Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [APPLE] Jaibreaking Breaks the iPhone, Ends the World

wow apple is a control freak about its products.
    "MUST CONTROL EVERYTHING" -Apple
    I can't see any other reason for apple to hate jailbreaking

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    ^^They lose money from the app store.
    Yea, that too

Thanks

And competition from the Cydia store. Warez.. who knows.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Oh Apple how you make me laugh
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

What I would like to know is if this was a law how would Apple be able to know who was doing it or not? Just think if it was a law Apple would live in court everyday all day long.. LOL

I just don't know what they are thinking because how would they catch you doing it?

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    What I would like to know is if this was a law how would Apple be able to know who was doing it or not? Just think if it was a law Apple would live in court everyday all day long.. LOL

I just don't know what they are thinking because how would they catch you doing it?
    Maybe have iTunes check somehow while syncing? Is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by bootsey View Post
    well if apple gave us everything that should be on any phone, especially a phone like the iphone like, mms,ringtone,themes,bluetooth e.c.t and wernt so picky about what goes in the app store then there would be no need for jailbreaking and therefor apple and us would be happy. so the answer is to give us what we want!!!
    Exactly what I was thinking. I owned the 2G about 5 months after launch. Within weeks I jailbroke my phone. All of us old jailbreakers, apps like cycorder, snapture, bosspref, landscape typing, and the list goes on and on. It is funny talking to new iPhone owners (their first phone was the 3G or 3GS for the most part). I constantly tell them that I have been using those features for years, nothing new to me. If the almighty Apple would have added those features from the beginning, jailbreaking would be pointless (unless you wanted to use the phone on another network, I am on ATT, so this doesn't apply to me). And why is the process to get stuff approved on the app store or to get it to stay on the app store so random? Another to jailbreak.

As long as there is an iPhone, there will be a jailbreaking process, period.
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

Thanks

They wouldn't, but if it was a law it would discourage more people from doing it. And then they'd actually have a case against the dev team and other big time hackers because right now they have squat
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i guess my problem is that you still run back to the same point... which is choice., Taking the blue pill or the red pill, jailbreak or dont jailbreak,its choice if you want to chance the problems then why should that be illegal. Sounds like Apple is in bed with Obama.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Windmeel View Post
    Maybe have iTunes check somehow while syncing? Is that possible?
    Yeah and if they have itunes babysitting you and they find out that you are doing it what are they going to do? Call the police on you because you jailbroke your phone and press charges on you? Or if you do it have itunes cripple your phone? I don't think that they can control the phone like that because you have paid for it....

I never read their contract on the phone... wonder if it says there is no jailbreaking? LOL

"Always remember your special and unique!"

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs down Apple sure know's how to make things bitter/sweet!
    There were very few things I wanted to jailbreak for.
    (key word "were")

Now that Apple is shutting down apps left and right,
    There’s No App for That Riverturn Blog and Talk Back
    you have to jailbreak just to get Google Voice GV Mobile!
    http://appbay.net/archives/146

The very few other must have apps are:

-SBSettings + rotation inhibitor

-3GUnrestrictor

-BiteSMS
    (Love quick reply, pop SMS I can reply to without exiting my open app)

-BackGrounder

That's about it! Is it too much to ask for a built in SBSettings?

I can live without DTunes, themes and other junk. They "almost" have the iphone right, but I'll keep jail-breaking until they do.
    Last edited by JazJon; 07-31-2009 at 01:26 PM.

this is just apples way to lay the blame for all its problems on someone else. the iphone un jailbroken has ****** batt life and call recepetion, but by blaming jailbreaking, it makes them look better. how childish

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I got the 3G last August. It was exciting at first then about 2 weeks later I grew bored of it.
    Then I discovered jailbreaking which led to themes, widgets and so on. The 3Gs was in my hands on launch day. The sim was switched from my 3G to my 3Gs and let me tell you I was excited. After an hour of playing with 3Gs I became bored and swapped the sim back to my jailbroken 3G. the 3Gs was put back in ints box and waited for the 3Gs jailbreak, which seemed to have taken for ev a. (in reality it didn't)

Now that the 3Gs is jailbroken, its inmy pocket. The iphone is incredibly boring and impersonal when its not jailbroken.
    The 3Gs is a great platform to be jailbroken, no lag whatsoever. The 3G is the back up in the event something happens to the 3Gs or the wife decides she wants it.

From what I have seen it seems it pains apple to provide useful functionality to the iPhone. But luckily I am happy to see they provided a compass. instead of providing a program to allow the user to theme their iPhone.

Oh, No..., Apple in the future will make the device, more easy to jailbreak and unlock. So they can sell more millions and millions more iPhone.That's the fact.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I bought MY iPhone (subsidized or not) with MY money. I will do as I damn please.

iPhone? More like MyPhone calebdexter's Avatar
    Thanks

I really dont understand why mobile phone manufacturers such as Apple, Nokia and other leading brands make their phone's functionalities bits by bits, I mean look at the iPhone 2G, it has a 2MP camera, but then when it comes to the iPhone 3G, they retained the same camera but when it comes to 3GS they've changed it to 3MP instead, my point here is the technology is not far fetched, modern technology is available everywhere and any time, they don't have to fool the public that in this year we can only provide the 3MP hardware for the iPhone, helloo people! there is a 8MP camera phone that is made by Samsung, if your going to make a phone, make it in full blast, from the hardware to the software, use what is already available, not what is available for the past 5 years, use what is the latest in technology so that people will not have a hard time deciding on which phones to buy and you'll make tons of profit from it. I know its a part of every manufacturer's marketing strategy to sell more phones, but is getting crowded and people dont want many choices, they want a good built phone from hardware to software. so amp up your iPhone next time, the only thing I was excited about during the recent launch of the 3GS is the 3.0 software considering im using 2G, i think the iPhone 3G was a stupid upgrade from 2G, they only upgraded the processor and added a 3G chip?..and also replace a perfectly built aluminum case to a cheap plastic one?..wth..

regarding jailbreaking, apple wont loose money because although there are a lot of jailbroken phones out there, they have at least 60 countries of which they have a contract with each network providers, in which each have at least millions of subscribers and the business people are starting to use the iPhone, do you think they'll have the time to jailbreak their own iPhone?..no, of course they would want a more convenient way of purchasing apps, and thats through apps store, so I think Apple shouldn't be worried about losing profit because of jailbreaking. and besides people pay at least $300 for their iPhones or more since many also purchased the iPhone 2G which is way more expensive than the recent models of iPhone now. so we can do whatever we want with our iPhones!

They should instead look into the security modules of the iPhone and especially what our moderator has posted regarding the SMS hack, I think they should be more concerned with that. if they want to earn more, make their MacBook line cheaper, way cheaper because up to now I dont see the value worth of buying one, I can just purchase a OSX OS cd and install it in my windows machine which I didnt but would want to. Apple has good product design and features, good OS,better than windows in terms of multimedia functions but windows still is better in office related softwares.

I rant too much..lol..sorry for the long post, but I just got to let this off my chest.
    Last edited by calebdexter; 07-30-2009 at 10:18 PM.

Thanks

I am on tmobile and I never had an ipod or ever used itunes. I really like itunes now and I have accumulated many movies and music since owning the iphone. The only thing I don't like is when the fw changes the phone has to be reunlock/jailbroken to sync and even use itunes. The problems I had was my Macs would work intermittently with the pwnage tool to unlock and wound up sending my phone to a shop to be unlocked for a fee. I didn't like that. I enjoyed the themes and love sbssettings. I think i will move to ATT and not have to worry about the hassle of unlocking just to enjoy my phone in itunes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by calebdexter View Post
    I really dont understand why mobile phone manufacturers such as Apple, Nokia and other leading brands make their phone's functionalities bits by bits, I mean look at the iPhone 2G, it has a 2MP camera, but then when it comes to the iPhone 3G, they retained the same camera but when it comes to 3GS they've changed it to 3MP instead, my point here is the technology is not far fetched, modern technology is available everywhere and any time, they don't have to fool the public that in this year we can only provide the 3MP hardware for the iPhone, helloo people! there is a 8MP camera phone that is made by Samsung, if your going to make a phone, make it in full blast, from the hardware to the software, use what is already available, not what is available for the past 5 years, use what is the latest in technology so that people will not have a hard time deciding on which phones to buy and you'll make tons of profit from it. I know its a part of every manufacturer's marketing strategy to sell more phones, but is getting crowded and people dont want many choices, they want a good built phone from hardware to software. so amp up your iPhone next time, the only thing I was excited about during the recent launch of the 3GS is the 3.0 software considering im using 2G, i think the iPhone 3G was a stupid upgrade from 2G, they only upgraded the processor and added a 3G chip?..and also replace a perfectly built aluminum case to a cheap plastic one?..wth..

regarding jailbreaking, apple wont loose money because although there are a lot of jailbroken phones out there, they have at least 60 countries of which they have a contract with each network providers, in which each have at least millions of subscribers and the business people are starting to use the iPhone, do you think they'll have the time to jailbreak their own iPhone?..no, of course they would want a more convenient way of purchasing apps, and thats through apps store, so I think Apple shouldn't be worried about losing profit because of jailbreaking. and besides people pay at least $300 for their iPhones or more since many also purchased the iPhone 2G which is way more expensive than the recent models of iPhone now.

They should instead look into the security modules of the iPhone and especially what our moderator has posted regarding the SMS hack, I think they should be more concerned with that. if they want to earn more, make their MacBook line cheaper, way cheaper because up to now I dont see the value worth of buying one, I can just purchase a OSX OS cd and install it in my windows machine which I didnt but would want to. Apple has good product design and features, good OS,better than windows in terms of multimedia functions but windows still is better in office related softwares.

I rant too much..lol..sorry for the long post, but I just got to let this off my chest.
    lol. long post. Summarize?

iPhone? More like MyPhone calebdexter's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    lol. long post. Summarize?
    lol...Apple shouldn't be a cry baby! and instead focus more of what their target market wants and needs. We pay for expensive devices and we expect good customer service and respect for our properties

20. The Following User Says Thank You to calebdexter For This Useful Post:

angiepangie (07-30-2009)

Thanks

Thanks
    Reading + Summer = ?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast