotten an understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    ^^^Do you want to sell it?
    Huh, yeah right LOL. Gee even the mods are comedians around here!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ozdude View Post
    Huh, yeah right LOL. Gee even the mods are comedians around here!
    oh the mods are the worst around here.

Thanks

@Ozdude
    The 2 people trying to help you @angiepangie and @confucious are both mods on the Dev team blog. If anyone knows their stuff as far as redsn0w it is the 2 of them. Try not to be so rude when all they are trying to do is help you. If you logged onto the dev team blog complaining of the same issue they would be the ones to help you there as well. I am sorry but if you cant figure it out, or accept their help well then....
    Last edited by Melech518; 08-07-2009 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 9,515 Times in 5,842 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    oh the mods are the worst around here.
    I don't think so, time for fun and a time for play. Being able to differentiate is what makes some better than others, in life as well as being mods. just sayin'

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was never able to use Purplesn0w cause I'm still on a PPC Mac. So couldn't say how well it worked, but redsn0w works great for ppc and intels. I do hope that Geohotz does hang around the community and supply us with his knowledge as he has done from the beginning.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post

@Ozdude
    The 2 people trying to help you @angiepangie and @confucious are both mods on the Dev team blog. If anyone knows their stuff as far as redsn0w it is the 2 of them. Try not to be so rude when all they are trying to do is help you. If you logged onto the dev team blog complaining of the same issue they would be the ones to help you there as well. I am sorry but if you cant figure it out, or accept their help well then....
    I was hardly being rude. I was just getting frustratedI(after a week of ripping my hair out) at the standard answers coming out when I took the time to point to my specific situation in another thread especially to avoid that happening. In my experience on dozens of different forums over the years, generally that approach works and prevents that occurring..
    Last edited by Ozdude; 08-08-2009 at 07:53 PM.

+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678