Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases 3.0.1 Update! SMS Hack Fixed!

hey guys...i have two 3g phones, mine and my gfs...anyways i updated, rejailbroke and unlocked mine without issue using an unactivated att sim without issue...but i'm having some trouble with my gfs phone...i took me three restores/jbs to get the "activation" message from att sim...after i got it all working i keep getting some "cannot to connect to itunes error" saying it can't connect to the phone, don't remember the error code off hand...and the phone went thru a 100% battery in the matter of 8 hours standby, no usuage...i watched it go down 4% in like 10 mins....my question is, could it be maybe ipsw related? i used the same exact files when i did my phone and nothings wrong with mine at all...she's never had this problem with her phone before...only after we updated it the 3.0.1...any suggestions?
    Last edited by lunercrab; 08-06-2009 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inamra View Post
    Thanks Melech.

I guess my only concern now is waiting for the dev team on ultrasn0w to figure out what's wrong. .9 worked perfectly fine for my girlfriends iPhone but it's no longer on Cydia now -_-;... and their newest one is just giving everyone grief it seems.
    It should be there...make sure you typed the repo right...repo666.ultrasn0w.com the o in snow is a zero. You must add this repo to the sources list before you can search cydia for ultrasn0w

EDIT: didnt realize you are looking for.9 only. You shouldnt have an issue with .9-1. Like Confucious said, this is a very small percentage of people who have the problem. But if her phone is running fine on .9 then there is no need to upgrade it
    Last edited by Melech518; 08-06-2009 at 05:08 PM.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by lunercrab View Post
    ...and the phone went thru a 100% battery in the matter of 8 hours standby, no usuage...i watched it go down 4% in like 10 mins.,,
    I am not certain about the rest of your questions although did you set the phone up as "new" after your work in iTunes before the jailbreak?

-----------------------------

Melech,

I did in fact add the repo address and only .91-1 is available for me. I know confucious gives very good advice and is probably spot on that .91-1 works for the majority of people unlocking.

Although I still see a significant amount of people complaining on ultrasn0w's site. As said .9 works fine for my girlfriend right now (she is still on 3.0). If I took the step to upgrade her to 3.0.1 and have to use .91-1 ultrasn0w though her sim (China Mobile) could be one of the unlucky ones that have service and wifi problems.

The best thing I can think of really is merely to wait or hear from anyone else having success on .91-1 with China Mobile. So even though there's a risk, even in Beijing, of her being on 3.0 I'd rather not throw her service ability down the drain til a fix is out.

Edit: joining the editing party hahah I appreciate your responses still
    Last edited by inamra; 08-06-2009 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inamra View Post
    I am not certain about the rest of your questions although did you set the phone up as "new" after your work in iTunes before the jailbreak?
    i did set up as a new phone, but after i jb...i've been doing it this way...i was under the impression it didn't matter if i did it before or after the jb...as long as i just set it up as new when i connected it to itunes the first time i wanted to sync the phone...i'm re-jb it again as we speak to see if i can fix this battery issue...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Options that I turned down to stop draining the battery (still battery drains like hell after the upgrade to 3.0.1), and yes I always setup my phone as a new phone.

Wifi - Ask to join Networks - Off
    Carrier - Manually Selected the Carrier (Not Auto)
    Brightness - Lowered and kept to Auto Brightness.
    Push Services - Deactivated.

Anyone else here noticed the faster loss of battery with 3.0.1?
    Last edited by mythamp; 08-07-2009 at 04:37 AM.

Hey MR117 do you have a 3Gs or a 3G? macbook pro? which model? new osx update? Thanks for the info

3G. 24" iMac, last year's model (so some of the new fancy stuff in Snow Leopard won't work).
    This was a no-brainer (trust me!). I even did it again today - was screwing around with Cydia last night, it got funky, so I tried to reinstall it (as per a suggestion I found here), and knocked it into a cocked hat. Wouldn't load, or would try and fail. Finally restored to 3.0.1, then did the redsnow thing again. Interestingly, THIS time ALL my hacks were removed. Took only a few minutes to JB (the 3.0.1 obviously took longer - as did putting my music and photos back in; the rest of the re-sync goes quickly). Then it was back to Cydia to reinstall all, probably took less than an hour.

Why, what is your problem with the process?

Last edited by mr117; 08-07-2009 at 05:10 PM. Reason: left out OS of Mac

FYI-Cydia was down last night..
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

mr117 (08-07-2009)

I had a feeling it did it just as I was trying to re-install it (my Changes was giving me nothing). I got half-way through the process and it went to Home screen. After that, I couldn't get it to work at all. This morning, same thing. So I reinstalled and after I did, it worked fine. Bad timing, too much fooling with it, on my part.

Thanks for the update. I couldn't find any info doing a Search re it being down, including on its site on the web, which I couldn't access last night but could this a.m.

So I just jailbroke my 3G 3.0 firmware last week. If I update to 3.0.1, it sounds like my phone will restore and I will have to jailbreak it again. Is this correct? And if so...what happens to all of the stuff I downloaded from cydia, things I have in winterboard, and the awesome White Apple theme I finally got finished??

Thanks
    Thanked 10,059 Times in 6,147 Posts

Makes no sense to use 3.0.1 really, just stay where your at. Only a SMS fix and Cydia will have one available soon anyway.
    If you update you will lose all your 3rd party apps and jailbreak/unlock

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

fella47 (08-10-2009), jackrose (08-08-2009)

Thanks

^True.

however there are two apps you can use to backup your cydia apps called pkgbackup and aptbackup. pkgbackup (from what i've heard) works better but it costs $2 (i THINK).
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

15. The Following User Says Thank You to angiepangie For This Useful Post:

jackrose (08-08-2009)

Ok sounds good. So Cydia will put out the 3.0.1 update at some point? I'm not too concerned about updating, but wondered what happens when you do. Thank you!

Thanks

There's a page on Cydia that says Saurik is working on an SMS fix though no further information is being released.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, so a guy i know updated his 3G to 3.0.1, and well... he just did not understand... Is there a way i can down grade? Can I try to stuff 3.0 with pwnage back at it? Does not look like the baseband got updated... Sorry to ask this question.. I know it may sound dumb.. From what I can tell you can do some **** with 3.0.1 but I would like to put it back to 3.0

Thanks for your support.
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

Thanks

Why would you like to go back to 3.0? 3.0.1 is exactly like 3.0 except it fixes a vulnerability in which someone could hack your iPhone by sending you SMS messages.
    Just stay on 3.0.1.
    Just JB with redsn0w and give it 3.0 when it asks for the ipsw

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

Oops, I get it... My bad, I did not understand that.. Guess I should have read more.. thats my bad!! Sorry.. Ok sounds great... here we go..
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

Thanks

Haha alright

Hey all, I wanted to thank everyone who helped me with my firmware download problem (I hit the thanks buttons too), now my new problem (and I hope this isn't a post that should be somewhere else) anyway since I've upgraded and jailbroke, I cannot theme my keyboard, no 5 row qwerty, no 3g storm, carbones ice keys, itoons keyboards, emoji, none work at all. I've gone into settings and made sure they are on in my international-keyboard settings, had them at the top of my winterboard, and at the bottom, what am I doing wrong? Are they not compatible w/ 3.0 yet?

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't believe winterboard works with keyboards yet on 3.x

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast