+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Store - Nearly $1/4 Million in Income

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
You obviously have no clue what jailbreaking is about... have you ever used your brain to wonder WHY its called "jailbreaking" and NOT "hacking"? I suggest you restore your phone
    Thanks

You obviously have no clue what jailbreaking is about... have you ever used your brain to wonder WHY its called "jailbreaking" and NOT "hacking"? I suggest you restore your phone to factory defaults and find another forum to make an azz of yourself on.
    Have a nice day, and may your next paycheck bounce!

Quote Originally Posted by KILLINJDM View Post
    So you meen to tell me that cydia apps arent free any more!!!!!! WTF is the point of having a hacked iphone if you cant get **** for free
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prostovanka View Post
    Freeman doing awesome job. Thank you all Devs out there that have been with us till today. First thing first, Cheapskates is a little harsh to call some one that simply doesnt want to pay for certain apps that arent worth the money but any way.
    Cheapskates is what I call the people who aren't willing to pay for an app period. If you don't want the app, who cares - I'm talking about the ones you DO want.

Quote Originally Posted by prostovanka View Post
    Im just curious iPhone Devteam the one who made JB possible has always claimed to do it for free which still stands till today. If that is so and is true then I think its a little unfair that the people that made Jay Freeman's Cydia App available arent getting a cut.
    Jay Freeman made Jay Freeman's app available. And he gets a cut.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

barsoverbeats (07-30-2009)

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

I have no problem paying for good apps ( bought 4 from the store already). Thanks to all in JB community that makes this possible.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Good work...
    beat appstore down.....
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Jubah
    Jubah Online
    Jubah Muslimah
    Baju Hari Raya
    Baju Muslimah
    Baju Raya 2013
    Baju Kurung
    Baby Clothes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by algojobathosai View Post
    Good work...
    beat appstore down.....
    It's good - but I wouldn't do that far!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

I have bought tons of apps from cydia and rockyourphone, MivTones/Unresrictor/IntelliScreen the list goes on. But you know what I just got my 3gs few months ago and let me tell you, that was a painful stack of money I had to part with until there was a JB. I emailed RockYourPhone support and was told they dont support the 3Gs and didnt know if they would in the future.

So talk all you want but this could be fleeting, Apple is going harder at Jailbreakers as we've seen in the news recently. You could say just dont upgrade to the next OS release but when they come out with the fix for the potential SMS hack what will we do. If there's a 4G iPhone what will we do then? I'm just saying I'm at least 50$+ invested in Cydia/RockYourPhone related apps.

Sure I may accept the fleeting use of the money I spent but I can understand why others may not want to accept such a risk. At the same time I also understand why dev's charge for their efforts of the work they do, I just think that some of those apps start get a bit too costly at over $2 bucks unless they can gaurantee a future jailbreak. Guess thats why some developers start saying the purchase is tied to your specific device.
    Last edited by PCeasar; 07-30-2009 at 10:07 PM.

Thanks

I buy some stuff from Cydia but I certainly wouldn't let RYP near anything of mine!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PaperCross View Post
    That is awesome! Maybe Cydia can do the 1 billion download giveaway soon like Apple did...just to prove a point
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I buy some stuff from Cydia but I certainly wouldn't let RYP near anything of mine!
    Why?

Thanks

Because it causes a lot of problems. If they want to sell their products through Cydia (which I need to unlock my phone), fine, but I am not going to install some potentially damaging software just to buy more software.

Thanks

Well I must say I do not like the fact that I need yet another application icon for delivering of apps, its too complicated remembering to cycle through them to find out which ones have app updates. However, I have had no issues with RYP and their product has been pretty solid but thats just my experience.

Thanks

How does one get on the Cydia Store as a paid theme?
    Winning a fight on the internet is like winning a medal in the Special Olympics.
    At the end of the day, you're still a retard.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

One emails me (or any repo owner).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kmmxracer View Post
    Well look how the jailbreaking community is turning into the App Store, whats next!!!
    It's basically become an App store without *any* of apple's restrictions. That's a good thing, imo. It provides an alternative but it's one that you have to know about to access. The people who don't know about the "other" app store don't really belong there -- they are the same people that Apple sets up all it's restrictions to protect in the first place.

The sort of peole who, if multitasking existed, would never close ANY app and then complain about how slow the phone was. The people who need Apple to babysit them have it, and those who do not, have an alternative. It works out great.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Faxmonkey For This Useful Post:

L00i3 (09-07-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faxmonkey View Post
    It's basically become an App store without *any* of apple's restrictions. That's a good thing, imo. It provides an alternative but it's one that you have to know about to access. The people who don't know about the "other" app store don't really belong there -- they are the same people that Apple sets up all it's restrictions to protect in the first place.

The sort of peole who, if multitasking existed, would never close ANY app and then complain about how slow the phone was. The people who need Apple to babysit them have it, and those who do not, have an alternative. It works out great.
    LOL good point but I have to say I think some jailbreakers still need ol' Apple babysitting them.

I myself have paid for quite a few apps from cydia in the past that I thought were werth the money and risk of losing after a specific firmware update. But I think that when it comes to cydia some of Devs are (for lack of a better word) lazy or just don't care to update their apps for so long a time I don't even want said app anymore if they EVER do. That's the only problem I have when it comes to cydia and purchasing a specific app is future support of the app in question. I think when devs create an app (especially a paid app) they should have the responsibility to and be mature enough to keep up with it. I mean when you get a dog you have to feed the d@mn thing right?!?

Anyways that's just my opinion. Flame away. I know at least one of you will.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Don't you face the same issue with AppStore? Apple doesn't require anyone to update on a schedule...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Don't you face the same issue with AppStore? Apple doesn't require anyone to update on a schedule...
    Of course they don't. Did I say they did? No.
    160GB iPod Classic
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

So you have the issue with buying apps in general you're saying, not just Cydia?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

One emails me (or any repo owner).
    I know I do, but what's your point?

Jay is gonna need about 4 times that amount to defend against apple for just a month of attny fees so he better save every dime.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

So you have the issue with buying apps in general you're saying, not just Cydia?
    I'm not a J@ck@55 that mess's with wares if that's what you're geting at. I have bought and payed for MANY apps from the Appstore and Cydia alike ( as I already stated in my previous post). I was just saying that's generaly what I think about before I decide if I should purchase an app or not.
    160GB iPod Classic
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4