Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GV Mobile Now on Cydia [ ModMyi Repo ]

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

A 3rd revision is already out via Cydia. (they are quick today)

It says it fixes login remembering problems, and crashing problems. I dont think we'll need all those manual terminal steps any more.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JazJon For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (07-28-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    A 3rd revision is already out via Cydia. (they are quick today)

It says it fixes login remembering problems, and crashing problems. I dont think we'll need all those manual terminal steps any more.
    Hmm, mine still says latest version is 1.2.2 -- and when I first ran it after installs and tested it would not remember my info.

Perhaps it's a difference for Upgrades vs. Installs? I've upgraded from the first GV version through to the current and it wasn't until I did the MobileTerminal trick that it started to work for me.

Either way, with the info here anyone should be able to make it work now.

downloaded and installed on a 3G redsnow about an hour ago... no issues so far.

but i am running into an issue for the ipod touch 1G on 2.2.1 (cannot find GV Mobile in the MMI repo) <-- if any one has a fix let me know please thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

no issues so far. Love this app.

Hahahaha waterheads
    If I helped then hit the thanks button...

Quote Originally Posted by pinoystarr View Post
    downloaded and installed on a 3G redsnow about an hour ago... no issues so far.

but i am running into an issue for the ipod touch 1G on 2.2.1 (cannot find GV Mobile in the MMI repo) <-- if any one has a fix let me know please thanks.
    I heard this app does not work over WiFi or with the SIM card removed -- perhaps that's why it's not working?

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoMits View Post
    I heard this app does not work over WiFi or with the SIM card removed -- perhaps that's why it's not working?
    But i dont see how that would affect whether or not my itouch sees the app or not.

basically (iTouch 1g 2.2.1) when i go into cydia and search no GV Mobile but on my 3G i got no issues.

hopefully someone else has this issue.

so is that considered call forwarding??

Seems like a great app and I cant wait to try.
    I have a google voice account all ready and just got another invite on my other email address . How do you transfer that to another person if it asks you to sign in ? Anyone know how to do this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    Seems like a great app and I cant wait to try.
    I have a google voice account all ready and just got another invite on my other email address . How do you transfer that to another person if it asks you to sign in ? Anyone know how to do this ?
    Invite Me!

Although several other people had the same problem as I have, no one posted a solution. I cannot find GV Mobile in Cydia, despite having the apt.modmyi.com repo installed (obviously). What's going wrong?

Thanks.

i was ge imvoted but i'm from Puerto Rico and the service isn't on my area

Where is everyone finding this in the ModMyi repo? Definitely not listed under "GV Mobile."

Be nice if the OP said the name...

UPDATE: I'm guessing GV Mobile only works with firmware 3.0? That's why it's being filtered out of the list of apps in the ModMyi repo? Absolutely NO GV Mobile in my list (yes, I refreshed...)

UPDATE #2: Installed GV Voice manually via SFTP since it still wasn't showing up in Cydia... Great app but I'm having trouble with voicemails.. Sending SMS and calls work but you can't listen to any voice mails. They all appear as 0:00 length even after multiple refreshes..
    Last edited by carrisco; 07-29-2009 at 04:53 AM.

Hey guys!
    Is this Google voice just work in US right now??
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

Quote Originally Posted by ironearth View Post
    Although several other people had the same problem as I have, no one posted a solution. I cannot find GV Mobile in Cydia, despite having the apt.modmyi.com repo installed (obviously). What's going wrong?

Thanks.
    The problem is likely you have your Cydia apps filter turned too high.

Go to the Manage tab. Click on the "Settings" button on the top left.

Then select "Developer" for no app filtering.

Then close Cydia and go back in. Then Search for "GV Mobile". You'll see it then.

Quote Originally Posted by TheREALYoungHustla View Post
    My only question is…Does the Visual Voicemail work w/ T-Mobile?
    Sure. It works completely over the internet as your voice mail files are stored on google's servers as mp3s. You can download them directly from their website, if you like (each one is next to a text transcription of the voice mail) or you can use this app to do it instead (though, as some in this thread have said, that might be a bit buggy atm).

Keep in mind, however, that this is only visual voicemail for the voicemails people leave you at your google voice number -- if they dial your tmobile number directly and leave a voice mail message with tmobile then you're out of luck.

A neat trick for t-mobile is to use your GV number as one of your Favorite Five then in the google voice settings have your incoming caller ID show your GV number (you can turn on call screening to make people say their name when they call you before it rings to you). That way, All of your incoming calls are coming from that ONE number and thus you basically have *unlimited minutes* since its one of your favorites!

Of course if you're already using less minutes than the cheapest plan, that won't help you much -- or if you hate the idea of losing some caller ID functionality . . .

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Faxmonkey For This Useful Post:

Melech518 (07-29-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by jomo25 View Post
    The problem is likely you have your Cydia apps filter turned too high.

Go to the Manage tab. Click on the "Settings" button on the top left.

Then select "Developer" for no app filtering.

Then close Cydia and go back in. Then Search for "GV Mobile". You'll see it then.
    This is what worked for me in finding it.

Thanks

I thought i'd share this with my modmyi friends...

link to actual blog: Best. Comment. Ever.

Best. Comment. Ever.
    by Michael Arrington on July 28, 2009

This is, without a doubt, the best comment ever on TechCrunch. Left by “J” on MG’s latest iPhone rant about the Google Voice debacle. Beautiful.

AT&T: You want answers?

TechCrunch: We think we’re entitled to them.

AT&T: You want answers?!

TechCrunch: We want Google Voice on our iPhones.

AT&T: You can’t handle the iPhone with Google Voice!

Son, we operate on network that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by carriers with restrictions. Who’s gonna do it? You? You, Verizon Wireless? We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Google Voice and you curse AT&T. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what we know: That pulling Google Voice, while tragic, probably saved the network. And our existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves the network.

You don’t want the Google Voice on your iPhone. Because deep down, in places you don’t talk about at TechCrunch50, you want us protecting the network. You need us protecting that network. We use words like rate limiting, application approval and restrictions…we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline.

We have neither the time nor the inclination to explain ourselves to a blog who writes and profits under the blanket of the very network that we provide, then questions the manner in which we provide it. We’d prefer you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, we suggest you pick up a router and build your own network. Either way, We don’t give a damn what you think you’re entitled to.

TechCrunch: Did you order Google Voice taken down?

AT&T: We did the job you sent us to do.

TechCrunch: Did you order Google Voice taken down?

AT&T: You’re goddamn right we did.

iPhone? More like MyPhone marys25's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sure this is a great app and has great features..but I don't get the need for it if the phone it self does all the same things...but whatever..cool beans!

Quote Originally Posted by marys25 View Post
    I'm sure this is a great app and has great features..but I don't get the need for it if the phone it self does all the same things...but whatever..cool beans!
    The ability to call one number and have it forward to multiple numbers until someone picks up...tell me what app will let your iphone do that?

BTW- Thank You Faxmonkey for sending over the invite!!
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast