Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rebel Scholar Case for iPhone 3G / 3GS, Incase Beware! (GIVEAWAY INSIDE!)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I lost again

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Amazing cases. I just loved all these. Where can I get these from? Can anyone tell me about it to me in more detail? Is it long lasting? Designs of all the cases looks attractive. I would like to know about it's price.
    mod/edit links removed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I lost again
    Better luck next time

Quote Originally Posted by ronblade View Post
    Amazing cases. I just loved all these. Where can I get these from? Can anyone tell me about it to me in more detail? Is it long lasting? Designs of all the cases looks attractive. I would like to know about it's price.
    The cases are available at rebelscholar.com in the products section. They have normal ones without any designs for 20$, the ones with designs for 35$ and some special ones with full laser etched back for 100$
    Last edited by sayam; 08-04-2009 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

how can I get one of the cases?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Thanks

these cases look insanely cool
    i want Toasty Bandit Bruiser in my pocket now
    the designs are incredible

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    Wow....Thank you so very much.
    lucky you. i didnt see this until today i think i know how today is going to be, starting off like this. a day late, like always.

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sayam View Post
    This is a review of the Rebel Scholar case, which definitely is a grand competitor to the reigning Incase sliders!

If you haven't heard of Rebel Scholar, it's not surprising as they've just become the new kid on the block - but you'll be glad to know about them. They have great packaging and ship stuff fast - I received my package in only 3 days.

They make cases very similar to most people's favorite, the Incase sliders, but with a 'twist' added - they have pretty cool designs printed on the back! And the printed ones cost the same as the normal Incase sliders. You'll love them, if the smaller color range doesn't bug you.

I have tried both their special 'Mystery Meat' collection and the normal printed ones and both feel... pretty much the same. The only difference is the precisely and brilliantly laser etched Asian design on the back of the Mystery Meat cases which makes it unique. Personally, I don't like the limited edition Incase sliders (although the simple ones look pretty cool), so the Rebel Scholar is a good alternative to me. Another nice thing about the 'Mystery Meat' case - it comes in a swanky box. Very high profile. The box can be used as a case stand as well (it comes with special foam thing inside which can hold up to five cases like this).

Check out a video demo of their etching process below:

Like most other cases, these have perfect cut-outs for everything from dock-connector to headphone jack etc. It's a pretty snug fit as well, but I do feel that there is a minor defect in the case. When put on the iPhone, the bottom part is not in a perfect straight line with the top portion, it's a little bit off - but you might not notice it. EDIT - RebelScholar notes the slight misalignment was only because I had a review unit - their production units are spot on. Other than that, it feels much more "plasticky" - doesn't have that smooth Incase feel. EDIT: They do not accept returns, but gladly exchange any item (with a couple caveats).

These cases are available directly from their site. The normal printed ones cost $35 but the more expensive Mystery Meat ones are $100 each! The price for the normal case is alright but the 'Mystery Meat' does get a bit up there.

Finally, the company has been nice enough to provide me with FIVE extra $35 pieces, all with different designs. As you might have guessed, we will be giving these out randomly to you people! And no, there's not going to be any choice of designs for the winners. If you want to win one of the five, just leave a comment below in the format "RS- Your comment". I will ship these internationally and remember, if you don't put the 'RS' in there, you won't be entered... This giveaway ends on 3rd August at 5 pm GMT. The winners will be announced within 24 hours after the giveaway ends.

UPDATE: We are giving away the following designs:

1. Victory (White)
    2. Cupid Last Arrow (White)*
    3. Mystic Shadow (Blue)
    4. I Heart NY
    5. Fu Lu Shou

To see how they look, check out the Rebel Scholar site.

The contest has officially ended and the winners are kadinh, coloradoxmfan, zinjen, eclipseballer08 and timbo. Be expecting a PM from me!

UPDATE: As kadinh never replied, I am replacing him with Zwayne.

Thanks, Sayam!!! I received the Fu Lu Shou (red one in the picture) today. The case is AMAZING! THANK YOU!!! I ripped my "old" case right off.

I actually missed the Post Office delivering the case yesterday, so I drove the 10 miles out of the way this morning just to get the case. Those without an iPhone wouldn't understand the dedication.

Thank you again for this!! I love the case!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coloradoxmfan View Post
    Thanks, Sayam!!! I received the Fu Lu Shou (red one in the picture) today. The case is AMAZING! THANK YOU!!! I ripped my "old" case right off.

I actually missed the Post Office delivering the case yesterday, so I drove the 10 miles out of the way this morning just to get the case. Those without an iPhone wouldn't understand the dedication.

Thank you again for this!! I love the case!
    Nice to know you received

this case actually scratched my phone a good amount of times... i stopped using it.. but then had not using it remose so i started using it again today... while at work i decided to pull off the larger piece... to see that it was scratching my phone. DEEPLY. i have a good 4-5 inch scratch straight down the middle of my phone... =/ I'm debating whether or not i should even send a complaint to them? What do you guys think?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I would. That sucks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vthree View Post
    this case actually scratched my phone a good amount of times... i stopped using it.. but then had not using it remose so i started using it again today... while at work i decided to pull off the larger piece... to see that it was scratching my phone. DEEPLY. i have a good 4-5 inch scratch straight down the middle of my phone... =/ I'm debating whether or not i should even send a complaint to them? What do you guys think?
    The Incase slider does exactly the same thing but I have only ever seen it scratch the bezel a little bit, Did you take the case of regually to remove any dirt etc trapped inside of the case. It sound like you had abit of dirt or something stuck inside of the case and when you have pulled the case of this has caused it to scratch the phone.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334